Semi Final Venue

Kingsmills

My only concern playing Celtic is that we will most likely get allocated a very small number of tickets, which on balance would be fair considering we only have home gates of 3k, but given what we took to Hampden before and the LC final we could probably sell 7k+. So long as loyal fans dont miss out on tickets then fair enough, but obviously if we play DUtd then we will get a lot more tickets from the outset.

My one concern would the re-laying of the pitch. I assume this happened recently as they promised it in time for league cup. The turf is unlikely to have rooted fully so there's every chance it will lift in the LC final. It will then be used for Queens next home game and an international before the SC semi's. I'm no expert in turf management but is seems an awful short period to let it all settle down

https://www.pitchcare.com/magazine/hampden-staff-pitch-in-ahead-of-final.html

Suppose it all depends on the day and time of kick off. If its another sunday ko at 12pm i reckon we'll be taking around 2000 again. If however the ko is at 3pm on either day we should hopefully be able to take 4000

When we were in SC semi's before we took over 6k which is odd when u think we struggled to take oy 7k to last yeas final.

Also Dundee United wont take anymore than 12,000 to a semi and i doubt celtic will take anymore than 25000 tbh

I'm with Fraz here, in a way doesn't matter what size of a crowd we take, we are at the national stadium on merit and that will attract considerably more than our core support through interest created by the venue. I'm happy if "neutrals" want to swell our numbers - it's just more income for the club. I don't share your unspoken viewpoint that these will be rangers fans, I think our brand of football will attract more than that to watch us. BTW, we didn't "struggle" to take 7K people to the LC final, that's just the number we got in what was a lesser competition than the SC. Maximising our semi final crowd might be best achieved by remembering how long it is since we have been to hampden and remembering that Celtic are chasing a treble. If we get them in the semi (and I hope we don't) that might be some people's only chance to see ICTFC at hampden. They need to be there.

• Agree 2

I'm not disputing the fact that neutrals may want to pick up this game - without a doubt they are more than welcome. I'm just stressing the point that should we get paired with Celtic then we may see a few more neutrals than in a normal tie who may be Rangers fans wishing to take in a game where Celtic could get a beat because of the rivalry etc.

It's no different to our fans sitting in the Dundee United end back in 2010 at C*unty's SC final.

Edited by ICTRoughi

If we face Celtic then I think we may pick up a few 'neutrals' but if we make the final then I think we can make it past the 10K mark.

'Neutrals' I, for one, would rather do without...

Neutrals can be converted into staunch supporters..... I would welcome them ! and I'm sure many others would too.

• Agree 1

I'm not disputing the fact that neutrals may want to pick up this game - without a doubt they are more than welcome. I'm just stressing the point that should we get paired with Celtic then we may see a few more neutrals than in a normal tie who may be Rangers fans wishing to take in a game where Celtic could get a beat because of the rivalry etc.

It's no different to our fans sitting in the Dundee United end back in 2010 at C*unty's SC final.

I didn't. I bought ticket for County end

I didn't. I bought ticket for County end

......and me......

I think we will take a decent crowd I think County had about 5-5500 in their Semi final against Celtic in 2010 so I would be happy with that but if we could aim for the smae numbers we took in our last semi final in 04 and last seasons LC final then I would be delighted. If we get to the final I think we could defo take over 10,000 and as people have said County got a brilliant final crowd which had some of us and other neutrals swelling the crowd. Yes we would all like to fill out the Longman every week and comfortably taking 20,000 and above to these occasions but we don't so whatever the number is I am sure they will be loud in their backing to give this team the support it deserves to become sucessful  

• Agree 2

Tbh I rally don't care how many we take to semi. We will be slated for however many we take whether it's the usual 3000 at most games or 10000 it would be a case of glory hunters or Inverness doesn't deserve such a poor support As long as we all get behind The team and give them all we've got then the numbers are irrelevant. Wr will be harangued whatever we do by the press other fans etc. Let's just all do our best and support our team

• Agree 5

I have to agree with those saying that a smaller crowd is actually more preferable for general atmosphere and things of that nature.  I didn't notice it quite so much at the League Cup Final, because it wasn't *that* big a crowd as finals go, but I do recollect a Ross County fan talking about their experience of their crowd the time they got to the Scottish Cup Final.  Seemingly the whole experience was very disappointing.  The crowd was full of Big Time Billys constantly asking things like "Who's that number 5?" etc. and who promptly left en masse as soon as Dundee United took the lead.

To be quite honest, should we get to the final, I'd like some way of keeping the seasonal ticket holders/regular fans together and give them priority to the ticketing, so that they at least can bellow out as one, as opposed to being broken up across the stand.  We - the people reading this and those who have season tickets and/or attend games regularly should be given priority.  Not the big game dandies. 

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 2

To be quite honest, should we get to the final, I'd like some way of keeping the seasonal ticket holders/regular fans together and give them priority to the ticketing, so that they at least can bellow out as one, as opposed to being broken up across the stand.  We - the people reading this and those who have season tickets and/or attend games regularly should be given priority.  Not the big game dandies.

^This but undoubtedly the ticket office staff will most likely achieve this so it shouldn't be a worry IMO.

Just on the point of neutrals, I recall seeing Gavin Gunning (Ex-Dundee United) in our section at the league cup final last year.