St Mirren -V- Inverness CT

Scotty

6 Points ahead of Title Contenders, Dundee Utd.....can't be bad, eh?

And Killie at home, Arabs and Well away before the end of the month. We may be threadbare but effort, suspension less, injury free and feckin flowing and we could be in pole position for Europe.

What a phenomenal run of results we are on. 

Whilst we haven't been keeping a huge number of clean sheets recently (after 5 in a row at the start of the season) it's worth noting that in our last 20 matches, only twice have we conceded more than one goal in a game. And one one of those occasions we still managed to win (4-2 v Hamilton).

First half was a bit like watching Barcelona!

Second half we probably needed a different attacking option to hold the ball up a bit so that we spent a little less time passing around our box

Thought Draper and Christie stood out, and the defence not really troubled for the majority of the game, a couple of close shaves I guess....but we should have put the game to bed by then

Best I've seen ICT play when I've managed to get to a match

• Agree 1

Matthew Lindsay a journalist with the evening times has called us the most attractive footballing team in the country by along way. What a season we have been having

Put that in your pipe and smoke it Chick Young ... Btw, isn't football commentary/analysis meant to be impartial. BBC Radio Scotland are s?&# at it ... Between Gordon/Miller pro-Aberdeen and Chick Young pro-St Mirren etc

Matthew Lindsay a journalist with the evening times has called us the most attractive footballing team in the country by along way. What a season we have been having

Put that in your pipe and smoke it Chick Young ... Btw, isn't football commentary/analysis meant to be impartial. BBC Radio Scotland are s?&# at it ... Between Gordon/Miller pro-Aberdeen and Chick Young pro-St Mirren etc

Its funny you say that as it wasnt just Chick who was having a dig about time wasting but miller was asked at half time about us so far this season and he came out with the dribble that our possession based game in his 'personal view' is boring and has to much passing back 'for his liking'. I know we have had some games where we have struggled and maybe not got the ball forward enough especially last season when we were learning it but again the bbc in stead of praising us for what we have achieved they always have someone on hand just to find one thing to pick at, pathetic really.

• Agree 2

Its funny you say that as it wasnt just Chick who was having a dig about time wasting but miller was asked at half time about us so far this season and he came out with the dribble that our possession based game in his 'personal view' is boring and has to much passing back 'for his liking'.

Willie Miller is a clueless sheep apologist.

I thought our passing was pretty slick today. We seem to passing the ball forwards more than earlier in the season, and some of the ball retention today was breathtaking. If only we could convert a bigger percentage of chances created.

• Agree 1

Its funny you say that as it wasnt just Chick who was having a dig about time wasting but miller was asked at half time about us so far this season and he came out with the dribble that our possession based game in his 'personal view' is boring and has to much passing back 'for his liking'.

Willie Miller is a clueless sheep apologist.

I thought our passing was pretty slick today. We seem to passing the ball forwards more than earlier in the season, and some of the ball retention today was breathtaking. If only we could convert a bigger percentage of chances created.

A few years ago I did some looking into conversion stats and realised that the "big" teams percentages weren't any greater than others (quite the opposite in some cases) it was that these teams were putting in a far greater number of shots/shots on target.....and that's what we seem to be doing more regularly this season.

• Agree 1

Its funny you say that as it wasnt just Chick who was having a dig about time wasting but miller was asked at half time about us so far this season and he came out with the dribble that our possession based game in his 'personal view' is boring and has to much passing back 'for his liking'. I know we have had some games where we have struggled and maybe not got the ball forward enough especially last season when we were learning it but again the bbc in stead of praising us for what we have achieved they always have someone on hand just to find one thing to pick at, pathetic really.

The funnier thing is that I didn't even hear their commentary/analysis today ... But sadly I know that's what they are like every week ... Pathetic!

Just watched the highlights and we were very pleasing on the eye. Watkins has carried on where little k left off by running defences ragged. We will always miss many more than we score that's the nature of football but we are doing what we do beautifully. Long may it continue.

• Agree 1

Watched the Yogi interview and was very impressed with his assessment of the game... I do think we need that option of a big strong player upfront

Interesting comments about Ross County, which I agree with (I may be in a minority!) I'd rather they stay up so we can play them and it cements the Highlands as a 'footballing' centre

Edited by Eagle4Caley
  • Agree 3

Superb! well done lads. Good day for us with Killie result

Yogi, you are probably the best thing ever to happen to this club! IMO we are playing a style of football I didn't think was possible on the budgets you are restricted to. You have players playing football they didn't think they were capable of so well done to them for adapting to your style. Wonderful.

Edited by caleyboy
  • Agree 3

From the Alba highlghts, I took the following:

1. We won heaps of key challenges in our own half - Draper, Tansey, Warren and Meekings were immense. Importantly, when the ball was won, it wasn't just thumped, but was played constructively - transition was excellent.

2. The one touch triangles in tight spaces in the first half were outstanding. Ross and Williams looked like they were key to this part of our game today - I thought Ross looked like he had an excellent game, particularly tracking back.

3. Shinnie and Raven were tremendous on the overlap - setting up both goals.

4. The chances we're creating now are clear-cut ones - we had 5 or 6 one-on-ones or clear shots from inside the box. Watkins, Christie, Ross, Warren all narrowly missed, or the final pass was inches off being perfect.

5. The Midden were restricted to 4 set-piece opportunities - always a good sign that they couldn't get through us in open play. That said, we didn't defend set pieces particularly well yesterday.

6. Yogi is right - we're not great with 2-0 scorelines and haven't yet got that confidence to put teams to the sword when we're up a couple - taking the foot off the gas and not being brave. Hopefully, that will come.

Looking back over the above, I think every player (except Esson) gets a mention - which says it all!

• Agree 4