IBM Transport

Here is one from the old petrol station at Bunchrew

Thought I would struggle with that one but there is a VW Beetle heading away near the top of the picture!  A rare thing in Bunchrew IHE :wink:

Wow! It wasn't yesterday or the day before that I was last in there. Now even I can make out the Bedford van and the Rover 90 or 100 and what I think are bits of a Hillman husky and maybe a Morris 1000 but i'm sure IBM will rattle off the lot.

You are getting good Charles!  A Morris JB van at the front, Land Rover, Ford Zepher, Riley/Wolseley 1.5, Ford Consul behind the Husky, A30/35 & Bedford Dormobile on right.  The Macfarlane biscuit van is a Morris FEK100.  Don't know the van at the back but it looks like Postman Pats :smile:  and the garage is Macrae & Dick with the petrol pumps inside the entrance from Strothers Lane. 

I would guess a 90, that model was known as the P4 with the 80,90,95,100 & 105 all sharing the same body with the only difference being the engine size & trim over a 10-12 year period I think!  The one thing I liked about them was the rear door was hinged at the rear which gave very easy access.  These cars had 2.3 & 2.6 straight 6 engines with acceleration from 0-60 well over 20 seconds but when the were wound up they could fly along with a top speed about 100mph which was fast in them days.  Unfortunately there were not many roads suitable for that in the old days!

Were you aware that there is a job vacancy on Top Gear ?

Don't think I would fit in there and am not so up to date with all the modern cars so I will not bother applying.

A guess that would have been the Black Isle Show early 60's

Or maybe that show that used to take place in the Bught round about the same era (forgotten the name)?

Is the floral arrangement in the middle meant to represent a Roller for which I believe the IMC were the local agents?

That would have been the Highland Show which used to be at the Bught, I think that car is meant to be a Jaguar.  I am sure it was Macrae & Dick that were the Rolls Royce agents in Inverness.