ICT V Celtic - matchday thread

Scotty

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God - did we not deserve that. We played some great stuff in the second half and they just simply were not at the races. Bazza and Rankin tore them apart out wide and Rory played a feckin belter. Only criticism is the decision to shut up shot in the last five minutes and yet another horrendous defensive mix up fer the Cellic goal. We had a throw in 10 yards from their corner flag - and we wre pressing. I am off ma feckin seat shouting at Royster to leave it fer Munro - and what happens - Munro and Dods stay put fer the first time in the feckin game !!

Then we fall asleep and let Nakamura drift into a wide left position. Dods should have put the cross into the Firth but miscued it high in the sky. Munro and Dods go fer the high ball - just throwing themselves in and not looking atb the ball and, to be fair to the big Dutch **** he fairly smacked it home. Plus I thought Duncan was having a really good game and Royster was anonymous. Why take Duncan off?

Still more positives than negatives

Absolutely gutted to lose that game. We deserved to take at least one point, in the second half we were the better side and even towards the end of the first half we did well. Poor defending for both Celtic goals really - both should have been cleared before they had a chance to get a shot in but that's football I suppose. Superb header from Graham bayne who is developing into a real asset for us. I was also very impressed with Rory McAllister who got a chance to stake a claim. He showed very good touches and was menacing towards the Celtic back line for the 80 odd minutes he got, with Wyness and Dargs both out with dislocated shoulders he should get a chance, although we do need cover.

Absolutely gutted about that.  We should have won that after our second half performance, never mind loose it.  And that is supposed to be Scotland's champions league representatives?  :017:

Daylight robbery.

Will be interesting to hear what exactly happened down the tunnel at full time.

Although I did get interviewed for Setanta that was shown pre-match, still yet to see it..!

Absolute travesty.  We gave away the two softest goals imaginable.  Apart from that Fraser had only one save to make.  Definitely outplayed them second half.  Hard to take that wee nyaff, Strachan's, grin at the end.  He knew they'd stolen it.  Still, as others have said, more positives than negatives today.

To echo those above - absolutely superb effort today.  Every single player gave everything from start to finish, they did everything asked of them and more.  And McAllister!  What a great performance, hopefully this is the making of him.  No need for a smileymometer - even despite the soft goals we let in I'd give  :003: :003: :003: :003: :003: to everyone today.

We were mugged today  :009:

Hard to take losing (again unfortunately) in the last minute especially when Celtic would have been lucky to get a draw. Still the goals we conceded were very soft indeed  :006:

Bad news about Denzil though. Is it the same shoulder he's injured? Not good if it is.

Didn't even realise JVH had been red carded till I was going home in the car. Strachan was banging on about how his poor wee players were nursing there wounds after the nasty ICT boys were kicking them. Needs to get his eyes checked I think there was plenty of cynical stuff coming from the Celtic players

We played well and deserved at least a point. Rankin gets better with each game, and Barry was immense today.

For once it was our defence that let us down. What the **** was Hastings doing heading the ball back into the box for their first? I couldn't really see what happened for their winner but again it sounds as though the defence was at fault. I thought Dods was very poor today, his worst game for us. I can't think of him winning a single header against Vanwhateverhisnameis.

Sorry to go against the grain here, but I didn't think Rory was anything special. He did improve a bit as the game went on, and he did have some nice wee touches. But he's got absolutely no pace, he gets brushed off the ball too easily, and his first touch was poor. Without Denzil and Dargo we badly need someone else up front with Bayne.

Overall a great performance.

It was between McAllister and Wilson for my MotM.  McAllister showed he has what it takes to perform at this level and it is up to him now to continue doing what he did today at every opportunity.

He held the ball up well and wasn't afraid to have a go for goal - hopefully now some of the disenters will acknowledge his effort and ability a little more and give the guy a break.

The whole team played with confidence today and deserved a win IMO, so to lose the game to a late goal will be very hard for them to take.

First goal was the fault of Munro who rushed a clearance, sclaffed it and allowed Celtic to come straight back at us from dangerous position.  Fraser had the initial shot well covered but was nothing he could have done when the ball came off the crossbar and fell for the scoring touch.

Second goal was a Dods sclaff and was hard to bare, especially as the goal scorer should have seen a straight red instead of a yellow for shoving Black to the deck.  I've been very critical of Black for his attitude, and I would have expected him to have gone off on one and get a booking for retaliation, but credit where it's due, he kept his cool - a positive sign.

We had 2, maybe 3 penalty claims refused, a couple of corners refused and 3 or 4 offside calls which were a mile off the mark - not to mention the elbow Rory (I think) got in the side of the head and the time Bayne was taken down by the last man who wasn't even given a talking too, let alone booked.  All of these could have led to strong goal scoring opportunities and once again it was a case of the Ref and his assistants favouring the OF.  All that aside though, we still created plenty of opportunities and if we keep on doing that then when it clicks and someone finds the goal instinct we are going to give someone a right hiding.

As IHE said, a very disappointing result and one thats hard to take, but there's a lot of big positives to take from todays perfromance.

Don't think Hastings was entirely to blame for there 1st goal it was a bit of a comedy of errors. A hopeless clearance from Munro then a poor header from Hastings and a woefull attempted clearance from Mcbain  :007:

Still can't make my mind up about Rory. There were times he looked great and other times he looked very one paced and was easily knocked off the ball. Still I'm guessing we shall be seeing him a lot more over the next few weeks now that are 2 top strikers are out with the same injury

Fraser appeared to have another quiet match but did well when called upon

dods i agree, was absolute dire. The amount of times he just hoofed the ball in the air was unreal. Does he not realise we paly our best football by keeping the ball onthe deck??? he may well be off at the end of the season, but jees get a grip

Agree totally regarding bazza. absolutely great performance. Each time he got the ball i kept thinking back to his performances in the past... it was like seeing the barry of old. Definately my man of the match

Hastings should have headed out for a corner. It looked like a nothing ball without a real challenger. McBain didnt exactly help, but i guess he was just muscled out. Poor goal to conceed, but the result stays the same. unfortunately

Guest Arab4Ever

I thought Dods was very poor today, his worst game for us. I can't think of him winning a single header against Vanwhateverhisnameis.

Hes obviously trying to make next week look like a dip in form :022:

To be honest though that was the first non Utd game I have actually enjoyed listening to in quite a while. I was pleased with the result but it sounded like you were on top for much of the game. The amount of late comebacks Celtic have had this season is unbelievable though :007:

Gutted. Thought we deserved a draw from that one. No idea what on earth we were playing at for the goals we conceded but we can be very encouraged by that performance. Celtic were very ordinary today and no one really impressed me from their side.

I thought everyone in our team played well today with excellent contributions from MacAllister and Rankin but Wilson was a stand out. He worked his socks off and he didn't deserve to be on the losing side today. Chuffed he has signed a new deal.

Baynes header was superb as was the cross from Munro in the first place. You knew it was in as soon as he connected.

Brines was dispicable today with some laughable decisions going the way of both sides.

Overall, gutted to lose that one but we can be very encouraged by that performance indeed  :003:

Now that I have got over that gut wrenching last 2 minutes, I really feel I have to say How proud I was of the whole team today. They worked so hard for each other and gave every last ounce of energy. Barry's face and posture at the end told the story.

The Celtic team are paid an absolute fortune and on that showing dont deserve it. I loved seeing Riordan being dispossessed so easily!!