Replacement Striker?

us2

Hughes seemed to suggest recently that there was a few targets who fell through, most likely from pricing themselves out.  The comments earlier seem to suggest that he would have at least crossed Hughes' mind but for one reason or another didn't sign him.  I wouldn't at all be surprised if he wanted a fairly big wage as well.

Would he have been a good signing?  He may well had have.  Would he have scored goals?  He might have.  Then again though, he might be well past it.  He often did have a weight and effort problem as well at times if I remember right as well.  What we really need now is an out and out striker.  For the life of me I can't understand this Tarmo Kink move at all.  Everywhere seems to suggest he's a winger, which we've got more than enough of.  

Do we have more than enough?  If Watkins is playing up front he can't play in the '3' and Doran has been in and out this season.  For the first time in a long time on Tuesday we didn't really have anyone to come on in an attacking role.  I don't think Hughes fancies Doran, for whatever reason, so he maybe wants a bit more depth in there.

Look, he's foreign, he has a funny name and he likes a Jimmy Ping.  Stop ruining this for everyone Renegade.

Our stands will be filled with middle-aged women expecting a hunky billionaire with rippled abs to come out the tunnel...

I don't think Hughes fancies Doran, for whatever reason, ... he maybe wants a bit more depth in there.

...er, you feeling ok Chris?

Hughes seemed to suggest recently that there was a few targets who fell through, most likely from pricing themselves out.  The comments earlier seem to suggest that he would have at least crossed Hughes' mind but for one reason or another didn't sign him.  I wouldn't at all be surprised if he wanted a fairly big wage as well.

Would he have been a good signing?  He may well had have.  Would he have scored goals?  He might have.  Then again though, he might be well past it.  He often did have a weight and effort problem as well at times if I remember right as well.  What we really need now is an out and out striker.  For the life of me I can't understand this Tarmo Kink move at all.  Everywhere seems to suggest he's a winger, which we've got more than enough of.  

Did you ever think that maybe Watkins is staying and Hughes is turning him into a striker so then we would need a winger.

Hughes seemed to suggest recently that there was a few targets who fell through, most likely from pricing themselves out. The comments earlier seem to suggest that he would have at least crossed Hughes' mind but for one reason or another didn't sign him. I wouldn't at all be surprised if he wanted a fairly big wage as well.

Would he have been a good signing? He may well had have. Would he have scored goals? He might have. Then again though, he might be well past it. He often did have a weight and effort problem as well at times if I remember right as well. What we really need now is an out and out striker. For the life of me I can't understand this Tarmo Kink move at all. Everywhere seems to suggest he's a winger, which we've got more than enough of.

Did you ever think that maybe Watkins is staying and Hughes is turning him into a striker so then we would need a winger.

When we have the likes of Danny Williams, Nick Ross, Aaron Doran and even Ali Sutherland at a push, do you really think we need another winger?

• Agree 1

Hughes seemed to suggest recently that there was a few targets who fell through, most likely from pricing themselves out. The comments earlier seem to suggest that he would have at least crossed Hughes' mind but for one reason or another didn't sign him. I wouldn't at all be surprised if he wanted a fairly big wage as well.

Would he have been a good signing? He may well had have. Would he have scored goals? He might have. Then again though, he might be well past it. He often did have a weight and effort problem as well at times if I remember right as well. What we really need now is an out and out striker. For the life of me I can't understand this Tarmo Kink move at all. Everywhere seems to suggest he's a winger, which we've got more than enough of.

When we have the likes of Danny Williams, Nick Ross, Aaron Doran and even Ali Sutherland at a push, do you really think we need another winger?

Not when we don't have a single striker...

Do we have more than enough?  If Watkins is playing up front he can't play in the '3' and Doran has been in and out this season.  For the first time in a long time on Tuesday we didn't really have anyone to come on in an attacking role.  I don't think Hughes fancies Doran, for whatever reason, so he maybe wants a bit more depth in there.

Look, he's foreign, he has a funny name and he likes a Jimmy Ping.  Stop ruining this for everyone Renegade.

This^

The thing is though, is I'm not convinced Watkins is a striker.  He tries hard and all that and he's alright to fill in for now, but I don't think relying on him for the rest of the season is the way to go.  I think I also prefer him out wide as well.

Interesting comments on Prince Rajcomar of Curacao and Tarmo Kink being signed up.  Seemingly the Serbian boy is only 19 so one would ordinarily presume he'd be more our type of player.  Guess he mustn't have impressed then.

Do we have more than enough? If Watkins is playing up front he can't play in the '3' and Doran has been in and out this season. For the first time in a long time on Tuesday we didn't really have anyone to come on in an attacking role. I don't think Hughes fancies Doran, for whatever reason, so he maybe wants a bit more depth in there.

Look, he's foreign, he has a funny name and he likes a Jimmy Ping. Stop ruining this for everyone Renegade.

Did you ever think that maybe Watkins is staying and Hughes is turning him into a striker so then we would need a winger. When we have the likes of Danny Williams, Nick Ross, Aaron Doran and even Ali Sutherland at a push, do you really think we need another winger?

This^

The thing is though, is I'm not convinced Watkins is a striker. He tries hard and all that and he's alright to fill in for now, but I don't think relying on him for the rest of the season is the way to go. I think I also prefer him out wide as well.

Interesting comments on Prince Rajcomar of Curacao and Tarmo Kink being signed up. Seemingly the Serbian boy is only 19 so one would ordinarily presume he'd be more our type of player. Guess he mustn't have impressed then.

I remember looking at a website saying the Serbian guy is actually 25 and only played for one club.

6 goals in SIXTY appearances at Millwall- No thanks!

I am glad we didn't sign him, a) because of above damning stat and b) he isn't getting younger.

http://youtu.be/PM3_VaZhTd0

He addresses the Milwall situation in this video. He would have fitted in well in our dressing room in my opinion but wasn't meant to be.

Thanks for sharing this video interview. Very interesting. Back to Motherwell for football, not money. Wants to go back to playing upfront and scoring goals. I know its words but saying the right things. I agree with you ICTRoughi. It hasn't happened with us and it's spilled milk ... but I would be most disappointed with the club IF they hadn't even considered Scott McDonald.

Turing a winger into a striker never works ask Thierry Henry, I mean whos JH trying to kid it not like Watkins has scored any goals so far in that new role either :blink:

Seriously can folks not give the guy a chance, from what I've seen Watkins has done very well in the role, what we lack is an alternative option, different type of striker who can change the game pattern. The biggest worry is that Watkins may be off in the summer (Nick Ross too) so JH quite rightly should try being in players if he thinks they may longerterm options or give them a chance.

Hearing we've signed a striker. Not Kink or Rajcomar. Will be confirmed later if my source is correct. #itk

Rings true with what i've heard, hear we are looking to sign two players, one most probably being Kink but heard that Prince Rajcomar and the other lad have left #notintheknow

Hearing we've signed a striker. Not Kink or Rajcomar. Will be confirmed later if my source is correct. #itk

Rings true with what i've heard, hear we are looking to sign two players, one most probably being Kink but heard that Prince Rajcomar and the other lad have left #notintheknow

Yeah according to my source you are correct

Yeah according to my source you are correct

Your source  being Wickipedia ?..

• Agree 1

Rings true with what i've heard, hear we are looking to sign two players, one most probably being Kink but heard that Prince Rajcomar and the other lad have left #notintheknow Yeah according to my source you are correct

Your source being Wickipedia ?..

Wickipedia? What's that?