Let's go out of Sneck

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies, haven't been paying attention...
I think the view from a hill is Kinloch Rannoch. So the wee yellae man tells me the first two are in the same place. The hill in the other pic is Schiehallion.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, TheMantis said:

Apologies, haven't been paying attention...
I think the view from a hill is Kinloch Rannoch. So the wee yellae man tells me the first two are in the same place. The hill in the other pic is Schiehallion.

Spot on, I will be catching up with weeman on the walks :wink: but I don't think he has been down there.

I know your one although I have not been there but not the mannie in the painting.  See if anyone else gets it.

43 minutes ago, IBM said:

Spot on, I will be catching up with weeman on the walks :wink: but I don't think he has been down there.

I know your one although I have not been there but not the mannie in the painting.  See if anyone else gets it.

That was taken through the window, the place is shut now. If nobody gets it I’ve got others for clues.

1 minute ago, TheMantis said:

That was taken through the window, the place is shut now. If nobody gets it I’ve got others for clues.

I thought you were over with a view to putting in a bid after the last sale falling through :smile:

1 minute ago, IBM said:

I thought you were over with a view to putting in a bid after the last sale falling through :smile:

Well I feel well off since I got my pension but I’m no that daft.

I’ll be at the final with Billy Fisher and Caley100, big Richard from Inverness Tyre Service so mind and say hello if you see us. We’re at the Ferry too.

On 6/1/2023 at 8:39 AM, weeman said:

No, I've still to climb Schiehallion.

The ones from Mantis are on one of the islands i haven't been too.

I know Richard so if I do see him, myself and IBM will say hi.

I think I would recognise Mantis although only met him once before an away game many years ago. I think it was Montrose where the bar had a great selection of dark rum 😋

Getting back on topic it was Kinloch Castle on the Isle of Rum. 

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, IBM said:

I think I would recognise Mantis although only met him once before an away game many years ago. I think it was Montrose where the bar had a great selection of dark rum 😋

Getting back on topic it was Kinloch Castle on the Isle of Rum. 

Ach it’s our own wee forum so we can be off topic if we like 😂 Honestly can’t remember 🤷

I think I only saw ICT at Montrose once, a 2-0 win and I was driving. Don’t think I was in any pubs. We were fair winding up the locals that day when we got the second goal late on. Used to stand at games with Bryan Munro or Ken MacDonald back then.
I remember the rum menu at the Smugglers in Arbroath though 🥃

57 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

Ach it’s our own wee forum so we can be off topic if we like 😂 Honestly can’t remember 🤷

I think I only saw ICT at Montrose once, a 2-0 win and I was driving. Don’t think I was in any pubs. We were fair winding up the locals that day when we got the second goal late on. Used to stand at games with Bryan Munro or Ken MacDonald back then.
I remember the rum menu at the Smugglers in Arbroath though 🥃

Must have been Arbroath as I was with Bryan and Ken and I haven’t a clue what the score was 🤣

• 2 weeks later...

It was the last flypast of the Hercules at Lossiemouth today after 60 years service.  I was hoping they would have passed over Inverness but we missed out today.

• Agree 1

The route bypassed Inverness. My wife travelled on them when she was in the RAF years ago so was keen to see them in the air one last time. I’d not been in Lossie for years. On a day like today it is well worth a visit. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Robert said:

The route bypassed Inverness. My wife travelled on them when she was in the RAF years ago so was keen to see them in the air one last time. I’d not been in Lossie for years. On a day like today it is well worth a visit. 

I will have to look out some photos and put them in the transport thread for you :smile:

• Thank You 1

15 hours ago, Robert said:

An easy one (maybe should be in the IBM Transport thread).

My next-door neighbour here in the deep south used to fly in Nimrods out of Kinloss.  Apparently they used to leak like a sieve - which was bad news for all the electronics inside them!

One of his mates at Kinloss is now the chairman of Elgin City.   https://www.elgincity.net/club/officials/graham-tatters 

15 hours ago, Robert said:

I’d not been in Lossie for years. On a day like today it is well worth a visit. 

Spent a morning down there last year, on a similar day.  Had a walk out the beach alongside the golf course.  Well, OK, I clambered up onto the golf course and had a look, because it's about 50 years since I last played it.  Hasn't changed much, except that back then one of the fairways had a wide strip of bright green grass running across it, a complete contrast to the less-than-green seaside links grass.  This was where, in 1960, a jet had come down a bit short of the runway, and the Fleet Air Arm (who had it until 1972) filled in the large hole and then returfed it with proper parkland grass  :thumbdown:

On 6/15/2023 at 2:56 PM, snorbens_caleyman said:

My next-door neighbour here in the deep south used to fly in Nimrods out of Kinloss.  Apparently they used to leak like a sieve - which was bad news for all the electronics inside them!

One of his mates at Kinloss is now the chairman of Elgin City.   https://www.elgincity.net/club/officials/graham-tatters 

He has stepped down as Chairman today apparently.

Nothing to do with being mentioned on CTO!!