Let's go out of Sneck

Mine was Duncraig Castle from Plockton with Hamish Macbeath & Wee Jock in the shot, the camera man filming was not happy at me snapping behind him!

Missed the Cluanie Inn, must have been lunch time. 

Not sure on that one but think it may be Bonar Bridge.

Easy for me the German's head at the Slocht, some people have never seen it even stopping on the old road!

Yes, it's amazing the difficulty some people have in making that out! On the other hand once they get it the first time it's usually less of a problem thereafter.

The likeness to a German soldier of World War 1 is incredible, in particular the moustache which was popular at the time and the shape of the helmet which is subtly different from the WW2 design.

And that's not the only faces in this picture. :

A sheep's head, a hedgehog's face, a skull with a beard, an antelope's head, a sea-bird's face on the left as it roosts(gull?), a cat on the extreme left on  the edge of the picture. to the south-east.

How do I know? Try looking for two eyes from back aways and then watch the face swim into view.

Beyond that I will not say anything more.

Easy for me the German's head at the Slocht, some people have never seen it even stopping on the old road!

Yes, it's amazing the difficulty some people have in making that out! On the other hand once they get it the first time it's usually less of a problem thereafter.

The likeness to a German soldier of World War 1 is incredible, in particular the moustache which was popular at the time and the shape of the helmet which is subtly different from the WW2 design.

Charles you are getting your helmets mixed up or your world wars, unless you are seeing a different German's head than me :lol:

A sheep's head, a hedgehog's face, a skull with a beard, an antelope's head, a sea-bird's face on the left as it roosts(gull?), a cat on the extreme left on  the edge of the picture. to the south-east.

How do I know? Try looking for two eyes from back aways and then watch the face swim into view.

Scarlet have you been on the wine? 

Charles you are getting your helmets mixed up or your world wars, unless you are seeing a different German's head than me :lol:

No, definitely not IBM. The WW1 German helmet - the ordinary one, not the pickelhaube - was used up until around the early 30s. The shape is essentially the same as the WW2 helmet but the earlier one looks that bit more substantial.

Is this you trying to write "The Ancient Mariner"  or "Kubla Khan" again Scarlet? :lol:

Chums', 'there's always more than one way of seeing---, IHE claims he is a spiritually-blessed  medium with powers beyond the reach of others. Or is he just a teaser and a tickler? A date wiv him must be a blast.....?

As I gradually lose the sight in one eye my spiritually has increased along with my ability to see things not allowed to the less developed entities around you.. Once I saw 367 images in a picture iof a country scene, ladies in crinoline dresses and bionnets, carruages and  stuff.

Now I am speshul and gifted beyond the grasp of a mere mortal befuddled probably by the fumes of alcohol and (in the case of Charlie The One) inkohol. But I press on, regardless of the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, 'cos I know instinctively that I'm....Goooooood! :wave:  :ictscarf:  :notworthy:

No, definitely not IBM. The WW1 German helmet - the ordinary one, not the pickelhaube - was used up until around the early 30s. The shape is essentially the same as the WW2 helmet but the earlier one looks that bit more substantial.

You got me reading up on helmets Charles!  The Pickelhaube with the spike I associated with WW1 but it was replaced in 1916 with the Stahlhelm which continued in use into WW11 which I had on my German toy soldiers.  I think I would be due pass marks in my history for that  :smile:

You got me reading up on helmets Charles!  The Pickelhaube with the spike I associated with WW1 but it was replaced in 1916 with the Stahlhelm which continued in use into WW11 which I had on my German toy soldiers.  I think I would be due pass marks in my history for that  :smile:

Yes indeed, and it's two slightly different styles of the Stahlhelm I was talking about. The WW2 version was just that little bit less bulky than the WW1 - sort of like the way Cream Eggs have got smaller over the years.

One of the right-leaning organisations of German WW1 veterans which sprang up immediately after the war  was known as the Stahlhelm.

The stahlhelm design of helmet has also been used by some other countries, including Ireland.