IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

Inverness - the City of today

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Charles Bannerman said:

You can't disguise sh*te by coating it in sugar.

Half a million pounds of sugar :ohmy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎15‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 6:59 PM, Charles Bannerman said:

That alleyway stinks of p!ss these days. Never mind - at least that's not as bad as the dreadful pong from Lush that pollutes much of the High Street.

No en-suite rooms there then :lol:

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On January 15, 2016 at 5:08 AM, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Boleskine no more - but here is some salubrious alternative accommodation

Sneck Hostel.jpg

What was that place that used to be upstairs, the Highland Club or something, is it still there?? Seemed to be some kind of toff club.

Thinking of joining like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes it was the Highland Club which was a private club frequented by the well to do in Inverness, perhaps CB might know more about it :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, IBM said:

Yes it was the Highland Club which was a private club frequented by the well to do in Inverness, perhaps CB might know more about it :wink:

Not much more than what you and DD have said. It was largely an institution for the nobs - both senses of the word, local and not so local - and I believe that sundry Chinless Wonders used to hang about there to meet their posh chums or stay there whilst "in town". I was delighted to see this cease as an institution for the over-privileged and positively gloated over the irony that it then became a doss house.:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As very good friends of the current owners of Boleskine House which sadly burnt down I would like to ask the dickheads in the photo if we can come into their garden and get our picture taken outside their house if it burns down. Sad sad people!

Owners have been season ticket holders with us  for several seasons - not so convenient now - obviously !  

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2016 at 7:51 AM, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

And there is feckin more !!

Tilted pier.jpg

 

Wasn't this originally slated to go next to the Cathedral ? or is this a second one ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, alwaysblue said:

As very good friends of the current owners of Boleskine House which sadly burnt down I would like to ask the dickheads in the photo if we can come into their garden and get our picture taken outside their house if it burns down. Sad sad people!

Owners have been season ticket holders with us  for several seasons - not so convenient now - obviously !  

Who owns it now ab and what are their plans? Agreed on the ghouls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎29‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 2:06 PM, Scotty said:

 

Wasn't this originally slated to go next to the Cathedral ? or is this a second one ? 

Apparently it was shifted from the Cathedral after some kind of a fuss and I can just imagine all the jakeys diving off this in the middle of the night and having to be rescued by the Kessock Lifeboat. I really have to say a lot of this "town art" - both in substance and concept -  is complete rubbish. It started with these huge rusting biscuit tins that used to sit festering outside Eden Court and I think were claimed to be sculpture. Then there are these slopey paving stones with trees sticking out of them at the bottom of Church Street which you could hardly call oozing with imagination but which I believe are called The Three Virtues. The paintings of 40 Pockets outside the Eastgate Centre aren't too bad but I would very possibly change my mind on that if I knew what they cost. In any case they're already rubbing out and much of them can no longer be seen.

There are two issues with this Town Art nonsense - justifying the cost at a time of financial stringency and some of the pretentious rubbish that people call art and on which our money is wasted. Regrettably we live in an age when something any four year old could do with a large bit of paper, a few tubes of paint and a couple of brushes is defined as "art". That "diving board" proposed for outside the Black Bull plus other bits and pieces is going to use up £106,000 of Council funds and £240,000 of Common Good money. They are trying to justify it by claiming that this "investment" will "unlock" a wad of cash from Creative Scotland. There are two further issues here then. At a time when our schools, libraries, bins and public toilets are all under dire threat, there is no excuse whatsoever and under any circumstances for wasting this kind of Council  cash on a diving board for jakeys. And if Creative Scotland has got that kind of money to squander on nonsense like this, then they should be first in line to have their budgets slashed and the money diverted elsewhere where it will do far more good than simply providing the local p!ssheads with an opportunity for a bath.

Edited by Charles Bannerman
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Charles--er, what's a jakey?

And, secondly, would you call your sarcasm withering , salty or just dictatorially dynamic?

Either way, I must admit to it being trenchant, uncompromising, probably spot-on and.....it will have little or no effect  since Councils are Councils the world over.:crazy::lol::ictscarf:

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 6:34 AM, Scarlet Pimple said:

Charles--er, what's a jakey?

And, secondly, would you call your sarcasm withering , salty or just dictatorially dynamic?

Either way, I must admit to it being trenchant, uncompromising, probably spot-on and.....it will have little or no effect  since Councils are Councils the world over.:crazy::lol::ictscarf:

 

On ‎12‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 5:13 AM, Charles Bannerman said:

Apparently it was shifted from the Cathedral after some kind of a fuss and I can just imagine all the jakeys diving off this in the middle of the night and having to be rescued by the Kessock Lifeboat. I really have to say a lot of this "town art" - both in substance and concept -  is complete rubbish. It started with these huge rusting biscuit tins that used to sit festering outside Eden Court and I think were claimed to be sculpture. Then there are these slopey paving stones with trees sticking out of them at the bottom of Church Street which you could hardly call oozing with imagination but which I believe are called The Three Virtues. The paintings of 40 Pockets outside the Eastgate Centre aren't too bad but I would very possibly change my mind on that if I knew what they cost. In any case they're already rubbing out and much of them can no longer be seen.

There are two issues with this Town Art nonsense - justifying the cost at a time of financial stringency and some of the pretentious rubbish that people call art and on which our money is wasted. Regrettably we live in an age when something any four year old could do with a large bit of paper, a few tubes of paint and a couple of brushes is defined as "art". That "diving board" proposed for outside the Black Bull plus other bits and pieces is going to use up £106,000 of Council funds and £240,000 of Common Good money. They are trying to justify it by claiming that this "investment" will "unlock" a wad of cash from Creative Scotland. There are two further issues here then. At a time when our schools, libraries, bins and public toilets are all under dire threat, there is no excuse whatsoever and under any circumstances for wasting this kind of Council  cash on a diving board for jakeys. And if Creative Scotland has got that kind of money to squander on nonsense like this, then they should be first in line to have their budgets slashed and the money diverted elsewhere where it will do far more good than simply providing the local p!ssheads with an opportunity for a bath.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone post a picture of the paintings of 40 Pockets outside the Eastgate Centre, please?  I'd love to see them !

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • FB_caley_thisle_online_970x90.jpg

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.