Can you remember ?

You are right bughtmaster but chicken was a treat that you didn't get often, my grandfather was good at catching them and a quick twist of the neck you had the makings of a good dinner :amazed:

• Agree 1

I've always found it quite eerie - a touch of the Blair Witch Project!

God, there's even a bloody purple 'onesie' hanging there - imagine driving past it at night and your headlights caught a glimpse of that...

Hirdle Wood Munlochy, filled my kettle up a few times at that well when working over there.

Selling clothes pegs, like? :lol:

No didn't do that but the water was so good that when drinking my morning tea I would make a wish that I would have time for tea in the afternoon and my wish was granted :wink:

• Funny 1

And who sat on one of these ?

I certainly did for years in the old Royal Academy - and sometimes in the double ones they had in the likes of Room 14. The one in the photo looks in not great nick but on the other hand the last time I saw one of these would have been in the 70s and some of them looked over 50 years old even then. Some of the old desks were so heavily cut into with "adornments" that the surface was too rough to write on anything short of a thick jotter placed on the surface.

Fantastic how well they were made, would cost a pretty penny nowadays for that quality.

A sign of our modern times BM.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this before on another thread but currently in Inverness the Midmills Building (opened 1895), the former Royal Bank, now the Exchange in Academy St (1792) and Dunbar's Hospital (1668) are all still going strong.

All are former homes of Inverness Royal Academy or its predecessor the Grammar School.

However the current Royal Academy building (1977) is a festering tip which may or may not fall down of its own accord before it is pulled down on the opening of the new school.

Well I sat in one of those but I often had to stand up for ....

I had that a few times, most for spelling mistakes in Fort Augustus Primary, the teacher a Mrs Smith was a horrible woman and it didn't improve my spelling :sad: