Semi Final Venue

Kingsmills

Surely, whoever we face the fairest neutral venue has to be Pittodrie. If United, it is a bit closer for their fans than ours and has more than adequate capacity. If Celtic, their fans have a slightly longer journey than ours but on a route that is dual carriageway all the way and very well served by public transport. A few Celtic fans might miss out on tickets but there would be a full house and a cracking atmosphere. Above all,it would,for once be fair to our club and our fans.

That said,what's the betting we get shafted again and have to play Celtic at Hampden in their home city or United at Dens or,worse still,with 10,000 fans virtually lost in the vast spaces of Hampden or possibly even Ibrox if the SFA want to give the Govan basket case another hand out.

Has to be Hampden for me also. It isn't truly 'fair' but it's the national stadium and the players have earned the right to play there. Celtic's record there in recent years isn't too great either I don't think.

But surely they won't give us a 12.30 kick-off time.

Surely, whoever we face the fairest neutral venue has to be Pittodrie. If United, it is a bit closer for their fans than ours and has more than adequate capacity. If Celtic, their fans have a slightly longer journey than ours but on a route that is dual carriageway all the way and very well served by public transport. A few Celtic fans might miss out on tickets but there would be a full house and a cracking atmosphere. Above all,it would,for once be fair to our club and our fans.

That said,what's the betting we get shafted again and have to play Celtic at Hampden in their home city or United at Dens or,worse still,with 10,000 fans virtually lost in the vast spaces of Hampden or possibly even Ibrox if the SFA want to give the Govan basket case another hand out.

Paranoid much?

A lot of nonsense written there.

Scottish Cup semi finals are always at Hampden and have been for a number of years now excluding last year for obvious reasons.

Saying it could be at Dens or Ibrox is just ridiculas.

Hampden geting a new pitch this month, which should suit us.  :smile:

Another new pitch  didn't they lay one a few months ago.

I heard someone called Hector Broklebank  will be making a delivery to add the finishing touches.

Wot? We've earned our trip to Hampden. Yeah it's not a perfect stadium, hopefully we get seats at the side rather than behind the goals cos they're miles away. Regardless Pittodrie is a sh*thole anyway.

We did have to play our Dunfermline semi-final replay at Pittodrie, but of course, the original tie was at Hampden. Semi-final replays are, happily, no more! At the semi and final stage, I think all fans want to see a result on the day.

It'll be Hampden. Personally I'd prefer a smaller but filled out ground but that's just me.

When Falkirk played Hibs a few seasons back I think that game was on the Saturday and was it Hearts v Celtic on the Sunday? If we get Celtic it'll be a Sunday lunchtime kick off I reckon.

Edit: When do United and Celtic replay their game?

Edited by RiG

It'll be Hampden. Personally I'd prefer a smaller but filled out ground but that's just me.

When Falkirk played Hibs a few seasons back I think that game was on the Saturday and was it Hearts v Celtic on the Sunday? If we get Celtic it'll be a Sunday lunchtime kick off I reckon.

Edit: When do United and Celtic replay their game?

I really liked the games being held Celtic Park and Ibrox purely because they are better stadiums than Hampden.

The replay is a week today,

ICTRoughi - Nice one cheers.

You'd like to think that the SFA / Sky etc. will have a plan in place already regarding what game will be played when based on the winners of the Celtic v United game. A Sunday lunchtime kick off would be a bit of a scunner for us. Special train again?

Edited by RiG

The BBC have rights to the Scottish Cup. They have already shown their preference (see link  http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-cup although they do indicate dates can change) to show the 3pm kick off game on the Saturday for the Falkirk v Hibernian semi final which is good news for ICT if both games are at 3pm.

We clearly do not want a 12.45 kick off on the Sunday. On the Sunday Sky Sports appears to have covered their slots so BT Sports would be the other option but

''Scottish Cup matches are currently broadcast live by both BBC Sport Scotland in Scotland and Sky Sports across the rest of the United Kingdom and also into Ireland.''

Sky schedule:

Sat 18th April

Arsenal
15:00
Sunderland
Crystal Palace
West Bromwich Albion
Everton
Burnley
Hull City
Liverpool
Leicester City
Swansea City
Stoke City
Southampton
Chelsea
17:30
Manchester United  Sky Sports 1

Sun 19th April

Manchester City
13:30
West Ham United  Sky Sports 1
Newcastle United
16:00
Tottenham Hotspur

Sky therefore have a slot at 12.30 on the Saturday.

BT Sports are free to show the game at 3 pm on the Sunday and I guess we request that time now now regardless of opposition. If Celtic get through a 12.45 kick off on the Saturday or Sunday in Glasgow gives them an enormous advantage.

http://www.live-footballontv.com/

http://www.live-footballontv.com/live-scottish-football-on-tv.html

Whilst it will be great to play at Hampden, it will not be great playing the second of two semis because the pitch might resemble Aintree after the Grand National. So there is logic, if Dundee United beat Celtic playing the game at Pittodrie on the Sunday at 3pm.

• Agree 1

I suppose the one virtue that Hampden does have it's right next to Mount Florida Station if there was to be a 'football special'..

Wouldn't work as easy as that I'm afraid, since the Mount Florida Station route comes from Central Station, rather than Queen St station which would be where the Inverness train would arrive.