Jim McIntyre Not Going, Not Going...........

CELTIC1CALEY3

Jimbo is on a bit of a shoogly peg at the moment. This week he is predicting 'Ross County are good enough to survive' and ' has admitted his team must start picking up points quickly'.

Ironically Jim and Diddy Doddsy joined the wee County  with 'The duo inheriting a County side who prop up the standings after losing their opening five matches. County’s next match is at home to third-bottom Motherwell on Saturday.' Since then they have gone round in a big circle and let other teams escape from them. Whilst we have to be really on our toes against St Mirren, County will be in quite serious trouble if they lose to Motherwell for the second time under Jimbo.  After their annual culling of and then recruitment of players even their chairman agrees that in future they will try and follow the example of their neighbours and seek stability.

That would suggest that Jimbo will be safe if as seems likely they get relegated. The problem for them next season is that they may have to recruit vitually a full squad. So the new dynamic duo might just start almost from scratch.

Before the Aberdeen game Jimbo ''...concedes that Ross County cannot afford to slip further behind in the race to avoid relegation.'' Requero messed up that message by gifting Rooney with a poke in.

In between Adams exit and McIntyre's appointment they lost 4-0 to Hamilton with the Daily Record saying 'County, a disparate, leaderless bunch of wandering soldiers, looking like they still needed name badges to find out who they were passing to.'

Out of sympathy, we gave them two precious points this season in an attempt to stabilise them but they seem incapable of repaying that gratitude and surviving.

Are there any ICT supporters who believe County are good enough to survive this season?

I really hope they can do it, and somehow stay up! Would miss the derby games. However, Heats coming up would ensure we don't lose too much money from County's demise.

But, if it came to a Sevco v County match for the Premiership, I'd be in Dingwall supporting the Staggies with everything I've got , such is my utter contempt for the Glasgow 'club'!

Would be gutted to think that any fellow Highlanders would hope that The Rangers and all that baggage, depressing, self-righteousness and sense of entitlement, 'we-arra-people' etc. that comes with them, would achieve their destiny - 'and we'll enjoy the journey!' at the expense of our neighbours.

Anybody who still wants County down and Rangers up need only have 5 minutes on 'Bears Den' Forum!

Be careful what you wish for!

• Agree 10

I think County will improve but I don't think it will be enough.  Partick are in 9th place, 13 points ahead of County and with a game in hand and I can't see any way County will catch them or anyone above them.  It is therefore between County, St Mirren and Motherwell.  It would not surprise me if Motherwell were bottom at the end of the season as they are just dire at the moment - before their draw with St Johnstone they lost 5 in a row all by more than a single goal, and they just don't score enough.  County got thumped by the Dons but most of their matches in the latter part of the season have been pretty close.  St Mirren are a bit up and down but I think have enough to keep then clear of the bottom 2.  If it came to a play off, I reckon both The Rangers and Hibs would have a bit too much quality for County over 2 legs.  I'd like them to stay up but I think they will narrowly fail.

• 4 weeks later...