Raith Rovers Game Team

WYNESS101

Willie Collum in charge for this one.

Marvellous. Given what he did to us in the QF last year, I trust our players have been told to stay on their feet.

That match was ridiculous. Doubt there is another match we have been involved in where so much has gone so catastrophically wrong.

I'd be inclined to play Esson on Saturday and then gradually bring back Brill. If we rush him too much, it might work against us.

I may be in a minority of one but I actually think that Esson is the better of our two very capable 'keepers.

I'd be inclined to play Esson on Saturday and then gradually bring back Brill. If we rush him too much, it might work against us.

I may be in a minority of one but I actually think that Esson is the better of our two very capable 'keepers.

I am not sure about better (as in genuinely not sure) but there seem to have been a reduced number of bomb-scare backpasses since Esson has been in goal.

• Agree 1

I may be in a minority of one but I actually think that Esson is the better of our two very capable 'keepers. I don't think there is much between them as straight forward keepers but within the teams defensive unit Deano's style of keeping works better and the goals we've lost since he's been out, I think, show this. As a back 5 we are better with Brill.
  • Agree 1

In all honesty im not concerned what the team is as i trust all the players in this team and the Management. All im concerned about is that we stay professional and respect Raith who will be well up for this.

Remember March 2004 when we played Well and everyone expected Mwell to progress all the way to the final, but then Barry lobbed Marshall from 40 yards... Lol

Well, Well didnt respect us that day and we were in control for most of the match for what i remember.

This is an amazing opportuntity for the club to progress and atleast give us a day out at Hampden. I hope we dont bottle it!

Ps. Keep the heed! Its Collum whos the ref :(

Deano has to be straight back in, lost a lot more goals without him, and although Esson hasn't done a lot wrong, we IMO have definitely missed his communication at the back.

Had a dream last night that Watkins played upfront in this one but got 2 yellows in the first half, and we lost 1-0.  I don't think it is a credible premonition though, as we also brought on one of my mates (a Dundee Utd fan) as a sub and he got a straight red within seconds.

In all honesty im not concerned what the team is as i trust all the players in this team and the Management. All im concerned about is that we stay professional and respect Raith who will be well up for this.

Remember March 2004 when we played Well and everyone expected Mwell to progress all the way to the final, but then Barry lobbed Marshall from 40 yards... Lol

Well, Well didnt respect us that day and we were in control for most of the match for what i remember.

This is an amazing opportuntity for the club to progress and atleast give us a day out at Hampden. I hope we dont bottle it!

Ps. Keep the heed! Its Collum whos the ref :(

The fans were in good voice that day.  That guy with the marching drum had the whole stands backing.

Like us back then Raith are a good team and if it wasn't for the relegated big clubs they would only be 7 points from 1st spot.

Officials for tomorrow:

Crawford Allan 

Graeme Leslie 

Kylie McMullan 

Stephen Finnie

Is this the first time we've had a female official?

Edited by Guest

Officials for tomorrow:

Crawford Allan 

Graeme Leslie 

Kylie McMullan 

Stephen Finnie

Is this the first time we've had a female official?

No... but can we please treat her with a bit of respect. Howl at her by all means if she makes a howler but for goodness sake don't make an issue of her gender. This is 2015 and we are not Neanderthals. 

• Agree 2

Talking female officials One of my fave you tube clips with the Wrexham fan and the female ref. involves some swearing for those who disapprove.

I think Willie Gollum and a fair few others would have the same reaction and chalk it off ..... but the rest of the clip is hilarious. He almost sounds like a normal commentator at times then the camera pans round and we get Mr Feckin Bean ! 

We have had a female ref in the Canadian Championship games 3 times. She was no better and no worse than her male counterparts and I believe she was also involved in the 2012 Olympics and refereed at Wembley !

Is it correct that Shinnie and Draper are just one booking from missing the Semi, if we were to make it?

Yeah, they're on a tightrope!

At least with the pitch being so soft they are unlikely to injure themselves if they fall off...

• Agree 2