Dundee Utd -V- Inverness CT

CaleyD

Just a heads up for anyone wanting to go by bus to this game. We must have bookings by 17th February so that we know if there is sufficient demand to run a bus.

As it costs just under £600 to hire the bus we need a good number to justify the cost.

The likely departure time would have to be 3.30 or 4 p.m. at the latest, and I wouldn't expect to be back in Inverness till around midnight.

So get booking now, and we will make a decision next week based on the response - you will not be able to leave it till the last minute to decide if you are going.

Edited by johnh
  • Agree 1

Win this and arithmetically we are guaranteed top 6. No bizarre combination of results can deny us.

I learned today that the SPFL has a seeding system where the top 6/bottom 6 are predicted at the start of the season. It's when a team ends up in the "wrong" half at the split that fixture anomalies occur, like playing the same team 3 times away. Wonder where we were seeded to be at the split?

If you assume the seeded top 6 were Celtic, Aberdeen, Motherwell, Dundee Utd, ICT and St Johnstone, and this was the actual top 6 at the split, then we would have had Celtic (A), Aberdeen (H), Motherwell (H), Dundee Utd (A) and St Johnstone (A) as our post-split fixtures. Motherwell and possibly St Johnstone have thrown a spanner in the works though so who knows?

Blue skies and sunshine here in Dundee at the moment, but there's a definite windchill.  :cold:

This is a massive game in our quest for 3rd place and without any hesitation I'd put it in the "take a draw" category. 

I've been at a few midweek games at Tannadice over the years and as far as I can recall we've lost every one of them.

Dundee United
  • 26 Szromnik  Sent Off
  • 16 McGowan
  • 05 Fojut
  • 02 Dillon
  • 03 Dixon
  • 06 Paton
  • 20 Butcher
  • 22 Connolly
  • 17 Erskine (Cierzniak - 7' )
  • 18 Dow
  • 07 Ciftci
  •  
  • Substitutes
  • 01 Cierzniak
  • 04 Souttar
  • 08 Rankin
  • 10 Muirhead
  • 21 Telfer
  • 24 Spittal
  • 30 Anier
Inverness Caledonian Thistle
  • 01 Esson
  • 02 Raven Booked
  • 05 Warren
  • 06 Meekings
  • 03 Shinnie
  • 11 Ross
  • 08 Draper
  • 16 Tansey
  • 19 Williams
  • 22 Christie
  • 15 Watkins
Substitutes
  • 17 Horner
  • 18 Tremarco
  • 20 Polworth
  • 31 Mackay
  • 37 Sutherland
  • 39 Ferguson
  • Goal! Dundee United 0, Inverness CT 1. Greg Tansey (Inverness CT) converts the penalty with a right footed shot to the bottom left corner.