Replacement Striker?

us2

Could we not just get Sebastian Giovinco instead?

You know what, I would love to see him in an ICT shirt but at $7m per year he may be a little beyond us .... he is an excellent player who is lighting up MLS this season. Lampard, Gerrard, Kaka, Drogba, Villa, etc and even TFCs other two DPs Michael Bradley and Jozy Altidore may have the name value, but Seba is electrifying to watch and still in his prime. On track for 20+ goals and 20+ assists (and would be the first player to do so). Works really really hard too as is shown by him also leading the league in shots taken (115) and shots on target too (47)! the complete package. He is the player TFC should have had last year instead of Defoe ! Heading down to the stadium to watch him face off against Orlando FC and Kaka tonight ....

Meaning no disrespect to the MLS but having seen him in Italian football he's a cut above the MLS and has plenty years left on the clock. Toronto have pulled off a major coup in getting him. Of course I was speaking in jest. I don't think he could cope with the physical nature of the game in Scotland...:wink:

OvertheBridge saying one striker on trial released, another arrived and it seems a further two goal scoring trialists visiting Dingwall next week!

Just shows there are plenty strikers about who are willing to play for the club that pays the lowest wages in the SPL!

Frankly I don't care who, or how many, County give trials to, or how much they pay them if they sign.

I'm only concerned with Yogi doing the best thing for our club.  I think in the 18 months or so that he's been here he has done enough for us to trust that he will get it right. I know we all think we could do better, but that is probably why we are just posters on the ICT site, and not actually in the hot seat.

Come on chaps, Believe!

Meaning no disrespect to the MLS but having seen him in Italian football he's a cut above the MLS and has plenty years left on the clock. Toronto have pulled off a major coup in getting him. Of course I was speaking in jest. I don't think he could cope with the physical nature of the game in Scotland...:wink:

No Kaka last night (injured apparently) but it wouldn't have mattered. A(nother) hat-trick from Seba in a 4-1 win that takes his tally up to 16 goals for the season. MLS is better than most people watching from the outside think ... but yes, he is definitely a cut above.

Just shows there are plenty strikers about who are willing to play for the club that pays the lowest wages in the SPL!

Lowest wages in the SPL? County? You must be joking. 

I'd guess that Hamilton have probably got the lowest wage bill. I say 'guess' and 'probably' as I've nothing to back it up!

I'd guess that Hamilton have probably got the lowest wage bill. I say 'guess' and 'probably' as I've nothing to back it up!

You could be right with that one but I would imagine we are close to the bottom. Not a chance County are the lowest in the league when it was said Filip Kiss was getting £6K p/w

Must be....  Graham is on £2.5k a week!!!

Average weekly pay for them is about £700? I'm sorry but I don't buy that. The figures are also from season 13/14. 

I'd imagine that's pretty accurate to be honest. The higher earners will be on 2-3k at a push and the youths etc. will bring the average down. There's no chance that Kiss was on 6k a week unless Cardiff were paying the bulk of that. Having said that, County probably have a higher wage bill than at least a couple of other team in the league at present,

Edited by Guest

Average weekly pay for them is about £700? I'm sorry but I don't buy that. The figures are also from season 13/14. 

I'd imagine that's pretty accurate to be honest. The higher earners will be on 2-3k at a push and the youths etc. will bring the average down. There's no chance that Kiss was on 6k a week unless Cardiff were paying the bulk of that. Having said that, County probably have a higher wage bill than at least a couple of other team in the league at present,

As I say the figures are from a few seasons back but I just cannot envision guys like Rickie Foster, Jackson Irvine, Andrew Davies, Brian Graham and Scott Fox etc on around £700 p/w. Using the table as from the previous link, my estimation for County's average weekly pay would be around £1.5K p/w

My understanding of County was that Kiss was on £8,000 p/w while on loan with County paying a percentage on it and I'm not talking about 10%, more like 70%.  I heard that Songo'o was on £4,000 p/w as well.

• Agree 2

Just read on Pie and Bovril there that apparently Iain Vigurs has been training with us and Yogi is waiting for the funds from Kenny Cameron. 

IIRC Didn't Renegade say last month that Vigurs was offered a contract? 

Edited by ICTRoughi
  • Agree 1

I've always liked the player Vigurs and was disappointed when Butcher released him but if it is indeed true that we're looking at him, Erm another midfielder? 

My only thought process is either Williams going to left back or us going with Mutumbo and Lopez as our out and out strikers with Christie in-between.  

I suppose the article only talks about 'average' wage too and not the size of the squad, so it's a bit misleading.

• Agree 1

Just read on Pie and Bovril there that apparently Iain Vigurs has been training with us and Yogi is waiting for the funds from Kenny Cameron. 

IIRC Didn't Renegade say last month that Vigurs was offered a contract? 

I did.  There was talk he'd be offered a deal earlier in the year.  It was also mentioned on Over The Bridge recently, where someone claimed that Vigurs had told them in person that ICT had offered him a contract but he wasn't keen on a return. 

I, like a lot of other people, was disappointed when Vigurs was released, but Butcher never seemed to take to him and there was talk of a fairly cold relationship between the two.  What I would find strange would be us bringing in another central midfielder when we've got more than enough of them already really and even more so when you consider that we've also got people like Danny Williams, Richie Foran and Danny Devine who can all fill in there as well.

On Vigurs himself, yes he's a bit of ned but I've always thought he was a decent player and would certainly suit the style of play Yogi wants to implement.  With his type of character, he needs a manager who's on his side in a sense.  Yogi could be the type who'd get the best out of him.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 2

Renegade--that's a telling post. In more ways than one.

You are telling us that John could handle him and I think you are right.

In that case you must also be telling us that his footie skills, which are undoubted, will be the prime focus of John Hughes" attention and Vigurs could turn out to be a very valuable player for us. I agree with that as well.

But for him to really fit into the Caley Thistle teamn and work to win and not to brawl he will have to be  taught and understand the advantages of self-discipline. Interesting news though.

What I would find strange would be us bringing in another central midfielder when we've got more than enough of them already really and even more so when you consider that we've also got people like Danny Williams, Richie Foran and Danny Devine who can all fill in there as well.

I was thinking the same actually, however being left footed I was wondering whether Yogi sees him as a potential back-up to Tremarco also?

BY all accounts Vigurs was released because he didn't work hard enough in training. Whilst he shone at County he wasn't exactly a hard worker there either and indeed that's (one of the reasons) why he was let go at Motherwell. He's got a lot of talent but he doesn't seem prepared to really put the effort in at times which isn't good enough for a lot of managers. Will be interesting to see what happens if he is indeed on trial.

To be honest, I'd take him on a six month deal just for his free kicks and corners alone.

• Agree 1