Replacement Striker?

us2

Boyce had a good game today. He's good at holding up the ball and good in the air. He's not afraid to run at defenders and if he was given proper service i reckon he would do a proper job!

I believe he also has 6 month left on his contract. Give County 20k n say nothing more about it (Y)

Boyce had a good game today. He's good at holding up the ball and good in the air. He's not afraid to run at defenders and if he was given proper service i reckon he would do a proper job!

I believe he also has 6 month left on his contract. Give County 20k n say nothing more about it (Y)

You cannot be serious. He was slow, looked overweight and had a touch like an elephant!

We really need a striker. Yes Watkins and Ross can do alright there, but we need an out and out one too. If Yogi doesn't have one for the next game I will be really pissed off. So far Yogi has hidden behind the excuse of 'great bunch of lads needs no additions' etc. Hughes has signed 3 first team players, Tansey (who was here before, and we already knew about), Horner & Sekajja (both have done little). I understand it is hard to find a striker or any player at this time but I am beginning to wonder whether Yogi can actually sign a decent player.

• Agree 1

Some people seem to have forgotten that Hughes has actually signed four players for us and I think the one who hasn't featured at all in the first team squad yet could turn out the best of all.  Tansey has been a brilliant move, while Horner and Sekajja were only signed for cover.  Granted they weren't any good, but they were never signed with proper first team places in mind.

Hughes brought Ryan Baptie to the club in the summer and I think this could well be a cunning move.  Presumably he was signed with the attitude that Shinnie would be away by the end of next season, whereby Baptie would be ready for the first team.  I've liked what I've seen of him so far and he could well be our first choice left-back within 18 months.

• Agree 2

We really need a striker. Yes Watkins and Ross can do alright there, but we need an out and out one too. If Yogi doesn't have one for the next game I will be really pissed off. So far Yogi has hidden behind the excuse of 'great bunch of lads needs no additions' etc. Hughes has signed 3 first team players, Tansey (who was here before, and we already knew about), Horner & Sekajja (both have done little). I understand it is hard to find a striker or any player at this time but I am beginning to wonder whether Yogi can actually sign a decent player.

He will be on lookout for a Striker today and until end of transfer window, I am sure of that.

Some people seem to have forgotten that Hughes has actually signed four players for us and I think the one who hasn't featured at all in the first team squad yet could turn out the best of all.  Tansey has been a brilliant move, while Horner and Sekajja were only signed for cover.  Granted they weren't any good, but they were never signed with proper first team places in mind.

Hughes brought Ryan Baptie to the club in the summer and I think this could well be a cunning move.  Presumably he was signed with the attitude that Shinnie would be away by the end of next season, whereby Baptie would be ready for the first team.  I've liked what I've seen of him so far and he could well be our first choice left-back within 18 months.

Yep, that's why I said first team.

Hiding?  I suspect you may have been the one hiding as Yogi has clearly stated that he needs a replacement...possibly two.  

We've been active before on transfer deadline where we have secured loan deals so I suspect that to be the case tomorrow, if not then it will have to be looking in the free agent market as Yogi says in the interview last week on the ICT YouTube channel.

Kenny Cameron also stated that we have a contingency plan in place should Mckay or anyone else left the club, so again I'm sure we will be active tomorrow or some point in the future with a replacement.

I seen on Twitter today that Alan Gow is training with Hamilton Accies. Worth a look again for us?

Nah.  He's not really much of a striker anyway, more of a number ten and we've got enough of them already.

Hiding? I suspect you may have been the one hiding as Yogi has clearly stated that he needs a replacement...possibly two.

Yogi has also said that he might not have time to, and he won't sign just any striker, a ploy to cover up him not signing anyone IMO.

You should really stop defending Yogi in every post you make, if you have a position at the club, fair enough, but you shouldn't really be posting on this forum. g.

Edited by Rival

I seen on Twitter today that Alan Gow is training with Hamilton Accies. Worth a look again for us?

Nah.  He's not really much of a striker anyway, more of a number ten and we've got enough of them already.

Could be used in the same way Watkins playing off Mckay - could do no worse IMO.

Possibly, but what we're really needing is at least one out and out striker.  I think that's what Gow is really.

Totally agree but if we went with Gow and Watkins that would be enough to take us to the end of the season IMO.

I personally wouldn't mind someone like Gavin Reilly of QOTS. He seems to be scoring for fun for them and he's only 21.

What about the lad who got three in a development game a while ago.  Marlon ?

Who?!

I think MacDuffer is referring to Marlon Jackson who we had on trial before Sekajja signed. Well, the boy Marlon has recently signed for Halifax Town in the conference.

• Agree 2

Of course we will sign a striker today possibly two either permanently or on loan. There is no way the club would prejudice our prospects of our First ever European qualification by going almost half the season with not a single experienced out and out forward at the club.

I am confident that by this time tomorrow the forum will be buzzing with discussion about the new signing(s).