Motherwell -V- Inverness CT

hislopsoffsideagain

Frustrating but being an ICT for many years you get used to the ups and downs and the inconsistency which is what stops us going the next step. However with United losing we are the one that control our euro fate. Need to up our game next week!

• Agree 1

What an opportunity missed to open the gap to Untd , but once again we have lost a goal following a corner /free kick I thinks that is the last 3 game we have done that as Macduffer has said practice Set Piece Defending

Edited by Biggin

What this thread requires at this time is some psychological words of wisdom from a professional perspective. What a poor week. 2 feckin points out of 9, lose a lead 3 times at home, can't beat a team who went down to 10 men and 1-0 after 5 minutes and fail to beat the whopping boys of the league. And then we show more indiscipline and make the squad depletion even worse. What a feckin disaster.

But WHOA - let's reflect and take in the bigger picture. Have the footballing gods been with us or not ? We are now possibly in a stronger position than we were before we kicked off against Kille. Just look at the table. And then look at the fixture list. MASSIVE game next week but what a feckin booster a win would be. And then - well time to recuperate, regroup, refresh and hopefully RETURN. It gives us time to get the injured back, it gives us time to get the newbies more aware of the system, blend in and increase their fitness levels. It also serves suspension and highlights the need fer discipline to ALL concerned.

This is actually the time to get behind the team and the team to repay the loyalty of 3000 frustrated followers. That is all fer now as I need to let my kilt in the mothballs and dust off my passport. Looks like old IHE will have to don the outfit again, at least twice, show of the tat and embarrass his family.

• Agree 3

IHE is quite correct but I can't help thinking if we had got all 9 points (which arguably we should have done), we would tonight be sitting level on points with Celtic and 15 points ahead of Dundee Utd.  It would have been a genuine 3 way title race with us involved!  However, it's not to be, but we are still in a very good place.

By the way, when was the last time the bottom four all won on the same day?

• Agree 1

Ok i am very frustrated as again we have blown another chance to nail it home. Of course it will go down to the wire but we could have been 16 clear had we won our three games. Today was always going to be tricky and i am more frustrated by the last two games where we score 3 at home and still not win and then lead against 10 men only 5 mins into the game and we cant finish the job which is what Yogi has been speaking about for a month now. On the other hand United are in worse form than us and now face Celtic three weeks in a row. We have 10 games left and face United twice, Aberdeen twice and Celtic Twice but so do they so especially with the form as it is we are still in the driving the seat and this is a good time to lose. Hopefully this will galvanise the lads to up it for the final run to the end of the season. We will have a mini break and will have players back like wakins and warren soon and from what i heard that Ofere got better as the game went on so we can still do it  

• Agree 1