Question..What is.....?

Scarlet Pimple

Sneckboy..NO,  it is not  to promote the book specifically but  maybe to promote this SITE .

But I will refrain from being sarcastic at your expense because I realize that you know very little about the publishing process to  have any relevant opinion on it. If I was to enlighten you, then you would be very shocked at how expensive, difficult and frustrating it all is. I also have favored your posts to date so why would I hurt you in return?

To be very frank I started this thread to try to liven up the site and encourage more members to start threads. Because, out of all the many fans who are members only a very few actually contribute anything at all.

So, if one can intrigue the interest of other members to participate and assist the promotion of this site to (selfishly) increase my interest in it,  whilst at the same time promoting  an excellent tale for all ages which we know is very well written , has a host of different characters, contains a massive 22 illustrations and has been adjudged as a 5 -star (the very top) product by the largest review site in North America,,,see under the heading Reviews...then is there something wrong with that? At least the old Pimple fella is trying to do something.....

IHE has got the message also I assess and is going gangbusters with all kinds of interesting  photos and images on the site. What a guy!

Fraz--wrong answer old chap.

Sex for pleasure is restricted to Dolphins? A very novel idea-- on Mars , maybe.

I think that sex is universal on this planet for physical pleasure to keep the males and females copulating so that their species keeps growing and to keep the males hanging around so that the female can spend a lot of her time nurturing the offspring. Very little in nature is senseless.....read Destinies in Motion for more. It's an attempt to attract greater insights into animals and their behavior since we treat them abominably and use them mercilessly to their great, defenceless, detriment.

Both males and females must also be reacting from intense emotional feelings and many pair bonds are established in the animal kingdom, some for life. But it's interesting that many species of birds also cheat on their wives but always come back to their nest to check on things at home because it's a comfortable EMOTIONAL place to be .

In the book, the hero, Tac (a cat), is terrified of the  female fox he meets after he is thrown out into the woods by his master for misbehavior in his human master's family  home .Yet she is very smart and ambitious and sees his  excellent character traits and offers him marriage which he accepts as a more pleasant and expedient alternative to being eaten...and then things start to happen aplenty and the real adventures begin.

I started the question also to see how many members would get the answer right because I was really surprised when I found out what it was. Which would also mean that the  member who got it right was worthy of receiving the novel free. It's also common sense that a book that is not read is a complete waste of many people's time so better to have it read than sitting mouldering in the boxes in the cupboard. Right?  :clapping:

C'mon guys . Keep trying. Who is the lucky member  to get this, the first prize, in the competition. I'll give you a clue -- the animal  likes cold water and has more than one appendage. :notworthy:

Whilst dolphins is the obvious answer, and the question itself is questionable because there are so many ways of defining or measuring intelligence, I will go for the octopus simply because :

- they are the only sea creature that can open jars

- they can successfully predict the outcome of football matches and world cups

• Agree 3

1. Fish :fishing:

2. Cause they are always in a school :getmecoat:

Have they abandoned the idea of going round in shoals then? :lol:

It's the Dolphins that swim in Schools, so regardless of whether or not Fraz is correct with the sex for pleasure bit, I think the answer has to be Dolphins.  Sex in schools!  Hmmm - may be even smarter and brighter than us.

1. Fish :fishing:

2. Cause they are always in a school :getmecoat:

Have they abandoned the idea of going round in shoals then? :lol:

It's the Dolphins that swim in Schools, so regardless of whether or not Fraz is correct with the sex for pleasure bit, I think the answer has to be Dolphins.  Sex in schools!  Hmmm - may be even smarter and brighter than us.

Pedantry alert: ........

"in biology, any group of fish that stay together for social reasons are shoaling, and if the group is swimming in the same direction in a coordinated manner, they are schooling. A group of dolphins is typically called a "pod" but can also be called a "school".

As for the answer, not sure. A google search seems to be pretty consistent all over in showing dolphins in the top two or 3 of smartest animals alongside Chimps & Elephants, and the only one to pass the "mirror test" (recognising themselves in a mirror) ... but what surprised me was how high the Octopus ranked (along with squid and cuttlefish which are from the same evolutionary family!). Also, the Crow seems to be the smartest bird. 

Cant help wondering if ole Scarlet has a tongue in cheek or humorous answer though .... his questions are never that straightforward :lol:

Also, the Crow seems to be the smartest bird. 

Was at a wildlife talk last night. It's generally accepted that birds can't count, so if two of you walk to a bird hide and one gets in and the other walks away, the birds can't tell the difference.

However the guy said crows could count up to about 19.......

Also, the Crow seems to be the smartest bird. 

Was at a wildlife talk last night. It's generally accepted that birds can't count, so if two of you walk to a bird hide and one gets in and the other walks away, the birds can't tell the difference.

However the guy said crows could count up to about 19.......

That's a lot more than many hoodies.

• Agree 1

Scotty has pride of place for getting most of the stuff correct. Yep, the crow is one smart cookie --and some. Documentaries indicate amazing intelligence but, unfortunately, they don't operate in the sea which was one of the criteria mentioned by me . 

Dolphins are cute but how they would rank as world beaters is open to question.

Guys,  YNGWIE  nailed it and all he has to do now is send me his address, or that of a friend whom he wants to receive it,  by PM to receive his free copy of  this FANTASTIC tale for all ages. from Amazon ....  www.destiniesinmotion.com

With over 8,000 posts I think it can be said that it could surely hardly happen to a better member ..eh?

However, Yngwie  this is NOT a tale for younger children so I would like you to read it first.

With your bright and breezy intelligence I think you will enjoy it IF you are willing to suspend your assumptions based on the cover alone and read it through to the end. All I could say after reading the first draft of the manuscript  was ..."WOW!" and that was ehy i decded to get involved.And if you would like to pen me a critique after finishing the book we would be very happy to receive it.

For some reason, without my lifting a finger, the text of my reply here was posted.So here I am,  I am sitting open- mouthed.

But the reason I selected OCTOPUS as the brightest is because the full one hour documentary that I was riveted to watching portrayed the octopus as having intelligence at least equal to humans and if they had been born on land instead of in the sea then they would have probably have become the dominant species. Shock and awe!

I watched an experiment where the Octopus was pushed into a series of glass tubes and had to find it's way out. It went up different pathways first  and eventually found the correct way out .To do so it had to reduce it's body to very small sizes and after the first success it was again placed into the tubes for another go.

The outcome:-  without hesitation, it immediately went exactly the routes it had formerly gone correctly and within literally seconds it had exited, demonstrating not only high intelligence but an amazing capacity for memory recollection.  Mind you, unlike my problems with memory he probably had the advantage of being much younger than me. Sniff ! :wink:

Did you also know that  the largest Octopi/Octopuses live in a ring round the West coast of North America from Oregon, past Washington State, B.C. in Canada , the Arctic and round to Japan. One was measured at 21.5 feet across!. That is MASSIVE, guys. The documentary went on to  show interactions between scuba divers in B.C. and one who had pushed himself into a rock crevice. At first the octopus played with him then suddenly his head was enveloped with  tentacles which gently pulled off his mask,. When I asked a scuba diver I know why he did not panic on the video he replied... "That's because he always has a backup with extra gear fairly close to his position and also you are trained not to panic when something like this happens." I'll tell you I was close to panic because he couldn't drag the tentacle off his face and there was no way he was going to get his mask and air tubes back from this monster I was certain of that.

If Yngwie sends me a review of the  novel of 400 pages then I will put up another question shortly.

Have a great day the noo, :wave:  :scotland:  :notworthy: