Replacement Striker?

us2

Aberdeen are keen to get Stevie May in on loan, so i don't see why we don't try and get him on loan aswell. We will both be in the same boat in terms of what we have to offer.

Aye because the wages we can offer will be the same as Aberdeen.

In terms of a loan mover we don't know what dons will be paying

Still would be much more than we could ever offer. If we had more money than Aberdeen, Shinnie would be with us next season.

• Agree 1

Oh My!  Caley dawson

My two eyes don' t read at the same pace. One  forges ahead whilst the other one is lagging behind and grasping at straws,

So I misread your post and thought you had said.......in terms of  a lawn mower we don't know what the Dons will be paying" ..... and immediately assumed in a flash of inspiration that they were looking for a groundsman.. :lol:

But now, using my newly-built-in eye adjuster, I figured it all out . 

Me?   I like Willo Flood's style. Have you noticed that, once he's on the ball, his distriburtion is controlled and effective and he raerely loses it when he gets it. And the last goal I saw from him was a belter and a thing of beauty; dynamic like,.

And just a mention ------ Rooney is surely belting them in --winning awards and so forth. Other than that I don't particularly rate

Aberdeen. Methinks ICT has more class, more oomph, more crowd-pleasing moves  and more skill.

YESSSSSS! :clapoverhead:

• Agree 2

Ofere seems, at first glance and early showing, that he can be a replacement for Mckay. Really hope the lure of European football and continued potential success can persuade likes of Raven (who favourited my tweet when I suggested such ;-) ) and Watkins to sign on.

Doubt Watkins will sign unless he tells his agent to take a hike . He has been touted all over Scotland ,and even obscure European teams , the latest being Rangers!

His agent obviously wanting money rather than the right thing for Marley who I doubt is bright enough to see it . We should drop him for the final and support our loyal players

Doubt Watkins will sign unless he tells his agent to take a hike . He has been touted all over Scotland ,and even obscure European teams , the latest being Rangers!

His agent obviously wanting money rather than the right thing for Marley who I doubt is bright enough to see it . We should drop him for the final and support our loyal players

Yeah - briliant!  Drop the captain as well by that logic  :confused:

Ofere seems, at first glance and early showing, that he can be a replacement for Mckay. Really hope the lure of European football and continued potential success can persuade likes of Raven (who favourited my tweet when I suggested such ;-) ) and Watkins to sign on.

Raven has already signed

Yeah - briliant!  Drop the captain as well by that logic  :confused:

Shinnie and his agent did not post all over the media that he was looking to move to anyone who would take him as long as he left inverness . His business was done behind the scenes and with dignity .

It will not happen as Marleys pace will expose Falkirk I just wish we had an alternative.

On a point of principal Foran is the club captain and shinnie deputises in his absence which regretfully has been all season

I think we can forget about Foran injured all season I don't see him coming back and if he does IMO he will not be the player he was . Keep him as a coach yes but for me his playing days are over so we need to look for alternatives

• Agree 1

Shinnie and his agent did not post all over the media that he was looking to move to anyone who would take him as long as he left inverness . His business was done behind the scenes and with dignity .

Rubbish.  Shinnie's agent was blabbering off in the media as soon as he turned down a new deal, a couple of months before he signed for Aberdeen.

I've read some nonsense in my time of here (a fair chunk written by me!) but saying that we should drop one of our best players and thus not field our strongest team for our biggest game ever, just to spite someone's agent is up there with the biggest amount of garbage I've ever read!

• Agree 4

I see Aberdeen have released Andrew Driver.  Granted he didn't seem to do much when he was there, but we seem to have a knack of rejuvenating players like his careers.  Should Watkins go as well, I think he'd the type of player to fit into our team as a replacement quite well - wages providing of course.

Driver might be worth looking at. Providing he's fit and wanting to get going again. Had potential before our governing body brought in a new rule specificity for him (though they insisted it wasn't) only for him to get a long term injury.

I see on the PFA Availability List, along with Vigurs, I also spotted Stuart Carswell, Paul Lawson and John Sutton on it.  Worth a look?  I've always thought Sutton was a dangerous player but then if we retain Ofere we already have that 'type' of player.  Carswell and Lawson would suit Yogi's style I reckon.

There's also the brilliantly named David Banjo on the list.  Great name but would probably be better suited at County!  :wink:

Edited by Renegade

There's also the brilliantly named David Banjo on the list.  Great name but would probably be better suited at County!  :wink:

He played against us last time we were at Arbroath.  Let's just say i'd love to see him at County!

I heard somewhere on the grapevine that we'll be bringing in a keeper on loan at the start of next season in order for Brill to fully recover.

Yogi stated that at the sponsors evening this week apparently. I wouldn't mind seeing Celtic's U20 come in on loan - Leo Fasan

To play Devil's Advocate a wee bit here, do we *need* a new left-back?  We have Tremarco but I was looking at a Chester forum the other week and their comments seem to suggest that Danny Williams is actually naturally a full-back as well.  I seem to remember much the same being reported when he signed.  Also, he did play there last season in one game and from my recollection had a very good game indeed.

Could he be the rampaging wing-back to replace Shinnie?  I think he could be you know.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 2