Inverness CT - V - Kilmarnock Matchday Thread

TopSix

We need Brill back between the posts.

We need a right back.

We need to get more than 2900 at our games.

I thought some players did well, others faded in the second half, and we were unlucky to lose 3 goals.  Williams goal was a peach!  Ryan is a great player(Christie)  but Raven needs some competition for that place, he came close to costing us all the points today.

You high bud, raven has been fantastic this season 

Mmm   fantastic?   Should you not be on the training pitch practising crosses and ball control David?   

Edited by caley100

In the absence of McKay, reassuring we have others in the team that can score goals. Three different scorers ( one May have been an og) but shows the depth of talent in the squad. ICTFC are a Team.

Mckay....small "k"

Caley D small minded

CaleyD.....no space.

Literally :lol:

I would have settled for a dull slow 3 points before United. Instead we got an entertaining 1 point.That point could make a huge difference at the end of the season.

Good linesmen poor ref.

It was as dull a 3 all draw as there will ever be !  

Had utd won as expected and we won as expected then it would have been status quo, as it is they lost a game many feel was winnable and we took 1 point thus are plus 1 from pre-match expectations.

Still unbeaten in 2015, 3rd in the league, cup QF, still scoring goals even after losing our top striker.

Why such negative posts?

• Agree 4

Can't always be positive though can we. It was a frustrating game to watch and it was two points lost in my opinion. That's not a negative thing, it's how I felt after the game. Disappointing scoreline, but onwards and upwards.

Had utd won as expected and we won as expected then it would have been status quo, as it is they lost a game many feel was winnable and we took 1 point thus are plus 1 from pre-match expectations.

Still unbeaten in 2015, 3rd in the league, cup QF, still scoring goals even after losing our top striker.

Why such negative posts?

What on earth have these factors got to do with anyone's opinion on the entertainment value of the game itself?  The game is what it is.  If it's a dull draw it's a dull draw whether you happen to be top of the table or bottom. 

Gaining a point over Utd, still unbeaten in 2015, 3rd in the league, cup QF, still scoring goals even after losing our top striker? - Fantastic! 

Entertainment value of yesterday's game? - Not great.

We need Brill back between the posts.

We need a right back.

We need to get more than 2900 at our games.

I thought some players did well, others faded in the second half, and we were unlucky to lose 3 goals.  Williams goal was a peach!  Ryan is a great player(Christie)  but Raven needs some competition for that place, he came close to costing us all the points today.

You high bud, raven has been fantastic this season 

Mmm   fantastic?   Should you not be on the training pitch practising crosses and ball control David?   

As he has been doing for most of the season and yesterday was an exception FFS. You could see Raven was getting frustrated at his own performance but everyone is entitled to one bad game surely.

Hamilton have now got just 2 points from their last 8 games and scored only 1 goal in their last 7.  Today they only had one shot at goal in the entire match.  With Dundee and St Johnstone both with games in hand I would be really surprised if they finished in the top 6.  They played some really good football earlier in the year and it is a bit of a shame to see them fall apart like this.

• Agree 2

I would have settled for a dull slow 3 points before United. Instead we got an entertaining 1 point.That point could make a huge difference at the end of the season.

Good linesmen poor ref.

It was as dull a 3 all draw as there will ever be !

What I meant was I would have been happy enough with a dull low energy 1-0 win and save energy for Tuesday instead the guys put a lot into the match and only got 1 point.

In the absence of McKay, reassuring we have others in the team that can score goals. Three different scorers ( one May have been an og) but shows the depth of talent in the squad. ICTFC are a Team.

Mckay....small "k" Caley D small minded

CaleyD.....no space.

CaleyD.......No mates.......literally (last comment)

Why such negative posts?

What on earth have these factors got to do with anyone's opinion on the entertainment value of the game itself? The game is what it is. If it's a dull draw it's a dull draw whether you happen to be top of the table or bottom.

Suggest you go back and read these posts again on this thread rather than bite back at me. Not that many comments about entertainment but plenty about the team, us having a poor right back and missing mckay still.

