Replacement Striker?

us2

What I would find strange would be us bringing in another central midfielder when we've got more than enough of them already really and even more so when you consider that we've also got people like Danny Williams, Richie Foran and Danny Devine who can all fill in there as well.

I was thinking the same actually, however being left footed I was wondering whether Yogi sees him as a potential back-up to Tremarco also?

In my opinion he would be so wasted at left back, I tend to think that about Danny Williams. I think that Vigurs could add a bit of a creative spark in the final third that has been missing and like RiG says free kicks and corners would improve if he does come back to the club. 

On the Vigurs issue, I have mixed emotions. On one level, I think he's a good footballer, with a free kick on him too - I always thought he loooked dangerous around the box when we played against him. However, he does have self-discipline issues and right now he's not what we need. We've got midfielders galore and are problems are all in attack and defence....

What I would find strange would be us bringing in another central midfielder when we've got more than enough of them already really and even more so when you consider that we've also got people like Danny Williams, Richie Foran and Danny Devine who can all fill in there as well.

I was thinking the same actually, however being left footed I was wondering whether Yogi sees him as a potential back-up to Tremarco also?

I might be wrong here, but I'm sure prior to Vigurs breaking into our first team, he fairly regularly played at left-back in the reserves.  There certainly would be a case for playing a technically gifted player in that position with our type of football.

• Agree 2

I might be wrong here, but I'm sure prior to Vigurs breaking into our first team, he fairly regularly played at left-back in the reserves.  There certainly would be a case for playing a technically gifted player in that position with our type of football.

He played as a left back in the Third Division for Elgin when he was aged just 15 prior to signing for us so he can certainly play there. Might be the closest thing to a Shinnie replacement we could get.

Riordan?!! You've got to be kidding? JH is always on about togetherness and the spirit amongst the guys - why stick a bad apple in there? No question he's talented, but football is so much more than that.

Not a wind up.told he's willing to play for free.

I read an article featuring him last month and he was pretty much begging for a club to take a chance on him, so it wouldn't surprise if he is willing to play for free with us. 

Haha I posted either on this thread I think about 2 weeks ago for a joke after reading it...now it appears he is training with us! 

Does it really surprise anyone though? We're desperate for a striker, he's begging for a club and there a huge link there already between manager and player! Doesn't surprise me at all

Well, JH must know him very well from the past. But playing a man without paying him will never happen at a professional club like ICT.

Either that or he has looked him square in the eye and intoned--"Do as I say, keep yer nose clean, your eye on the ball and say nuffink until I tell ye --- or  I'll MELT YESE!

:ohmy:

Don't be too hard on the FIfers, Row S. They were  once the very best team that Scotland had to offer. In fact, so good that they could not keep up with English requests  for exhibition games and, as a result, wore themselves out. Which , in turn, started the downward decline of this once great club. Salad days then obscurity.

Mind you, playing at Bayview Park in coal country, was probably never going to lead to great glory as time went along but,  to be truthful, I watched some darn good games there for a year or so ---  a  l-o-o-ong time ago. Sigh.:cheer01:

Riordan could hardly get a game for East Fife last season.

That's not true. Riordan was a trialist for them in Feburary last season and scored a couple goals in that time. He was officially signed in March and then went on to start all but two games until the end of the season. So to sum up he played 13 games and scored 4 goals for East Fife. 

I see Paul Heffernan is being linked with QOTS.  Could be a the type of player who could do well with us?  I always thought he looked a decent player at Killie.

That was three seasons ago. Crossed my mind as well but from what I have heard from other fans is that he is not good enough anymore for the Premiership.

He struggled to break into the Dundee team in the second half of last season after being released by Hibs in January, didn't exactly set the lucky white heather on fire at Easter Road either after two seasons there.