Travel for Scottish Cup Semi

us2

Well now the SFA have screwed us over for the second year running how we all gonna be getting there. By doing this its highly unlikely I will be able to go even though I have the day off for my other half's birthday. How confident are we that we will get special trains with Scotrail transferring over tenders to Arbello on April 1st will they provide or shunt us. Interesting to know anyone's thoughts.

When that team was liquidated after fleecing the game for years, and there was talk of Armageddon for the game, rumblings came about 'listening to the fans'.

So now we get even more insane kick-off times to suit TV companies and armchair supporters with no great interest in the teams involved. Neil Doncaster - keeping crowds low, fans disaffected and sponsors rare!

(Lest anyone plays the CENTRAL BELT BIAS! card, the SFA and Doncaster don't give a monkey's where the supporters or their teams are from, it's TV they're interested in. Sad as it is, Celtic will have loads of supporters in Inverness (and many other distant places) who are also furious about this.

When that team was liquidated after fleecing the game for years, and there was talk of Armageddon for the game, rumblings came about 'listening to the fans'.

So now we get even more insane kick-off times to suit TV companies and armchair supporters with no great interest in the teams involved. Neil Doncaster - keeping crowds low, fans disaffected and sponsors rare!

(Lest anyone plays the CENTRAL BELT BIAS! card, the SFA and Doncaster don't give a monkey's where the supporters or their teams are from, it's TV they're interested in. Sad as it is, Celtic will have loads of supporters in Inverness (and many other distant places) who are also furious about this.

Not only have they sold out to TV, they have, through gross incompetence, hugely undersold out. It would be bad enough if they had had the wit to negotiate a lucrative deal with the broadcasters but the fact that the fans are being messed about for relative peanuts adds considerable insult to injury...

I think we all have to careful here or we are going to get a reputation as whingers. We all know that if we progress to semi's the games are going to be televised and times are not going to suit us. What would we prefer, getting to latter rounds of cups or the team getting knocked out early to save us all the hassle of travel inconvenience. We all know T.V companies rule our game and have done for a long long time and things won't change because ICT are getting to SF and Finals. I will have to take 2 nightshifts off and find a kennels for our dogs but I would rather do that than think about losing a late goal at St Mirren and being knocked out in our first cup game.

• Agree 6

Based on the clubs budgets we are massive underdogs but compare us on tenacity and belief its a pretty even match. I know which club will fear losing the game especially against their bogey Scottish cup team, At I time of day that Celtic have frequently underperformed over the years. Enjoy the build up to a good day out.

• Agree 3

Maybe the TV companies should pay for all travel expenses and fund special trains and buses. After all it is their fault too.

Damn straight. Hopefully they'll pay for my hotel room too.

Given the SFA/SPFL's crazy kick-off times, and their inability to get sponsors for some tournaments, they might consider approaching some of the hotel chains since they do very well out of the authorities' kowtowing to the TV companies.

I think we all have to careful here or we are going to get a reputation as whingers. We all know that if we progress to semi's the games are going to be televised and times are not going to suit us. What would we prefer, getting to latter rounds of cups or the team getting knocked out early to save us all the hassle of travel inconvenience. We all know T.V companies rule our game and have done for a long long time and things won't change because ICT are getting to SF and Finals. I will have to take 2 nightshifts off and find a kennels for our dogs but I would rather do that than think about losing a late goal at St Mirren and being knocked out in our first cup game.

Disagree totally as the main issue is the fact that it is a Sunday. With a bit of thought, our game could have been at 1215 on a Saturday, still not ideal but at least better public transport connections. With declining crowds, SFA need to sell these games more, not just sell out to the TV companies and of course, had the semis not been at Hampden, as used to happen, chances are a venue that was easier to get to might have been chosen.

Disagree totally as the main issue is the fact that it is a Sunday. With a bit of thought, our game could have been at 1215 on a Saturday, still not ideal but at least better public transport connections. With declining crowds, SFA need to sell these games more, not just sell out to the TV companies and of course, had the semis not been at Hampden, as used to happen, chances are a venue that was easier to get to might have been chosen.

Ye the bigger game should have been on the Saturday, as it is 2 SPL teams have to make way for 2 lower division teams who have easier travel arrangements for the Sunday.

had the semis not been at Hampden, as used to happen

While not all semis used to be at Hamden, the games that attract bigger crowds used to be played there. There is no way a Scottish Cup Semi against Celtic would be played anywhere other than Hampden if it was available.

While not all semis used to be at Hamden, the games that attract bigger crowds used to be played there. There is no way a Scottish Cup Semi against Celtic would be played anywhere other than Hampden if it was available.

But the point is they don't have to be. This game could be played at a neutral venue, not in Glasgow, be a sell out and  would still be able to be seen on TV. Atmosphere would be miles better that will be generated at Hampden. Still maintain the SFA could have had our game on the Saturday which would have been a bit better than the Sunday. On a personal level, having the game on a Sunday makes it more difficult for me to travel to so am in danger of not being able to attend. Having been at all our major cup semi finals before, this really annoys me.

But the point is they don't have to be. This game could be played at a neutral venue, not in Glasgow, be a sell out and  would still be able to be seen on TV. Atmosphere would be miles better that will be generated at Hampden. Still maintain the SFA could have had our game on the Saturday which would have been a bit better than the Sunday. On a personal level, having the game on a Sunday makes it more difficult for me to travel to so am in danger of not being able to attend. Having been at all our major cup semi finals before, this really annoys me.

What 'neutral' venue do you have in mind?!

The Global Energy Stadium?

The Global Energy Stadium?

...lights would go out

Where outside Glasgow could you play a semi final involving Celtic? Given that income from both semis is split between all four teams, don't the SFA have a responsibility to maximise revenues? I agree that we have been done over with the game being on a Sunday, but I really don't know where else you suggest they play our match.

Personally I would play it at the largest football ground outside Glasgow, in other words at Pittodrie but that won't happen. Playing at a neutral ground, not Hampden, is the fairest thing but that is just my opinion. It is true SFA have a duty to maximise revenue from these games but they also have a duty to promote the Scottish Cup as well as generate fan interest wich a 1215 kick off on a Sunday does not address either of these points.

Think your point is running out of steam a wee bit here. I can't think of any logical reason why it would be played in Aberdeen, still loads of travel (for far more fans) and the stadium isn't large enough anyway. Edinburgh would be just as bad.

There are 2 stadiums in Glasgow that could be used as a neutral venue and my preference would be Ibrox, but only if they clean it up first. By all accounts the place is filthy now.

Part of the excitement of the overall cup experience is the travelling in large numbers to a neutral venue.  The planning, the journey, that sense of camaraderie, of occasion and expectation somehow mirrors the journey of the team in getting through the rounds to the final stages.  I have to say that I feel for the poor Celtic fans.  Year after year they reach the later stages of one or both of the cup competitions and are denied the experience which encapsulates the very essence of what the cup is all about.

The semi final really ought to be at Pittodrie so that the poor deprived Glaswegians can experience the thrill of the day out as well. The venue is ideal because it is far enough away from Glasgow to maximise the sense of journey.  I'm sure if the SFA realised just how unfair they were being on the poor, hard done by Celtic fans they would change the venue in a flash.