Partick Th -V- Inverness CT

Scotty

I wasn't at the game so can't comment, but the BBC report has Inverness as having no bookings yesterday. Collum seems to have improved!

collum has improved- well for that match at least

However warren was booked for sure but it appeared to be for dissent

It's strange - but none of the 'usual' football reporting outlets have noted a booking for Warren. BBC, SKY, Soccerway, SoccerBase etc.

But these 'sources' often get their stats from the same agency, so if one's wrong, they'll all be wrong!

It could be important later on, when a player can miss a big game due to earlier bookings.

Was defo booked unfortunately.

• Agree 1

And if it was Meekings why did Gary get so involved with Collum ?

He got booked for having a right go at the assistant (who was pretty poor all day, where do they find them?) From the highlights it looked a pretty clear barge by Taylor, just shoved (literally) Meekings out of the way.

Same sentiment as everyone else about the game. Great first half helped by a very disjointed Partick defence where we should have been out of site and Marley could have grabbed a load of headlines with a great hat trick. He was brilliant running the defence ragged but he isn't a natural scorer and that was shown in his first chance that he hit straight at the keeper. If we are to continue with him front we have to give a couple of the young lads a chance or bring in one or two because he will run himself into the ground he had to come off 10 mins before the end. I don't think the second half was as bad as people make out as I think we could have scored more but we lacked a final ball. We did become hemmed after a dodgy goal by Taylor that looked a foul we were hanging on. With Watkins running out of steam we lacked an out ball but we got through and deservedly so. The away support was great and fingers crossed we get a decent draw we could get at least one trip to Hampden hopefully two.   

I was also at that home game v Berwick (in dark glasses a hat and trench coat) and was also at the Inverness Thistle v Spartans game - round about the same 'time' (both 1-1) IIRC. So we can include Spartans as well! (or 'old' Thistle) Two can play that game!

Rival, if Celtic win the league and Scottish Cup, the runners-up in the cup get the Euro spot. However, if the runner-up (which could only be ICT or DDUtd) has already qualified through their league placing, then 4th place will get it!

With so many lower league teams remaining, if they keep getting drawn together, one of them might sneak the Euro spot!

Caley beat Spartans 5-0 round about 86-7.

Billy has missed a shed load of similar chances to Marley. Billy was not good one on one. Marley worked massively hard against Partick. Billy was latterly a very hard worker. Marley's pace caused Partick hell. Billy was no where near as fast. Marley won a lot of headers. Billy is shorter than him and won less headers. Marley demonstrated some amazing close control against Partick. Like Billy he ran himself into the ground but I suspect he covered a lot more ground than Billy did in his second year with the club. Expect Marley to get a Wales call up if he keeps scoring. Yogi would have been delighted with Marley's performance and in the weeks ahead will work with him to improve his goal return.

I suspect Danny Devine has been winding Gary up to get booked more often!! His 6 minutes or so substitute appearance probably did his confidence a lot of good after months of patience on the bench. 

Out of interest, who was the second 'lunatic' doing cartwheels with Gary behind Greg for the post match video!! Yogi has clearly drummed it into the players 'do as I say, not as I did!!!'

• Agree 2

Billy McK missed a couple even against Accies that were exactly like Marley's missed pair in the first half, so credit for actually bagging one. I agree with the summaries of the game above but I also felt there was a bit of pressure put on the team in the second half with lots of lumped-up headers and clearances when there was time and space to distribute the ball, but possession went straight back to the opposition.

On the whole, though, lots of horrible cup memories of being at Firhill so no complaints this time.

I don't get to many games now-a-days with staying in Glasgow and playing Saturday morning footie as well as the 101 other things going on at the minute but managed to make Hamilton and last Saturday's game so delighted to see 2 important wins back to back. 

I thought we were superb the first half ... mainly due to the running with and without the ball by Watkins.  At the end of the game one of the boys I was with said he reminded him of when we had Rooney and I can definitely see where he was coming from.  He stood up to everything from 2 physical centre halves and won the ball in the air on more than one occasion .. when the ball went long he outpaced both defenders when running the channels.  He might not ever be as good a finisher as McKay is and it will take a while for him to learn when to hold on to the ball and give the team a breather, but he is definitely a threat and I can't see any defenders enjoying having to mark him. 

As IHE said, Draper was superb throughout and bossed the midfield.  Ross is pure class and I'd love to see how he'd do with those Sky statistic things for his pass completion because he must be up there with the best of them, always wants the ball no matter how tight he is marked and hardly ever gives it away.  

I don't think replays give Tansey's goal the justice it deserves, especially the shitey Sportscene coverage. What a goal! Good enough to win any match .. 

Considering that was Esson's first game in sticks for feck knows how long he didn't put a foot/glove wrong and would edge my MOTM just because he couldn't have done any better than what he did - perfect performance. 

I don't think it was a foul for their goal.. Meekings just misjudged the flight of the ball and should have been stronger but apart from that a very professional performance in a game I had absolutely no confidence we would win beforehand. 

Only moan... fans chanting "we want Fergie on!" or "we want Christie on!" .. just let Yogi do his job, he's done not bad so far, and if Ferguson's as good as everyone seems to think he is then he'll get his chance but he has done absolutely hee haw to merit the hype he is getting... it's just going to add unnecessary pressure for him when he does get a game. 

• Agree 2