Katy Perry and the NFL

Laurence

Katy Perry to sing at half time

Katy Perry is more popular according to social media

than  the  teams

Quarter Backs Russell  Wilson  or Tom Brady

The Seahawks or the Patriots

Roll on Sunday for what is billed the greatest show on earth

Katie Perry and Madonna to pair up - that could be a sexual feeling across the generations.

Cannot believe that it is being played in Postman Pats village.

Wilson and the Seahawks fer me.

Marshawn Lynch MOM

Do you get Sky in Grantown ya olde git ?

Katie Perry and Madonna to pair up - that could be a sexual feeling across the generations.

Marshawn Lynch MOM

Hi

Glad you are looking forward to the Super Bowl Marshawn  Lynch refused to speak to the media and has been fined over $10,000 a couple of times. Now he does interviews and says " No Comment" or such like. At the Super Bowl he broke his silence by saying why he does not do interviews. "Basically I go back to my family that's all I care about".

If you do fantasy American football Marshawn is a must for your team.

I think the Sky is a bit nearer than in Chorley , about a 1000 feet or so. However I am in Boat about 10 miles down the road and a bit lower down

I like the ya olde git .  The lanky version  yer howd bugger but still a good effort .  Lancastrians often pot the "h" in places they don't belong and miss them where they do. For example in a football score they would announce  Hoswestry  5  Orwich 0

I am a bit of a Seattle fan  myself having had a few sleepless nights there.  Seattle is where the water closet was invented by a man called crapper I'm told . It is also the origin of the term  "skid row ", as all the poor people lived at the bottom of the hill and the rich people at the top, through their slops in the street which run with the rain and the mud downwards, Causing the underprivileged to skid around.on the sloppy road.

SKID ROW ? And slops?  Nope I am afraid you are wrong Laurence. I am not saying it didn't happen but I have never heard of slops in roads in the last couple of hundred years ..

Seattle is south of the B/C. border some 100 Kilometers from where I live and is on the west coast  of America. Like Vancouver, it  has always been a logger's town. Their wood came from the forests of the northern Cascadia Mountains close to Seattle in what is generally called the Pacific North West , Vancouver is, of course, also in this region but more often called the West coast of British Columbia.

The town of Vancouver was started some 150 years ago at a point on the North Shore of the Burrard Inlet coming in from the Pacific Ocean.

This was where the loggers dragged their huge logs out of the forests and to do this they used huge sleds harnessed to equally huge horses. In old documentaries I have also seen large carts heaped to the top and pulled by horses. Also what looked like open trains on rails also pulled by horses. Thus these 15 feet in diameter monster logs  were "skidded" out on the skid roads down to the water's edge where they were prepared and locked into huge groups of  logs called booms. There are still booms on the Inlets and also upstream on the Fraser river where they stand until ready for moving out.....either to the sawmills up country or exported.

The name Skid Row is synonomous with Skid Road in  the downtown Eastside and is usually now refers to down at heel, lower class areas of the city fairly close to the water as in olden times. It's also strongly associated with drug use and alcohol in Vancouver and everyone knows where it is, in the back areas and lanes behind the main drag called Hastings Street.

So I will see if I can find some old photos of the logging operations. These Western redwoods and cedar trees grow to tremendous heights due to the Pacific rains and they used to cut them down by inserting long  metal strips into the base of the tree and the men stood on them on either side of the tree and held on to the huge long saw handles which needed two crews to  move them --that was before the modern invention of the buzz saw.

1.         http://pacificforestfoundation.org/glossary.html

2.       https://www.google.ca/search?q=Old+logging+practices&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:IE-  Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=&gfe_rd=cr&ei=XRPPVNzyDaarmAL4gYGQBg&gws_rd=ssl

3.https://www.google.ca/search?q=Old+logging+practices&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:IE-Address&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=XRPPVIuLIdjVoAS7kYDQDg&ved=0CCMQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=453&dpr=1.25

Plenty of meat here to inspire and fill you with awe.

The modern method of removing the logs out from the forest edge with the water is by helicopter. This is a helicopter especially designed for this operation and is a very powerful beastie. I think they use Sikorskis. These pieces of felled trees are very valuable and the process of stripping and cutting them in the sawmill is intriguing. Each huge log is measured in different ways and it is determined by computer where to cut and how to cut in order to maximise the value of each log. Then the machine goes to work and does all the calculations with very little waste left over.

Cheers  S.P.

Marshawn Lynch MOM

Hi

Glad you are looking forward to the Super Bowl Marshawn  Lynch refused to speak to the media and has been fined over $10,000 a couple of times. Now he does interviews and says " No Comment" or such like. At the Super Bowl he broke his silence by saying why he does not do interviews. "Basically I go back to my family that's all I care about".

If you do fantasy American football Marshawn is a must for your team.

I think the Sky is a bit nearer than in Chorley , about a 1000 feet or so. However I am in Boat about 10 miles down the road and a bit lower down

I like the ya olde git .  The lanky version  yer howd bugger but still a good effort .  Lancastrians often pot the "h" in places they don't belong and miss them where they do. For example in a football score they would announce  Hoswestry  5  Orwich 0

I am a bit of a Seattle fan  myself having had a few sleepless nights there.  Seattle is where the water closet was invented by a man called crapper I'm told . It is also the origin of the term  "skid row ", as all the poor people lived at the bottom of the hill and the rich people at the top, through their slops in the street which run with the rain and the mud downwards, Causing the underprivileged to skid around.on the sloppy road.

Think you've earned your wings for that post...

post-3-0-61121100-1422877262.jpg