If the game wasnt deemed to be high value entertainment to you then thats fine but you could easily go to a theatre or cinema and see a poor product there too. My point is that if fans on here expect that with our small budget and playing squad we can provide barcelona style football every week and win every game then they need to get real snd stop assessing every game through their rose tinted championship manager computer glasses.

Win, loose or draw its becoming increasingly hard to find many positive threads or posts on this site demonstrating an appreciation and acknowledgement of what is being achieved.

Edited by bdu98196
  • Agree 3

Football is the great game it is because form fluctuates and sometimes the better team doesn't win. So on the day that Chelsea drew with Burnley at home and Dundee United lost to St J at home, we failed to win against Kilmarnock in a game many thought we'd win. We weren't at our best and they're on the up. We can't expect to win every game from now until May. This is a small setback that would be forgotten if we beat United and Motherwell this week, which would likely take us above Aberdeen into second. So, on form maybe we should have won this but on the day we didn't deserve to. Next!

Edited by PerfICT
  • Agree 2

I don't know where the idea of an unentertaining game comes from. I was at the game with a 12 year old who had never been to a live game before with his mum who has been to very few games.

They both went away really delighted with the standard of entertainment dished up and slightly disappointed that we did not win a game where we dominated possession.

I though it was a highly entertaining game with both teams contributing to that and the referee also making a contribution (not positively), and I was also disappointed that we did not win.

For those who only class as entertainment goals scored by ICT I suggest that they reconsider the meaning of entertainment.

We can't win every game, much as I would like us to, and we have to accept that on occassion the opposition may add to the value of the game as a spectacle.

Life would be boring if everything went the way we wanted it to go.

• Agree 1

Mckay....small "k" Caley D small minded CaleyD.....no space.

CaleyD.......No mates.......literally (last comment)

post-3-0-31173100-1424633251.jpg

I found that game more frustrating to watch than entertaining. Being ahead 3 times and not winning is frustrating to me tbh. Our usually solid defence seemed to lack communication on several occasions. Good to bag 3 goals though and Christie was great. Ref, particularly in the second half was utterly tragic. Massive game on Tuesday!

• Agree 2

SMILEYMOMETER

ESSON :clapoverhead:  :clapoverhead:  :clapoverhead:   I don't understand the criticism levelled at him. Some were saying that he was slow off his line for the first goal but that was a hell of a deflection and the lad actually put it away well. I also thought that he was very unlucky for the second goal as he did have it covered but it came off the post and hit his feckin heel. And he didn't have a chance with the third. The only "problem" is that he is a very different goalie to Brill. We have got used to Deanos big presence and more assurity at corners. I also suspect that it has taken a bit of change for Meekings and Warren.

RAVEN :clapoverhead:  :clapoverhead:  :clapoverhead:  Solid enuff first 45 but very shaky in the second (come on that is most unlike him). To me he was responsible for the third and I though he was going to get a red card when he missed the tackle after giving the ball away.

MEEKINGS :clapoverhead:  :clapoverhead:  :clapoverhead:  Again solid BUT - is it me - but should Warren not have been marking McGennis, especially in the air ? I would also say that our 2 central defenders were too "honest" and allowed McGennis to "bully" them.

WARREN :clapoverhead:  :clapoverhead:  :clapoverhead:  Might get some stick fer this but after I berated him for being foolhardy I thought that he was not physical enuff yesterday. But cant blame him or Meekings for the goals and he is always a threat in the opposition box.

SHINNIE :clapoverhead:  :clapoverhead:  :clapoverhead:  Still irks me a bit that he is playing and the "Aberdeen bound Shinnie" comment in the paper heralding his goal also nagged me. But he is certainly giving 100% and I would never join the "boo boys" who could be heard yesterday. But where the feck was he playing in the second half ?

ROSS :clapoverhead:  :clapoverhead:  :clapoverhead:  Again played well but I do not think that wide and deep is his forte.

TANSEY :clapoverhead:  :clapoverhead:  :clapoverhead:  Probably suffered as his performance yesterday was acceptable but nowhere near the standard that he has been playing at recently.

