BBC TV coverage

Oldken27

There's over 5mins of coverage on the BBC Website

I counted it at 1:45 out of 5:25 in the, "by the way, these teams were also playing today.", round up video.

Still it is more than we got in the last round, and who knows, if we make the final they may even show that live  :tongueincheek:

• Agree 2

Hopefully the BBC will have no choice but to give us coverage and acknowledge us when we get a full 90mins of live coverage in the Cup Final.......just like they had to last year in the League cup. Only problem is we're usually crap when its on the tele lol.

To quote "Narey's toepoker" on twitter, ICTFC have played three games in this years scottish cup. The sum total for all the highlights put together? 5 minutes 10 seconds. Typical BBC Glasgow.

Edited by davie
  • Agree 2

It's an absolute disgrace that, at a time when Scottish football is actually quite interesting with the resurgance of Aberdeen, Hamilton and ICT punching well above their weights in the league, a three way battle for relegation etc. (and that's just in the Premiership), the BBC default to Rangers and Celtic. I know that there is a lot going on at Ibrox that warrants coverage but the apparent indifference shown to other teams in the league by the BBC is staggering. I've said before that Scottish football is quite easy to be negative about but organisations like the BBC have ample opportunity to talk up our game and the great jobs that clubs like Aberdeen and ICT are doing right now. Instead, it's wall to wall coverage of the Old Firm and journalists who can't even distinguish the difference between Saint Johnstone and ICT fans at games. Absolutely pathetic.

• Agree 8

I did notice on the Sportscene sunday night programme they showed highlights of Saturdays game and then proceeded to talk about what a difference Lyle Taylor will make to Partick Thistle. Because as Saturday shows Partick are frustratingly inconsistent.

I'm not saying they should go overboard about us, but to be fair we are only 3 points behind Aberdeen and level with Dundee United who are both regarded as having amazing seasons playing great football. Just being acknowledged that we've been as good as both those sides this season would be nice. Its not like its just been a phase, theres only 3 months to go.

Edited by Sir C the 3rd
  • Agree 2