Replacement Striker?

us2

Clock is ticking, I'd imagine there's a considerable amount going on behind the scenes at the minute but it would be nice to get something tied up before we miss out.

Our direct rivals for a European spot have already strengthened considerably today. Doing no business would just smack of a lack of ambition.

Edited by Hiro

Apparently us and Ross County are hoping to complete loan deals before midnight.

I hope they know the cut off is before 12am

12am is Midnight.

That's a matter for debate, Twelve noon is Meridiem.. Could be argued that twelve midnight is neither post or ante Meridiem but merely twelve midnight.

Rumours going we've enquired to Rangers about Nicky Clark on loan. Don't think we could afford all his wages but would be interesting to see happen, knows how to hit the back of the net.

Not being able to afford all of his wages doesn't seem to have prevented The Rangers having him on their books.

• Agree 2

Despite the 'window' being open for a month, most of the activity happens between now and midnight! Let's hope we get someone in. There is the possibility of still getting-in players after today - if they're 'free-agents' as no transfer is actually done. But, to be honest, they're usually 'free-agents' for a reason!

Realistically, any strengthening of the squad, for the rest of the season, needs to be done in the next 8 hours.

Something will happen at the Caledonian stadium shortly - I should really start being a ****...(assuming that's the name given to folk who tweet?)

**** = That Word Assuming Twittership

Edited by Sneckboy

Who was that Highland League striker with an insane goal ratio?  Cammy Keith or someone?  Linked Nottingham Forest and Kilmarnock IIRC.

I think the step up from Highland league to Premiership might be too big for a stop-gap replacement. Not sure if Yogi personally knows Steve Paterson, but 'Pele' knows the Highland League scene inside-out and is in a great position to recommend who could likely 'make it' jumping to such a high level from the semi-pro Highland League - but it's unlikely there are any ready-made players there who could instantly adapt. But that's just my opinion!

Of course we will sign a striker today possibly two either permanently or on loan. There is no way the club would prejudice our prospects of our First ever European qualification by going almost half the season with not a single experienced out and out forward at the club.

I am confident that by this time tomorrow the forum will be buzzing with discussion about the new signing(s).

Just hope you are right!

And now Calum Ferguson moves to Brentford? Or are our under 20's among those on the wind up on Twitter.

Ok, I think they are, but we must have something lined up.

Edited by Slater

Rumours going we've enquired to Rangers about Nicky Clark on loan. Don't think we could afford all his wages but would be interesting to see happen, knows how to hit the back of the net.

Can't believe Sevco even have a hair-stylist on the payroll, no wonder they're bankrupt. Good news for Dave the Rave if true though.

This silence is getting very worrying/frustrating!

Haris Vuckic is one of 4 being linked to Rangers from Newcastle on loan which may hamper Clark's game time.

Over 4.5hrs left but I am very, very unconvinced that we will have a new striker by this time tomorrow :-( :-(.