Can you remember ?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
8 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

frosty windows.jpg

Yes many times when I was a boy, scraping the frost with your thumb nail to see what it was like outside!  Lucky I have not had that for years :smile:

On 4/12/2015 at 11:23 AM, Scotty said:

cant find any pictures ... but remember Campbell Allan's van coming round at lunchtime every weekday, the fish van coming round every other day, the Morrisons Bakery van every morning and the ice cream van at night .... 

notice in the courier online that his wife Cath just passed away https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/family-notices/death-notices/allan-aa071994-v1-94/

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

How may have been on this wee vessel ?

Yup.  My father caused a commotion just after it had turned back, down near Urquhart Castle, and had started heading homewards.

The two wakes that the boat had produced before and after the turn were colliding, and the resulting interference pattern looked just like a row of low-lying extrusions - humps??? - above the water.

A simple "Look at that!" and a pointing hand caused a stampede   :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

An advertising board you would not see now!  Growing up with both my parents and then my 4 sisters and brother following suit I hated the smell of smoke and was the only one in the family not to smoke although as a boy my grandfather smoked the pipe and I didn't mind that smell.

lightbox_092.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
4 hours ago, TheMantis said:

You probably need scissors and sellotape in that photo too 😉

I had a kit for this ... apart from the pencil the kit contained what was basically a razor blade in a handle and a plastic guide track to place the tape in for those of us who are all thumbs ! 

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

I had a kit for this ... apart from the pencil the kit contained what was basically a razor blade in a handle and a plastic guide track to place the tape in for those of us who are all thumbs ! 

Me too - I threw it out not so long ago, when I was tidying up.   

I just recently came across a few cassettes that I haven't digitised.   Including one of my late father's, labelled as "Caley-Thistle merger debate - Sir Robert Cowan".  I have no idea what that is!

Should still have the tape deck. It's either in the attic or under a bed - unless my wife has been tidying up too :lol: