Watkins to Hearts?

PerfICT

In the Daily Express its saying that should Stuart McCall get the Rangers job next season, he wants to sign Marley Watkins.

Can't see Watkins dropping a league to a team with no european chances in the horizon.

May not be dropping a league, depends on the play offs.

In the Daily Express its saying that should Stuart McCall get the Rangers job next season, he wants to sign Marley Watkins.

Can't see Watkins dropping a league to a team with no european chances in the horizon.

Regardless of which league they will be in, we have much more to offer barring money

Regardless of which league they will be in, we have much more to offer barring money

If you were offered a job with a higher wage than you currently get, you wouldn't take it?

Wages aren't everything to some people though especially if a workplace has other benefits although you would imagine that in this profession most footballers would likely take the higher wages.

Again, Watkins was disappointing on Saturday. He looked very off the pace and made a number of mistakes at key moments. He was excellent against Celtic and whilst I'd love to see him stay I don't think, as I've said before, we should get too hung up on the guy.

These rumours follow a pattern.  Speculation appears in the press then some on here start talking down the players involved. It happened with Mackay, it has happened with Shinnie - a fair few on here said he wouldn't give a feck after signing a pre-contract with the Sheep, one or two said he should be dropped !!  Well, he's answered that lot.  Now Watkins.  These players can't help what the hacks write.  The lad is still our top scorer, bar Mackay, and by my reckoning has twice as many assists as anyone else in the team. We would DEFINITELY NOT have beaten Celtic without the contribution of Watkins and Shinnie.  Give the lad a break - he's always been straight with the club by saying he would try and do his best for the club and make a decision at the end of the season. I reckon there's a good chance he will re-sign.

We should get behind ALL our players, who've given us a season that none of us - if we are honest - could have dreamt of.

• Agree 4

I think Watkins (or his agent) wants a move for whatever reason. Yuo can never blame anybody for wanting better for themselves and/or their family and the grass often appears greener (even if it turns out not to be). Going to SeVco would be a terrible decision because there are plenty twists left in that tale yet, some of which involve remaining in the Championship and others resulting in administration.

I hope he stays, but like others suggest above, he's not irreplaceable and Doran will do a different, but highly effective job in his place.

• 2 weeks later...