Replacement Striker?

us2

Those loose translations can be amusing!
"...Tade's my fault, I brought it...!"  :lol:

But, in all seriousness, Gregory Tade's probably regretting his move to Steaua Bucharest, where the expectations are much greater. He was doing a terrific job at Cluj, and as mentioned above, ended as the top scorer in Romania last season.
Talking of Romania, I see Astra lead the league there currently, and they had a 3-2 home win against AZ Alkmaar (from The Netherlands) last night in their play-off 1st-leg.

• Agree 1

Only a matter of time before Rory McAlister plays at a higher level. He's been knocking on the door for a while. Last nights display will be attracting a lot of attention. Falkirk are no mugs. We could have used him in the Scottish Cup Final!

Would be great to have him back at Inverness.

He's clearly not interested in full time football, especially after he turned it down in order to go down a league after leaving Brechin. He's quite happy working as a plumber and getting his additional £650 a week to not have to try too hard.

Sounds fine to me - 10 goals in 6 starts sounds like a very worthwhile £650 a week and I'd chuck in a few metres of quality lagging it helps tempt him back... 

Those loose translations can be amusing!
"...Tade's my fault, I brought it...!"  :lol:

But, in all seriousness, Gregory Tade's probably regretting his move to Steaua Bucharest, where the expectations are much greater. He was doing a terrific job at Cluj, and as mentioned above, ended as the top scorer in Romania last season.
Talking of Romania, I see Astra lead the league there currently, and they had a 3-2 home win against AZ Alkmaar (from The Netherlands) last night in their play-off 1st-leg.

Ah, what might have been if only we had a scorer.....

• Agree 1

I know this thread is about potential strikers however I see Darren McGregor has left Rangers by mutual consent. I know that it may seem unappealing but he seemed to be a stand out for Stuart McCall. It might be worth a shot to allow Ross Draper back in midfield.

• Agree 1

I know this thread is about potential strikers however I see Darren McGregor has left Rangers by mutual consent. I know that it may seem unappealing but he seemed to be a stand out for Stuart McCall. It might be worth a shot to allow Ross Draper back in midfield.

No.

Just No.

• Agree 2

Nicky Clark, seems to be out of the picture at Ibrox, the loaf is bringing in all his own guys and doesnt seem keen on those still there. If Clark isnt interested then what about Dene Sheilds - not my first choice but scores goals and proven at SPL level.

Dean Shields was on our wanted list a few seasons back but went elsewhere for more cash.

No reason to rule him out now if he's willing to come within budget. Would far rather have him as a player than his old man as a manager.

Too injury prone last couple of seasons methinks.

Jon Daly is at Raith?!?!  WTF?!

He would have been ideal.  Even on a 6 month deal.
Very surprised at this signing.

Think maybe his friendship with Ray McKinnon and possibility of expanding to coaching role may have helped his decision to sign for Raith.

Faissal El-Bakhtaoui just scored a double against Dundee in the league cup - 11 goals in 7 games.

I can see a few clubs making an offer for him over the next few days - before the transfer window shuts.
On a side note, it's massively disappointing that Celtic have missed out on the Champions League - we could have done with that 6-figure windfall!

No.

Just No.

Already joined hibs. So thats irrelevant. 

As for Daly, Hibs offered him a deal also apparently but he had already said that he'd sign for Raith and wanted to stick to his word. Fair enough. 

El-Bakhtaoui looks (sounds being more accurate having never seen him play) a prospect but it would still be debatable as to whether he'd be able to go straight in scoring goals. Which is what we need. Someone that's going to provide goals from the off, directly or otherwise. And that seems to be what Yogi is struggling to identify. 

Faissal El-Bakhtaoui just scored a double against Dundee in the league cup - 11 goals in 7 games.

Looks like he can do it against Prem teams too. A very good call ages ago, ICTRoughi, but I just can't see that we'd attract him here.

Looks like he can do it against Prem teams too. A very good call ages ago, ICTRoughi, but I just can't see that we'd attract him here.

Not now considering we don't have the funds to give cash at hand but if we cashed in on Ryan Christie and put in a bid for him then we would stand a chance. I think he will have put himself on the map and probably will sign for a premiership team or Hibs. 

I see (3rd hand via Scotsman) that Dundee United have put in a 3rd bid for Billy Mckay..

Reported to be a six figure sum, which we couldn't compete with, and which would allow Wigan to pretty much recoup their outlay. Hope it doesn't happen.  :sad:

Edited by Yngwie
  • Agree 3

As for Daly, Hibs offered him a deal also apparently but he had already said that he'd sign for Raith and wanted to stick to his word. Fair enough.  

Desperate stuff from Hibs. Sounds like Stubbs is in full panic mode already. To be fair, so are we, but at least we're not trying to sign John Daly.