Media Coverage

ff
AUDIO

TEXT
VIDEO
TEAM LINEUPS
post-2-0-33983800-1428154397.png
Tweets by @ICTFC

Where is everyone?  Don't ever remember an ICT game finishing with absolutely no posts on this thread.

Anyway, lucky to get a draw today according to the stats, but I look forward to the comments from those at the game.

A good favour by County today though.  What form they're in at the moment.  If we'd collected as many points as they have done over the last couple of months, we'd be challenging Celtic.

A couple of tough games coming up before the s/f. I think I'd settle for a couple of draws, but obviously hoping for more.

I was out of the country for most of March with little internet access.   So, I was unaware that Esson had retained his place in the team.  Is this now on merit, or is Brill's injury worse than expected?  Although he was on the bench today.   I always did like Esson and thought he was hard done by to lose his place to Brill in the first place.

Ritchie Foran was sat just behind me today with his arm in a sling. Doesn't look like he will be back anytime soon. As for the game, I thought Ofere was unlucky not to score and it couldn't believe he pushed it wide when it seemed easier to score. Disappointed with Dorans cut in, hitting the side net. We made hard work of it at times, when we were clearly the better team. Another point though and results above and below going our way.

• Agree 1

If the stats say we were lucky to get a draw then the stats are lying.

Dundee looked liked they had cone for a point in the first half, and we didn't start playing til they scored. After that, we were the better side.

Collum isn't any less of a nob either.

The disappointing fact for me today was after we scored our goal, we let the intensity drop. That reply from Dundee's goal is something we need to replicate on a longer basis in the game. Gutted to not get a win considering Dundee United lost today but a point is better than nothing

I thought Graeme Shinnie was really good today.

Edited by ICTRoughi

Encouraging crowd today. Maybe the population of Inverness and district is beginning to wake up to the ICT feats .

Reviewing the text of the BBC commentary of the game, the stats at the end show ICT well ahead in the dominance department.

:clapoverhead: ?

Even game, not much goalmouth action. Collum ruined the game by awarding soft fouls virtually every 30 seconds.

Pretty average performances all round (Shinnie apart). Both teams seemed to cancel each other out.

Edited by AlexJones

Not great viewing unfortunately to many touches , to slow build up with little cutting edge.

Marley struggling in the lone striker role , looks a frustrated figure at the moment.

Need some inspiration from somewhere before next week ,but from where .??

What we learned today:

1. Shinnie is the best left back in Scotland

2. Watkins is not a centre forward

3. Doran has no left foot and was playing in no man's land in the first half

4. Nick Ross has a future

5. Kink is truly awful

6. Ofere has potential

I'm not as downbeat as some. First half, we totally bossed it without creating much. Had no shape on the left because Doran was always inside! Second half was more even and we lost something when Christie and Ross went off. Kink may as well have stayed in the dressing room. We're not so far off our best, but there's a spark missing. Should have cemented 3rd today, but DU are in freefall, so hopefully we can do so in the next couple of games. Need to do more if we want to win the semi!

It'll be ridiculous if Graeme's not on the short-list for Player of the Year! He's been the best left-back for a while now - there are simply no better! I used to like the energy, touch and drive of Emilio Izaguirre, but he's lost a bit of form recently and isn't as effective as Shinnie at supporting attacking moves.

Certainly Team of the Year again for GS, and hopefully more!

But wait!! He'll only get the plaudits he so rightly deserves, including international recognition, when he's at Aberdeen next season!

• Agree 2

Point 5 might be a tad harsh having been given only last 10 mins but how he gets the nod over Danny Williams is quite bemusing.

Point 4 spot on ".....Nick Ross is a talent who is very underated and deserves an extended run playing through the middle not stuck out wide right or left.

Also having a few doubts about how effective the combination of Tansey and Draper is at the moment. Both playing the holding role limits our threat going forward thought Josh was more of a threat when he carried the ball out of the defence.

• Agree 1

I would take issue with 5. I don't think we have seen enough to draw a conclusion.

I'm willing to change this to "Kink has been truly awful for the 25min or so that he's played so far": anyone get excited when they see him coming off the bench? I was doubly disappointed today because he replaced Nick Ross, who was having a good game! Hopefully, my scathing comments will ensure that he comes on to score the winner in the semi...!

Before Kink arrived to us, his last game was back in June 2014 with Estonia. Of course from that fact his match fitness will not be as sharp as others in the team who have been playing very regularly. Although, I was quite surprised that Danny Williams didn't play today. 

Shinnie total class. Missed Williams. I would like to see Brill back v Aberdeen, Ryans distribution is poor. Too much favving about at the back hence we dont get the ball upfield nearly fast enough. Decent crowd, if we take 3000 to Glasgow I'll be happy.

It might just be me, but Esson does not make my erse twitch as much as Brill does when he receives a pass back. I have lost count of the number of times this season people around me resorted to screaming obscenities at Brill because he delayed his clearance to the last 0.1 of a second,

Ryan gets the nod from me, but I believe they are both capable keepers.

This hype about Dee coming here to challenge for a top six berth din't materialize, there was very little flair, no fight and were completely bossed by us in the first half. There was a tricky wind to contend with and we did not master it. Some excellent play and passing and chances were made but not put away. Some good through balls too but all fractionally too strong. The shots that were put in on target were capably handled by the Dee Keeper. The first half was certainly all ours and we should have won the game by half time.

Second half they controlled the wind behind them much better than we ;had done yet still didn't show any real fight and continued to fall down whenever tackled.Willie the ****** helped their cause by continually giving them free kicks, the falling down was so obvious it seemed to really frustrate our side who were beginning to wonder if they should tackle.

Their goal was a gift a mistake in defence a pass to an unguarded player and a well taken shot, albeit saveable in my opinion, put them ahead.

Then an all action ICTwith precision passing and great intent found Graeme in space to rocket the ball into the back of the net, a cracker that earned him MOM.....much more of that would be welcome!

Ofere is a grafter and came close on two occasions both of which got me onto my feet thinking he had scored

No question we were the better team but once again we didn't put away a bundle of chances. Not a bit downhearted though we can still win the rest of our games.

Noteable point with just time to mount a final attack Draper hurriedly ran to pick up a ball that went past the post to speed up play, gave it to  Ryan who faffed about placing it and slowly took the kick.

I would like to see Ofere and Brill start our next games

• Agree 1