Europa Places

Dargo20

Any idea on the dates that potential Europa League qualifiers would fall on. I've my honeymoon in July, so it would be Sod's law that they clash!

June 22, 2015

draw for 1st and 2nd qualifying round Europa League

July 2, 2015

1st qualifying round (1st leg)

July 9, 2015

1st qualifying round (2nd leg)

July 16, 2015

2nd qualifying round (1st leg)

July 23, 2015

2nd qualifying round (2nd leg)

Damn it i'm in America for the first leg for the first round.

I'm hoping Caley come to London!! I would be able to go  :smile:

We'd probably have to go far in the tournament before that happened! The English Premier League is ranked at no.2 by UEFA so clubs from there enter much later than SPFL teams!

I did read that if Celtic beat Inter Milan, then in 2016/17 we (Scottish clubs) will get 5 teams in Europe for the following season. Maybe wrong, the whole system appears shrouded in secrecy!

But, as much as it sometimes pains me, I support every Scottish team in Europe. To do otherwise is simply betraying your own club's future opportunities!

• Agree 5

I'm hoping Caley come to London!! I would be able to go  :smile:

We'd probably have to go far in the tournament before that happened! The English Premier League is ranked at no.2 by UEFA so clubs from there enter much later than SPFL teams!

I did read that if Celtic beat Inter Milan, then in 2016/17 we (Scottish clubs) will get 5 teams in Europe for the following season. Maybe wrong, the whole system appears shrouded in secrecy!

But, as much as it sometimes pains me, I support every Scottish team in Europe. To do otherwise is simply betraying your own club's future opportunities!

The co-efficient at end of 14/15 season will determine places for 16/17 and 17/18. As it stands at this moment we are gauranteed 1 CL and 3 EL places but, as you say. Our co-efficient is 17.9 at the moment. 26.0 would give us an extra CL place. Its difficult to decypher the points criterea but I think Celtic would need to make last 8 to gain extra place

With tonights result, methinks history is going to be made and we WILL Qualify for Europe by ending 3rd.

United have 2 more games in hand against Aberdeen and Celtic both of which they SHOULD lose (not saying that they will lose though) so that would keep gap at 7 meaning they would have to BEAT us before and during split plus win all their other matches which is highly unlikely because these would include Celtic and Aberdeen again plus Perth Saints who they haven't beaten yet this season.

So tbh, we could afford to lose to Celtic and Aberdeen twice as long as we pick points up against other teams and Dundee U (draws v United would be good).

Hope this makes sense lol.

Not Liverpool? I think the Scottish Cup winner enter a bit later anyway

Yeah, they've played both Spurs and Liverpool in recent seasons. Just been looking up what rounds they were in. Both the games were in the play-off round which is effectively the 4th qualifying round. If we win the Cup, we'd enter in round 2, but runner-up or 3rd in the league and we'd be in at the first hurdle.

Having said that, I see England still give a place to their League Cup winners - so if Tottenham win tomorrow, they'd enter in the 3rd round, providing they don't instead make the Champions League. So I suppose there's a very much outside chance of a Spurs v ICT game.

ICT will probably be in London though - at Heathrow airport on the way to an obscure destination! :lol:

Not Liverpool? I think the Scottish Cup winner enter a bit later anyway

Yeah, they've played both Spurs and Liverpool in recent seasons. Just been looking up what rounds they were in. Both the games were in the play-off round which is effectively the 4th qualifying round. If we win the Cup, we'd enter in round 2, but runner-up or 3rd in the league and we'd be in at the first hurdle.

Having said that, I see England still give a place to their League Cup winners - so if Tottenham win tomorrow, they'd enter in the 3rd round, providing they don't instead make the Champions League. So I suppose there's a very much outside chance of a Spurs v ICT game.

ICT will probably be in London though - at Heathrow airport on the way to an obscure destination! :lol:

I'm thinking outer Russia, Lithuania or a chilly mountain in Estonia 

• 5 weeks later...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3020665/Celtic-handed-16m-Champions-League-carrot-SPL-leaders-know-qualify-Europe-s-premier-competition.html

'Significantly, however, the three Scottish clubs that enter the Europa League qualifiers will now cover their costs via a solidarity payment of £150,000 – even if they crash out at the first hurdle.'

''Crucially, where clubs like Aberdeen, Inverness, St Johnstone or Dundee United are concerned, there will also be the new solidarity payments for those who crash out of the Europa League at the qualifying stage.

This has long been the norm for Scottish clubs, their pain heightened by the cost of flying to far-flung remote outposts in Russia, Belarus or Moldova.''

Still waiting on the banter train full of folk saying we don't want/need Europe.

Well they probably have a point financially and the early entry and the fitness levels often have a negative effect on the rest of the season. It really would all depend on the draw but - let's face it - none of the Scottish entries are going to get very far. If the draw is kind then this could be a money spinner, it is better than the expected dross of Highland practice matches, it may be that a one off sponsorship could be done as it would be a big news story and may even get TV interest and it would be a great away day for the fans.

IF it happens count me in wherever - BUT we still have to qualify - and I am as worried now about St Jones Town as I am about Dungdee Untied.

Some big names from Scandanavian football I'd want to avoid in early round and many teams from Eastern europe which are just too unknown.

A nice trip to Iceland would do, lovely country or I'm still hoping that we could get a Cypriot or Malta team for a nice wee summer hols

Still waiting on the banter train full of folk saying we don't want/need Europe.

My issue would be that we could playing a Cup Final on the 30th May and then a qualifying round of the Europa Cup in the first week of July, which leaves rest and a break for the lads limited and pre-season compromised....

I understand the attraction, but we have a small squad already, with out even a bonafide main striker on a permanent deal....would a friendly in say, Lille, not suffice?

I understand the attraction, but we have a small squad already, with out even a bonafide main striker on a permanent deal....would a friendly in say, Lille, not suffice?

Calais, more like!

I actually spent a season going to Lille games and standing with their Ultras - my only experience of getting tear gassed!

• Agree 1

Calais, more like!

I actually spent a season going to Lille games and standing with their Ultras - my only experience of getting tear gassed! If you want to relive the experience, come and sit next to me after I've eaten a dodgy curry.

My issue would be that we could playing a Cup Final on the 30th May and then a qualifying round of the Europa Cup in the first week of July, which leaves rest and a break for the lads limited and pre-season compromised....

Even if it did compromise us for one season, IMO it would still be worth it. Surely the whole point in doing well in the league is so that you get into Europe.

• Agree 1

Would love a welsh side, since been wanting to go to wales for a wee while now but as long as it's not a eastern european side i'm happy

What's wrong with an Eastern European side.

2lsit82.jpg