DRAPER :clapoverhead:  :clapoverhead:  :clapoverhead:  Ditto

WILLIAMS :clapoverhead:  :clapoverhead:  :clapoverhead:  :clapoverhead:  Most improved player of the season fer me. Beginning to remind me of Johnny Hayes. What a sweet strike although I never noticed the deflection of the defenders head at the game.

CHRISTIE  :clapoverhead:  :clapoverhead:  :clapoverhead:  :clapoverhead:  MOTM - Second half display was as good as he has played for us. Tracking back and sweet passing. But what is his best position ?

WATKINS :clapoverhead:  :clapoverhead:  :clapoverhead:  Again looked like a stand in winger playing centre forward - drifted at times. He will be far more effective away from home though with his pace, strength and directness. We will have to live with that this season

Kenny McLean was simply a joke - Some of his decisions were laughable. Just look at his position for the undoubted McGennis hand ball. Not the first time that a referee has spoiled a game this season. But I bet if there were any neutrals there that they would have felt that they got their monies worth. I do not think that Killie deserved a point as we gave it to them. Still another point and lets hope that the Arab demise continues.

Do I feel robbed? No, we should have been able to defend a bit better. I do feel hard done by however.

The first Killie goal was as the result of a speculative shot that took a deflection. The defence didn't track back and left their striker one-on-one with Esson. The free kick that led to the second equaliser was a bit soft I felt, and followed a head shot on Nick Ross that should have been dealt with by the referee but wasn't Killie then got another lucky break when the ball came back off the post and hit Esson on the back and went in. The third came about from some sloppy attacking - that would be my main gripe with us today, we gave the ball away when we had them under pressure too many times - unfortunately we gave the ball away on the halfway line and they scored from the header.

Difficult to judge our first two goals as I was at the other end, but the third by Williams was a beauty. That nob Rob Maclean was spouting some pish about it being deflected - dream on no Killie player got near it, including the keeper.

And now we come to the waste of a skin that was the referee. WTF did Macgennis have to do to get booked? Every jump that he had no chance of winning was either a barge or an elbow into the defender (in fact all the Killie forwards were guilty of that). The last "challenge" that led to his final warning looked like a clear elbow into Warren. A yellow on its own at the least. That the treatment handed out to Nick Ross went unpunished was appalling. And why did he not need to use his vanishing spray for free kicks on the stand side, but did need to on the far side? His "I'm in charge" talk to Pascali when he was shoving Warren at the free kick they scored from was pointless, considering he then proceeded to do nothing. And what was the added time at the end of the match about? 1 minute which was taken up by the Killie defender rolling about after Meekings was booked.

And why was Pascali pulling his own player's shirt at a set piece in the second half? Clumsy attempt to con the ref?

It did take a deflection, though!

I don't know where the idea of an unentertaining game comes from. I was at the game with a 12 year old who had never been to a live game before with his mum who has been to very few games.

They both went away really delighted with the standard of entertainment dished up and slightly disappointed that we did not win a game where we dominated possession.

I though it was a highly entertaining game with both teams contributing to that and the referee also making a contribution (not positively), and I was also disappointed that we did not win.

For those who only class as entertainment goals scored by ICT I suggest that they reconsider the meaning of entertainment.

We can't win every game, much as I would like us to, and we have to accept that on occassion the opposition may add to the value of the game as a spectacle.

Life would be boring if everything went the way we wanted it to go.

I think a lot of the comments stem from an earlier comment about it being dull for a 3-3 draw and perhaps it should be seen in that context.  From an entertainment perspective I have seen far worse at TCS this season but I've also seen far better.  Match stats show that between the 2 sides there were 16 attempts on goal which is pretty average.  6 goals is clearly a plus point entertainment wise but apart from Williams goal and arguably Slater's free kick the goals were more down to sloppy defending or good luck than good attacking play.

But rather than judging the game by my own subjective opinion, folk might be better to reflect on the response of the crowd as a whole rather than applauding the players.  The game never really got the crowd going and at the end most folk moved quickly for the exits.  I know there was a big element of disappointment but I have been to games where a hatful of goals have been scored and fans of the losing side have stood at the end to applaud the entertainment provided by both sides.  That was never going to happen yesterday.  It wasn't a bad game but it was not as exciting as the scoreline would suggest.

• Agree 1