IBM Transport

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2017 at 8:47 AM, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Cars in Sneck.jpg

From left Riley Elf of Wolseley Hornet, Standard 10, Vauxhall Viva HA, Hillman Super Minx estate leaving square, Austin Cambridge behind, VW van on right with Singer Gazelle in front.  The front of the station is under construction and is going to be again starting this year.

4 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

SST.jpg

My thought was Ford Anglia 105e but that is not an Anglia badge, the bumper has large overriders, number plate in middle not below and the indicators in the grille are different so I have to say I am not sure on this one!  The registration SST111 was registered between July 1961 & March 1962 most likely August-September.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/03/2017 at 9:18 PM, IBM said:

My thought was Ford Anglia 105e but that is not an Anglia badge, the bumper has large overriders, number plate in middle not below and the indicators in the grille are different so I have to say I am not sure on this one!  The registration SST111 was registered between July 1961 & March 1962 most likely August-September.

IBM, time on my hands these days. Saw this on another site, it is a DKW Junior from the 1950's

Having never herd of a DKW before I had a look on Wiki and after reading about them I think the Anglia 105e would have been a much better car.

Glad you are not getting bored weeman :wink:

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

There was a couple of odd ones 'Mini Hatch' I have never known it called that and Vauxhall 60/30 was an Opel Astra which was the German version.

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Shore Street Motor

shore street.jpg

Welcome back on Olde Inverness IHE.  The lorry on the left is an Albion the one on the right is a Bedford O series and the car is an Austin A40 Devon registered in Aberdeen 1951 so I would guess the photo would be from the fifties.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...