Replacement Striker?

us2

But can we not pull in a loan at any time ?

Not of a player contracted to a club. After today all we can sign are players without a club. I remain convinced that we will see at least one new face. It would be folly not to.

Time running out fast though which is why I am doubtful but its possible I suppose.

Also, isn't Shiels a midfielder.

Oh, and on STV.Sport transfer talk it saying that Accies have had 2 bids turned down by Falkirk for Rory Loy.

Apparently us and Ross County are hoping to complete loan deals before midnight.

I hope they know the cut off is before 12am

12am is Midnight.

That's a matter for debate, Twelve noon is Meridiem.. Could be argued that twelve midnight is neither post or ante Meridiem but merely twelve midnight. That's the way I always did it in my maths classes, 12 noon and 12 midnight. Mind you I just made it up myself, nobody taught me :-)

Right if we don't sign a striker in my opinion it's evidence of a lack of ambition by the club, effectively says 5th/6th spot is our target. If we don't sign one Yogi will spout some guff about how 4-6-0 is the way football should be played and that will be that. More worryingly to my mind is that both David Raven and Josh Meekings have both asked for new deals and nothing seems to have happened there, resigned to losing Watkins and would hate to lose those two as well.

Have faith. Remember the Chairman's comment that we had a contingency plan in faith. I am sure he wasn't referring to muddling along with what we have.

Your blind faith is commendable but whilst everyone around us is signing players the silence from tcs is deafining while at the same time a bit scary,

Unless of course your 'in the know' in which case spill

I would imagine if we're signing anyone unless they're from county will be in the stadium now. McKay left Thursday last week, I'd imagine the contingency plan would have been implemented more than 3 hours before the deadline. I still think someone may sign but it's going to be a panic signing at best

Apparently a few SPFL clubs are looking at possibility of Dean Shiels on loan but none of them close to matching 50% wage demand.

Hamilton very keen apparently.  STV reporting that they've just sold Andreu for £1m+ to Norwich. WTF!  What is it about Hamilton that is making teams pay 10 times what the player is actually worth?

Have faith. Remember the Chairman's comment that we had a contingency plan in faith. I am sure he wasn't referring to muddling along with what we have.

Your blind faith is commendable but whilst everyone around us is signing players the silence from tcs is deafining while at the same time a bit scary,

Unless of course your 'in the know' in which case spill

My faith is not blind and I am not ' in the know'. My conviction is based on the common sense that we can't complete the season and remain competitive without a striker combined with the Chairman's earlier assurance.

If we don't sign a striker attendances will be even lower than usual for the rest of the season. We can't throw away the chance of Europe by doing nothing.

I was told that Yogi was trying to get one of 3 or 4 to sign for us, that was late Friday afternoon. 

They will be trying, but players want to take the chance they are offered. 

Regards Cammy Keith at Pele's Formartine, is Steven MacKay at Brora not scored barrowloads more than anyone else in the Highland League this season and last

Don't see the need for panic signings. At the end of the day you can only put 11 players on the park, and we already have quality attacking players on the bench chomping at the bit for action. I'd rather give them a chance than get carried away with the transfer deadline hype and bring in some mercenary for the sake of it.

• Agree 1

3 hours to go.

Are we going to get increasingly desperate and sign whatever is left on the shelf after 11pm?  Or after a long weekend of failed attempts are the club currently drafting an announcement that Hughes will only bring players in if he thinks they are better than what we already have, and he has complete faith in the players already at the club and believes that the striker vacancy can be filled from within the current squad?

I'm still hopeful, but getting increasingly nervous.