IBM Transport

It was Low's that moved to the Rossleigh site I think the early 80's and was then taken over by Tesco.

Eureka IBM! That's jogged my memory. I remember Lows on the corner of Bridge St (where I believe Sandy Grant may have worked as a butcher in a previous incarnation) and getting a particularly bad bottle of Spanish wine there which made me quite sick at a party.

PS - you know something... I think the main contributors to this thread should recruit Old Caley Girl as a latter day Nora Batty and wander, misbehaving, round the streets of Inverness to the nostalgic strains of a harmonica! :lol:  :lol:

Edited by Charles Bannerman

It was Low's that moved to the Rossleigh site I think the early 80's and was then taken over by Tesco.

Eureka IBM! That's jogged my memory. I remember Lows on the corner of Bridge St (where I believe Sandy Grant may have worked as a butcher in a previous incarnation) and getting a particularly bad bottle of Spanish wine there which made me quite sick at a party.

PS - you know something... I think the main contributors to this thread should recruit Old Caley Girl as a latter day Nora Batty and wander, misbehaving, round the streets of Inverness to the nostalgic strains of a harmonica! :lol:  :lol:

I don't remember a Sandy Grant but I only worked there 2 years and it was a long time ago!  Come on Charles a bad wine was it not too much wine that made you sick :lol:

Z cars

Date IBM? Early 60s?

The copper on the right actually looks quite like Sgt Merton from Heartbeat!

Cracking picture Tichy!  Could be late 50's or early 60's, the 2 on the left are Vauxhall Cresta's a cracking car in its day (with a bench seat in the front & column gear change you could easy seat 3 in the front!) and the one on the right a Vauxhall Victor, both in production from 1957 to 1961-62. 

Love the wheels

I worked for them but not back in that days!  For 6 months in 1973 in the furniture & electrical department in Academy Street wages £10 per week, paid 57p NI & no tax!  Was promised a bonus on sales after 3 months but never got it from the shop manager so moved on!  One senior manager who was based in the Fraser Street office was a Malcolm Chalmers was a real gent and still stays in Lochardil .

I don't remember a Sandy Grant but I only worked there 2 years and it was a long time ago!  Come on Charles a bad wine was it not too much wine that made you sick :lol:

IBM this stuff "Don Something-or-other" was real p!sh. I only started drinking Spanish wine again a couple of years ago when I went on an all-inclusive to Lanzarote and it was effectively free and in unlimited supply!

Aye Scarlet and you could fix it with a starting handle and a spanner nae bother, ploughed through the snow with its little narrow wheels, a real joy to drive, I think it even had indicators but you were better off just sticking your arm out the window it was more reliable.

IBM this stuff "Don Something-or-other" was real p!sh. I only started drinking Spanish wine again a couple of years ago when I went on an all-inclusive to Lanzarote and it was effectively free and in unlimited supply!

Don Cortez?

And it was easy to push if it broke down Bughtie? But it was a reliable little  car . The starting handle was a great idea .

I had one with  the 1935 MG which was my first car, Bought it in a garage in Norbury near  Streatham area in South  London.

Drove it off the lot  at the ripe old age of 20 and thought  I was the bees knees. Until it broke down at the first traffic lights. :crazy: I paid 100 pounds for it and got back 50 pounds when I finally got it back to the dealer.

If you want to insult a Real Estate Agent in Maple Ridge  you suggest that he reminds you of, or you compare him to, a car salesman. :amazed:

Scotty,what do you think about Realtors in Toronto? :notworthy:

Don Cortez?

I believe that was indeed it!