IBM Transport

I remember my Father remarking after he traded the Austin 8 that the sales person mumbled-- something to the effect of

"You are a hard man to do business with Mr SP, you strike a hard bargoon."

'

And here I thought it was only Scotsmen that proverbially were "cheap" 'cos faither was an Englishman. :laugh:

Wasn't Rossleigh's near the Fairfied Dyeworks? If so that was where Daddy bought his Ford Perfect....YES!!!!

Don't know about the Fairfield Dyeworks but Rossleigh's was on Young St at the junction of King St and is now Tesco!  If IHE was describing where it was he would say it was opposite the Tarry Isle :lol:

Wasn't Rossleigh's near the Fairfied Dyeworks? If so that was where Daddy bought his Ford Perfect....YES!!!!

Don't know about the Fairfield Dyeworks but Rossleigh's was on Young St at the junction of King St and is now Tesco!  If IHE was describing where it was he would say it was opposite the Tarry Isle :lol:

Was the Fairfield Dyeworks not on the corner of Kenneth Street and Young Street at the traffic lights - where the Salvation Army now is? That would mean that Rossleigh's and the Dyeworks were only separated from each other by the Ordnance (now Nellie Dean's).

• Agree 1

After a few drinks IHE would  only think it was the STARRY ISLE.Hoch. Hoch.

But that's the place where my Dad traded his Austin 8 all right. And, Chas, you are right -- the Dyeworks was very close to the traffic lights at the end of Kenneth Street.

So that street was called Young Street, eh?  My,My! The memory is fading.

Have to go back to my Senna Pods, my Aspirin,. then my Arthrotec pills, then my Celebrex which I don't suggest you touch with a bargepole, my DecloFenac, my Steroids, my Omega 3's and  finish up with my DuoTrav and my Azoft , the latter to keep the eye pressures from being twice as high as they should be  so I can see the labels on the aforesaid bottles. And, depending on the results of the upcoming annual examination from Doctor Doolittle, if he encounters internal polyps with his  examination progressing up the passageways of the Nile then it's back to Statins I am afraid. :wink:

So that street was called Young Street, eh?  My,My! The memory is fading.

Yes, I used to get a bit confused with that when I was a young kid. From the river to the Kenneth Street crossroads is Young Street and from there to the bottom of Montague Row is Tomnahurich Street and from there to the canal is Glenurquhart Road.

Must have been where they started and the name stayed on the old building, I can only remember them in Telford Street.  The Old High seeple and the Friars Lane Telephone Exchange before the Macdhui extension was built leaving the old graveyard in between.  Going by the cars which I cant identify would date the photo late 60's.

Is the first one an "Allard"?

It's a 1940's Sunbeam-Talbot Ten Drophead Coupé with the registration BST310 would have been registered in Inverness.

Is the first one an "Allard"?

It's a 1940's Sunbeam-Talbot Ten Drophead Coupé with the registration BST310 would have been registered in Inverness.

I'd just like to know why Boris Johnson is driving yer sunbeam whatever up Church street!!!

• Agree 1

IBM--do you carry a car manual in your back pocket perchance?

As  car salesperson you could  rock and roll. :smile:

Never worked in the motor industry Scarlet.