Replacement Striker?

us2

To play Devil's Advocate a wee bit here, do we *need* a new left-back?  We have Tremarco but I was looking at a Chester forum the other week and their comments seem to suggest that Danny Williams is actually naturally a full-back as well.  I seem to remember much the same being reported when he signed.  Also, he did play there last season in one game and from my recollection had a very good game indeed.

Could he be the rampaging wing-back to replace Shinnie?  I think he could be you know.

I like this idea! Pace in defence is such an asset. How about a Meekings, Warren, Devine, Williams back four? I like Raven, but Meekings at right back has more pace.

I Dont subscrie to the herald but you can get the idea...

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/ofere-could-be-off-after-final.126921571

Considering how many teams he has played for maybe he should consider sticking around at a club where he has a realistic chance of playing, scoring goals and a decent bunch round him. Obviously will be the money so can't do much about it!

NEXT

Agents have their place... and its dealing with estate.

Football would be in a lot better place if it wasn't for the extra payments involved in nearly every deal. But guess that's just the way it is.

Perth ICT--your comment could also be applied to Real Estate Agents in Canada whose commissions  start at $15,000.

One agent who once sold a home for me told me recently that he made $175,000 last year but has decided to retire due to illness. That's about 90,000 pounds at todays exchange rate. He's really professional though .

Perth ICT--your comment could also be applied to Real Estate Agents in Canada whose commissions start at $15,000.

One agent who once sold a home for me told me recently that he made $175,000 last year but has decided to retire due to illness. That's about 90,000 pounds at todays exchange rate. He's really professional though .

And I thought we were robbed when we moved house last year!!! Lol

He said that he 'would love to stay' but leaving the decision in the hands of your agent is never a good idea IMO.

Would be really disappointed if he leaves.

I would love Ofere to stay but his "would love to stay" comment was surely a media-savy front so he can stay on the right side with the fans and not appear as a money-grabber while contract renewal talks are ongoing. He has been around the block and knows how these things work. The Herald headline may be more gamesmanship in a final attempt to bid up the board. If it is his last game then I wish him well and hope he signs off with a goal or two in the final. I'm sure if it comes to it, we'll find an able replacement just as we did in finding Ofere after Mckay left.

As for O'Fere I think  he may stay but for how long into the future?   2-3 years or he does well and likes the town. and stays on for a longer time. Just have to wait and see.

My wife went for a coffee and a doughnut at Starbucks in London and it cost her $10Can. equivalent,. Here? About half that.

She says that travel is expensive over your way--a double decker bus ride to the suburbs of London especially. Gasoline was double the cost in Scotland in 2006. Today she is off to the shops to compare prices and goods. I must admit I found Canadian prices to be less than those in Blighty back in 2006 when I was last over. Maybe gas prices have evened out recently though with the drop in the value of oil. Currently we are on $1.31 Can per liter ($6 per gallon)in Western Canada or equivalent to 3.18 pounds per gallon-- rough calculations.

In Real Estate transactions here we seem to get hosed by often incompetent Realtors who put an advertisement online and just wait for calls.  I tried selling my house myself but the Realtors drove their clients round the block so that they avoided seeing my sign and by and large they boycotted the sale. The buyer retains the bizarre idea that a "For sale by Owner " means  a lack of professionalism because they, the buyers,  don't know very much about the process themselves and so opt for the safety of selling with what  they think is a professional Realtor. Then they have to keep phoning their Realtor for updates on the sale and to prod them into activity. Realtors are primarily after listings because the more homes they have listed the better chance THEY have for  a sale. It's a rough business!! It's all about sales commissions and money, not the client. After any sale a client is easily forgotten.

Ched Evans got a team yet?

After all the effort made recently to encourage decent local families to support the team, do you seriously suggest we consider recruiting a convicted rapist who remains, for very sound reasons, on the Sex Offenders Register ?......

Apparently we're after a South American guy.  Don't have his full name, but it's an S. Vesta.  Unfortunately my knowledge of football beyond Scotland is pretty non-existent, so haven't a clue who he is or who he plays/played for.

Apparently we're after a South American guy.  Don't have his full name, but it's an S. Vesta.  Unfortunately my knowledge of football beyond Scotland is pretty non-existent, so haven't a clue who he is or who he plays/played for.

Do you mean someone from the team S.V. Vesta? A few South Americans there. I couldn't find any players with that surname.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S.V._Vesta

Do you mean someone from the team S.V. Vesta? A few South Americans there. I couldn't find any players with that surname.

Pretty sure it was the name of the striker....first name was a bird or birdlike word, Sparrow or Starling or something like that.

• Agree 1

Pretty sure it was the name of the striker....first name was a bird or birdlike word, Sparrow or Starling or something like that.

A matchwinning striker indeed. Looks a bit too lightweight for Scottish football though.

51dVVMWCpoL._SX300_.jpg

Edited by Guest