Inverness - the City of today

Looking down the river at the concrete ?

image.jpg

Is that by any fortunate chance a photo from the nose camera of a cruise missile heading down the river towards the architectural eyesore in the middle of the shot?

Ahh more memories.........Standing on the Spire side in the early hours of the morning..................Throwing out bubble float and cast of three Blue Zulu doubles to the opposite bank and winding in slowly as the tide came up, Guaranteed a sea trout or two. Stick a couple in my bag and cycle home, Have one for breakfast then off to work.

:twothumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Not me IHE ...my pitch was nearer the Infirmary bridge on the opposite bank to that salmon fisher ( great photo though ).

I couldnae afford waders like that nor a salmon rod, bet I caught  just as many fish as him........... just not salmon though......:laugh:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1950's again I think, as I remember walking up Bruce Gardens in some right peasoupers.

It's a modern photo as it has the current Christmas lights on the pillars. 

My eyes are dim I cannot see 

I have not brought my specs with me !!!!!!!!!

Well spotted weeman 

• 2 weeks later...

And in the dead centre of town

image.jpg

Them trees, up craig dunian, and heading out toword Loch Ness is one of my all time fave views. On a sunny day, seeing that wooded hillside just makes me so so happy. Its also rather beautiful, on a sunny day, heading down from asda, towards the roundabout on Dores Road. It looks amazing from any angle. Its just one of the little things in life that makes me happy :)

Actually...thinking about it....it also looks beautiful after a heavy snowstrom, when the trees are covered in snow. Dont seem to happen so much these days, compared to when i was wee

Edited by SMEE
  • Agree 1