Cricket

Ronaldo

My Dad once told me that England's toughest and thoughtful cricket captain was the bodyline series winner Douglas Jardine

My Dad told me he was Scottish, but the wonders of the Internet indicate he was born in India.

However Dad was probably right in his family were from Scotland.

If anyone is interested in Jardine and that famous tour of blood and thunder there is a fantastic book , title " And then came Larwood ", very rare a copy will cost you in access of  £30 , but there are sportsman book club editions of lower price.  Best read  other than  Charles book " Against all odds ", By the way Charles just sold two of your efforts about going up Stephen's bray . Hope Stephen was happy with that.

I thought that feelings against the England and Wales Cricket Board were finally becoming a little more passionate when I saw a headline saying "Protester attacks ECB boss at press conference".  But no.  Turns out the conference was being held by the European Central Bank!