Semi Final Venue

Kingsmills

The game on the Saturday won't be at 3pm if it's going to be on TV as you can't broadcast games at that time apart from the final I think. I'd be happy with 12:45pm on the saturday. I guess it will come down to which broadcaster has first pick. I'm surprised it hasn't been announced yet.

Usually the Celtic semi finals have been a Sunday but closer to 2 o clock than any early ko so we could get a Sunday half 2 for example which I would be happy with but then it doesn't bother me I can go whatever the time and day but I hope the suits make a sensible decision so as many Caley fans can get in and support the team as possible.

Both games will be live, one on BBC and one on Sky. Doesn't matter what other games sky have on that day one semi final will still be live on Sky. It would make sense for ours to be 1245 on the Saturday for our fans getting their, more trains etc. But Scottish football doesn't normally do sense so expect something like 6pm on the Sunday!

The game on the Saturday won't be at 3pm if it's going to be on TV as you can't broadcast games at that time apart from the final I think. I'd be happy with 12:45pm on the saturday. I guess it will come down to which broadcaster has first pick. I'm surprised it hasn't been announced yet.

Think that only applies to league games.

BBC have listed Falkirk/Hibs for 3 pm saturday.

Think that only applies to league games.

BBC have listed Falkirk/Hibs for 3 pm saturday.

its a UEFA/FIFA blackout period covers all games. Cup Finals are different because they are typically the only game on that day. 

So,it's just me then  :smile:

No as I think the same as you. Personally, I don't think semi finals should be played at Hampden, end of story. That was the case many years ago and as far as I am aware the only reason they are now played there is financial to justify the money wasted on upgrading Hampden. Hampden is a crap stadium, one of the few which was better with terraces instead of seating and I have been there when crowds of over 100000 still permitted. If Celtic win the replay Hampden may be full, with Dundee Utd, maybe 30000 crowd tops with big empty spaces. I was at both semi finals against Dundee and Dunfermline and both these matches had no atmosphere due to low crowds. Replay at Pittodrie was much better.

We have earned our placed in the semi final regardless of what happens but Hampden should not be the venue for semi finals, simple as that.

Semis-finals should not be at the national stadium because it detracts from the honour of getting there for the final! This is particularly true in Scotland when very few teams will have sufficient support to generate a decent atmosphere in such a large stadium. However, the SFA rules are what they are and, despite my reservations above, I'm delighted the players will get to play there - I just hope it is twice in quick succession! :cheer01:

• Agree 3

My one concern would the re-laying of the pitch. I assume this happened recently as they promised it in time for league cup. The turf is unlikely to have rooted fully so there's every chance it will lift in the LC final. It will then be used for Queens next home game and an international before the SC semi's. I'm no expert in turf management but is seems an awful short period to let it all settle down

If it's Celtic there will be a big crowd, mostly in green . They will come intrigued to see how well our outfit is dominating Scottish football and nervously wondering how many goals they are likely to lose against the men in blue.

S'fact. You can bet on it. :cheer01: