Post split fixtures, who ? where? why?

12th Man

What a bloody attitude !!! As I have said before inverness does not deserve the team we have . Constant negativity from both so called supporters and those who never bother going to a game !!3rd in the league and in the semi final of Scottish cup , aye I suppose that's a pretty poor effort for a club with such vast resources .Get a grip and get down and back our fantastic club !

• Agree 1

I can see us taking points from Dundee United home (twice) St. Johnstone away, Dundee away and Aberdeen at home (draw?) So we're looking at an achievable 16 points. This takes into account our recent propensity for draws and narrow defeats. There is nothing to suggest that such fine margins cannot be reversed, despite the apathy and negativity generated by some. We are presented with a golden opportunity to finish third here.

What a bloody attitude !!! As I have said before inverness does not deserve the team we have . Constant negativity from both so called supporters and those who never bother going to a game !!3rd in the league and in the semi final of Scottish cup , aye I suppose that's a pretty poor effort for a club with such vast resources .Get a grip and get down and back our fantastic club !

We all support the club, we are all behind the team and want them to win but please excuse some of us for tinging expectation with realism based on recent results and performances.

The club is indeed fantastic which is why, happy clappers or not, we all back it fully...

• Agree 1

Looking at our remaining 6 fixtures, I don't think there is a single game that you'd currently expect us to take 3 points from. 

Sadly, can't disagree.

Frankly, expecting to win games usually ends in disappointment.

The only games we might expect to win at the moment would be against St Mirren and Hamilton. So, the only way that we might expect to win games post-split is to have been in the bottom half!  Not sure anybody would have preferred that!

The whole point of getting in the top 6 is that you get to play the best in the country, so, yes, they'll be tough: wouldn't want it any other way. I'm sure DU are not relishing 2 games against both us and Aberdeen + 1 against Celtic + 2x Tayside derbies. Match their results and we're in 3rd.

Edited by PerfICT
  • Agree 1

I'd expect us to beat Dundee and Saints if we were at home, but as it is we are away, and won't be bookies favourites for either match. Nevertheless I will be there and will hope for a perfectly achievable win each time.

Anyway, if we could somehow win both games v Utd, the other matches don't really matter!

• Agree 1

I can see us taking points from Dundee United home (twice) St. Johnstone away, Dundee away and Aberdeen at home (draw?) So we're looking at an achievable 16 points. This takes into account our recent propensity for draws and narrow defeats. There is nothing to suggest that such fine margins cannot be reversed, despite the apathy and negativity generated by some. We are presented with a golden opportunity to finish third here.

Loving your optimism, Davie, but 16 out of 18 points available??!! My guess is that we'll get ~9 points from 6 and DU will get ~10 points from 7, which would easily see us over the line....any advances on that?

I know we have been in some poor form that lets be honest could have been worse like Utd's for instance. People saying that we may struggle to pick up alot of points have to look at the other side of the coin. The other teams chasing us also have to play each other and could take points off each other. Apart from Celtic and Aberdeen everyone else are very evenly matched. The Dundee Clubs will be tight especially with difference in form and the fact the dark blues have their tales up after breaking their derby hoodo. St Johnstone have been to tannadice and comfortably beaten Utd this season and on their day can match anyone after drawing with Aberdeen and winning at Parkhead. So even if we continue to be a bit dodgy the other clubs may do us a favour. Another thing in our favour is that four of the teams have got more than just points to play for because of location. Aberdeen and Utd wont want to lose to each other St Johnstone and Dundee are derbies so even if they mathematically cant catch us they will still want to beat Utd for pride and even finishing above them.  Looking at us we narrowly lost to Aberdeen on three occasions and we certainly could have taken something at Christmas. We outplayed St Johnstone last time we played them and i know that Perth is not our happiest hunting ground but we can certainly beat them. Dundee have not been impressive in any game we have faced them and we were unlucky not to win a few weeks ago. And then the UTD games itself well they are not going to relish coming north twice so lets be positive. As Davie has said it has been fine margins in this poor run and one win could make everything different and we end the season strongly.    

Edited by gingerjaggy
  • Agree 1

I said achievable, not expected! :wink: I'd love to see what a semi-final win would do for performances - could galvanise this team. Much against DU will depend on the first game against them. They're not great at the moment and if we win that one, they might be scunnered for the second because they won't catch us. Dundee away? Done that already this year. St. Johnstone away I always fear because we've had some gubbings off them when we have least expected it but they don't seem to be the team they have been in the past few seasons. Aberdeen? Depends on whether they are on their holidays or not and Celtic? Hopefully they will be all out for revenge. They can have that.

So that's my thinking  but it'll probably bear no resemblence to the actual event. That's football. :smile:

• Agree 1

Looking at our remaining 6 fixtures, I don't think there is a single game that you'd currently expect us to take 3 points from. 

Going on the evidence of the spirited performance against Celtic, I think the team is more than capable of taking 10 to 12 points from the last 6 games and if we can avoid defeat against United that will secure 3rd place.

Edited by Kind of Blue

Based on the response from the cup SF and attitude of Celtic both the club and fans, should heading there on the last game of the season be a worry?

Celtic players with grudges? harsh challenges and even trying to get players sent off? Its going to be a hostile reception for our players and I'm guessing not many (if any) of our fans want to be there - will this affect the players mentally?

Does Yogi need to keep Josh out of the game regardless if he is playing the final or not, also what about Draper and Tansey - 2 players we know react to provocation? Or am I overly paraniod?

Still a few wks to go yet and the title will be over by then and could even be trophy presentation day so that may be a welcomed distraction for everyone Celtic connected.

I think Celtic will have the title wrapped up before then which will take the edge off the game.  I am sure that Deila would tell his players that any kind of retribution would be extremely bad both for the club and the player concerned.  It will certainly be a very hostile reaction from the crowd which is one very good reason not to include inexperienced youngsters in the side.

As for Josh himself, it may be that he picks up a slight niggle in training and is rested for the game.  In any case, with Warren out of the final I am sure Yogi will want Devine getting some game time.