Slow site

tm4tj

Having chronic display problems. Working on it  to try to locate source. Not blaming the web pages of this site but also can click numerous times to move along on the page(using IE11) but the instruction doesn't seem to connect and nothing happens.

Size of web page keeps changing without warning.

Also the  page disappears without any action from me when typing in the posting box- I thought it may be my large key, clackety-clack  keyboard for the vision-impaired but changing the keyboard does not eliminate this.

Have also run numerous anti-virus scans with Avast (incl. boot scan) and Windows Live Essentials on the computer to no avail. Also same with apps like Hitman Pro , Malware Bytes, M/s Safety Scan --but all come up clear of malware..

Hope this may help.

Is it just me or is the site very slow again today?  No error messages but pages have taken ages to load - far longer than any other sites I have visited this morning.

You're not joking - 'Big Granny B**bs' is lightening fast this morning! :wink:

aware there are intermittent issues but its really needle in a haystack territory in trying to pin it down. I did reboot our server this morning and that seems to have reduced the load on the server and therefore pages are a bit quicker. still investigating the overall cause of the slowness

• 3 weeks later...

not sure. there seems to have been a hiccup with images and avatars yesterday (perhaps caused by testing the new version of the software elsewhere) .... not sure if i can get them back or not 

• 10 months later...

Site been a bit sluggish for me over the last couple of weeks. Any tweaking required Scotty or is it just at my end. Don't seem to have the same problems with others. It took about a minute to open this topic :lol: 

• 2 weeks later...

The last upgrade last night you mean ? 

Yes - We noticed (and were told by a few folk) that we had some slowness on this and other sites we host over the last few weeks. We worked with our provider to rule out issues on our side and tweaked a few things but in the end, after a couple of additional events where they had to replace hardware components and then admitted to us that another VPS hosted on the same node was suffering from issues after their site suffered a DDoS attack which was causing some residual slowness on the node we requested to be moved to a different server. 

They attempted this on Sunday night / Monday morning and it took several hours. In the end an error meant they could not make the final switch so we reverted back to the original yesterday. Last night they tried again, and it looks like it worked this time, and with significantly less downtime. The site does seem quite perky today ! 

We will continue to monitor the site and make sure its running as quick as we can make it run. Please keep telling us when you notice any issues. we do take heed and look into them. 

• Agree 1