Semi final

caleythistleboy

What stand is everyone going for? I'm guessing there will only be around 1500-2000 of us so surely it would be better to be closer together rather than spread out!?

Okay I'll bite. What makes you think we will take that number of fans?

What stand is everyone going for? I'm guessing there will only be around 1500-2000 of us so surely it would be better to be closer together rather than spread out!?

Sadly, I don't think he is going to be far wrong.

I would hope it will be a bit higher than that after the weekends performance but we cant get complacent and have to do that wee bit more for Celtics Scottish cup bogey team to beat them yet again.

I hope the result is kind enough for the Monday papers run with   ' Its all about saving face, saving face, no treble'

I am thinking of putting astroturf in garden instead of grass. What do you think?

If you spend over £500,000 on it and let the community use it it wont cost a penny, send me a pm and I'll do it for 0.5M and you will get £100 cash back.

Where about's is everyone sitting? I'm trying to get the seats with the best view possible but still be amongst the fans, and I don't know where that'll be.

For best view, I'd suggest the south stand. Not sure where most of our fans are going to be situated. 

They're selling them sequentially as far as I'm aware from the corner out towards the south and west stands. So we should be as close together as is reasonably possible I think.

Quite surprised, there seems much less hype and excitement about this game than the semi against Hearts last season. Particularly as it's the 'bigger' cup.

Sadly, I don't think he is going to be far wrong.

I agree. If I am correct with my analysis, we have sold A1 and A2 in west stand (A1 being a very, very small section) and are currently selling A3. Looks like we have sold section P1 in south stand and now selling section P2. So I don't think 2k will be far off the mark come Sunday.

Agree with 2k fans - sadly, I don't feel the buzz that there should be!

However, I'm more concerned about the comments from JH on MFR: "we've tried a few things over the last few games and will shake it up for next week". I said at the time that the 5 at the back against PT was with one eye on the semi. Please, no! Hopefully, it's just a ruse to keep them guessing....

However, I'm more concerned about the comments from JH on MFR: "we've tried a few things over the last few games and will shake it up for next week". I said at the time that the 5 at the back against PT was with one eye on the semi. Please, no! Hopefully, it's just a ruse to keep them guessing....

I really can't see the PT formation getting another airing tbh. At least he knows that didn't work?

I dont understand why there is this lack of buzz. Yes it is Celtic and its an awful Ko time on such a limited day when it comes to travel but we took 7000 to our last semi at Hampden and we weren't even a top flight club then. This is our first semi final in this tournament which is far more prestigious than the league cup and yet if it 2000 is a disgrace. At least make sure we get more than a usual home game. This is no slight on anyone who cant go we all have our reason and there are logistical problems for travel as I have said but why should we be struggling. I will be there and so will the other hard core fans that travel each week to back the team but I feel sorry for the players. We know we are going to be out numbered but to be excited to play at hampden and only see a few thousand in a game where they will need  everyone of us to help them is disappointing. I hope come 12.15 on sunday that we will have more and maybe get towards 5000 as a figure that i think is fairly respectful although judging by the sounds of it we may not even make half of that 

• Agree 3

I really can't see the PT formation getting another airing tbh. At least he knows that didn't work?

The formation at Partick wasn't really the problem.  It was the fact we went with Watkins as the lone striker and hoofed the ball in his general direction for 90 minutes.

Have to agree what others have though.  There seems to be no build-up to this game whatsoever and taking 2,000 as seems to be rumoured would be an embarrassment.  A sad indictment of the interest there is from the local area IMO.

Edited by Renegade

Mind you, it took Hughes long enough to work out that Marley up front didn't work!

I have to concede that I really considered not going to the game. The Sunday itself was a bit of a blow as, probably like a lot of others I am working on Monday. Plus to me a semi final is not just about the game, it is a day out. That means having a few beers before and after the game. Hampden is also a nightmare to get to and made worse by the thousands of Cellic fans en route also. Plus Hampden ain't a novelty any more. When it is half full it is like a graveyard. This would have been better in Embra. I suspect many are looking at this as being a possible hiding and no chance of winning anyway. THAT I disagree with. And I doubt whether the system will be much different to last Saturday. I expect the team to be the same but with Watkins given more freedom to attack with Christie played deeper.

The formation at Partick wasn't really the problem. 

It was. The ball spent most of the time going sideways, and the defence looked suspect.

It did go sideways at times yes.  And then it was inevitably hoofed forward for Watkins to chase.

we took 7000 to our last semi at Hampden

To Hampden? Are you sure it wasn't Seville? :smile: Ian Broadfoot's book says that for the 2004 semi final at Hampden the total crowd was 13,255 and the Inverness fans were outnumbered, which suggests that 7000 is something of an over estimate.

I would be surprised if it was more than 5000, which is in the ballpark of previous big cup games like v Rangers in 1996, Celtic in 2000, Hearts in 2002 and the 2003 semi-final.