Scotty

We need to get an out and out striker in. Watkins up there on his own is not a long term solution yet as he has a bit to learn with regard to his movement and holding up the ball. Perhaps more importantly we lose his ability to run from deeper & wide.

And yes, I'm aware he scored today but I'm thinking about the bigger picture.

Edited by Hiro

Wow 4 points lost against the leagues worst team at our stadium. County are terrible but we weren't our usual standards. Sorry but we need a forward in before Monday or that will be it for Europe crucial that we won today but lost chance. What the hell was Watkins doing going down instead of staying on his feet cost us the three points.

Disappointed with shape we went with today. Moving Greg tansey out of central role. Own goal was a bit of a farce. Marley goal class. Marley dive when he should've got the ball to tap into open goal -oh dear. Danny Williams not up to physical challenge today.But on a really grotty day we're are unbeaten and have collected another point.

Edited by rebelwithoutaclue

Why all this negativity?

I am happy with a point, probably suits us more than County anyway. Remember, we had a makeshift Striker plus our sub goalie on in place of Dean Brill.

We are still keeping in touch with both Aberdeen and Celtic.

Yes, we dropped points at home to County TWICE but in 1st game, Brown played a blinder and today, pitch wasn't great.

Bring on Thistle next week :ictscarf: :ictscarf:.

I do agree 100% that a Striker or 2 is a must before Monday nights deadline.

Listening on MFR it seems like we had the chances to put the game to bed but Clownty got a lift from the goal and went for it last 15. Shame I couldn't come up for the last ever top flight Derby but I'll have to be up at 5 tomorrow.

Never seen Marley as an 18 yard box player, more of a winger and certainly not the finished article. The dive sounds like real howler.

The other concern here Mantis is that Marley gets frustrated and cheesed off playing in a position that he does not favour and is more likely to look elsewhere where his skills and talent are utilised properly. Lets all pray that we get a break with a centre forward. Just when you think that we are heading in the right direction a feckin potentially long term set of road works pops up.

We do seem to struggle against teams that shut us down quickly , County, Partick, Aberdeen and first half last week against Accies. Have to agree the pitch and wind suited the hit and hope of County but we did not get anyone close enough to Marley and then seemed to drop back and invite them onto us. It's early days without Billy but if we are going to play Marley up front we need an other out ball that he provided when playing wide. They certainly did their homework on our fullbacks as they hardly got in behind. Any way January undefeated and a cup game to look forward to.

That was poor fare today. Pitch was shocking, shape didn't really work - get Shinnie back to full back and Tansey in the heart of midfield. Esson looked nervy and his kicking was erratic. Brill's absence was probably the biggest impact: No playing it out through the full-backs.Marley did quite well, but it's not his best position. Tremarco (I think) made a poor decision, dived in and allowed their winger to whip in a good ball for their goal. Not sure Warren could do much about it. Way off the standard of our play over the past few weeks, but maybe the pitch dictated that kind of football. County were poor going forward and are in trouble. Points dropped.

• Agree 1

Disappointed to leave the game today with only a point. Felt after scoring the first goal (fantastic goal too) we sat back and tried to protect the one nill advantage.

I thought Marley Watkins had a reasonable shift up front but I do have to question where he was positioned because sometimes I felt he was sitting too deep and then he was out on the wings. I do share the feelings of other posters where we need a striker as at times I did felt we lacked a bit of bite up front.

I was actually quite surprised by Ross County today, I felt they had a lot of the ball and defensively they were pretty tight today - fair play to them.

Got to win next weekend at Partick.

• Agree 1

I think John will be desparately looking for a Striker before end of transfer window despite Marley getting a goal.

Surely he knows that if we are to be successful, a Striker is needed.

Still surprised Loy/Reilly haven't been contacted about pre contracts.

Anyway, as always, in Mr Hughes I trust :ictscarf:.

Our usual slick passing game spoiled by our own pitch today. Roll on the new 4G surface.

I thought Marley did well for first 60 mins but we dropped back so far after that point that Ross and Williams offered little support. County's misfits/loanees somehow managed to get it together and grab a point. Motm Tremarco's mis-tackle on half way led to their goal. We weren't helped be another inept performance from ref Beaton either.

Edited by Row S
  • Agree 1

Anyway, as always, in Mr Hughes I trust :ictscarf:.

How times have changed.  This time last season you'd have gone into meltdown for not winning and be calling for Hughes to be sacked!

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 3