Semi final

caleythistleboy

I'll be there. Its costing a fortune in flights and hotels but I couldn't care less. It might be the fact that I don't get to many games due to location but I've got that buzz for this one.

• Agree 6

In truth I think that those citing the 12.15 kick off as the reason for not going are mostly making an excuse. If it was 3.00 they would probably be saying it's too late on a Sunday cos they have to work on Monday.  Of course there will be some who can't make it for perfectly good reasons but by and large those that want to be there will be there.  I don't think our numbers will be great but as long as those that are there get behind the team then the team will get a lift from that.  They will need one too - a Griffiths hat-trick tonight shows that he is a player on form and we will need to be on our very best form to beat Celtic on Sunday.

• Agree 1

What is this all about "a lack of buzz"? The only people I feel a lack of buzz from are the people that are saying there is one. I'm blooming mega buzzing and so is everyone that I know who supports ICT.

• Agree 6

If people think there is a lack of buzz due to less posts on here than for previous semis, maybe it could be attributed to the forum's decline in activity rather than a reflection of our fan's anticipation for the game. 

Edited by Iain

My sentiments exactly Iain! Myself and four other mates that will be attending are all buzzing for this one. No less than any of our previous semi finals. Jäger, champagne and stack of beers already purchased. What defines "lack of buzz" other than low ticket sales? Low ticket sales should not dampen anyone's spirits. We all know we have a poorly supported club and I for one came to terms with that fact a long time ago. Let's enjoy the build up. Buzzin!

If people think there is a lack of buzz due to less posts on here than for previous semis, maybe it could be attributed to the forum's decline in activity rather than a reflection of our fan's anticipation for the game. 

Very true, considering there are less than 3,000 active/inactive members on here, ICTfc has nearly 6,000 likes on facebook and on twitter has nearly 10,100 followers.

It just means there are different conduits for reaching fans and for our last trip to Hampden one of the above didn't exist and no one had heard of the other.

I've heard few say - very few, mind - mutter about us playing Celtic. If that's a factor for some not turning up, then it's a rotten excuse. Be it for less likelyhood of progression or fear of a pumping, I really hope this isn't why some are turning their nose up.

Wasn't for a good while but slowly looking forward to it, although I do have that fear of us getting thrown about the park like a ragfoll, still choosing to spend the day down yonder.

Now, bring me Hampden.

• Agree 1

Absolutely buzzing for this, and if I had to walk to get to this game, believe me I would. Like TheKarl, I had an interesting conversation with an ST holder who's not going on Sunday because "we'll probably get humped". No reason or evidence for this, just a feeling. Also told me was still unconvinced about Hughes because he "doesn't like the way he speaks" You can't account for attitudes like that when all of the evidence points to the contrary, and I don't suppose he liked the way I talked to him after that last point!

Football stirs the passions though, and if doesn't it's maybe time to find something else to occupy your thoughts and spare time. I know that if there's one team that Celtic didn't want in the semi, it's us. If there's one team in Scotland that they are wary of, it's us. There are few teams that would have come back at them as quickly and decisively as we did on Saturday because of the way that they are coached, the passing game and tactics they employ and the character of the side. If there's a manger they respect, it's ours. I know this, because I was told all of the above by a very nice norwegian man after the game at the weekend. Now, why on earth would you not want to believe that this might, just might be our year?

• Agree 13

Well said davie. Great post. I know there are others coming up from southern Englandshire for this (despite the ludicrous kick off time), and I'm sure we're all buzzing, like you.  So much so that this morning I actually looked at flights for the cup final day (30 May).  Nothing like planning ahead!  Really looking forward to being in Hampden again even though some say it might be half full and lacking atmosphere.  Not for us true ICT supporters it won't.  Bring it on.

• Agree 1

Can't abide these glory hunting part-timers!

I recall sitting next to you at our first semi-final v Dundee, when you flew in from China.  This was at the time when H5N1 Bird Flu was sweeping through the Far East, and you kept on sneezing! Hopefully this time you won't be bringing Nipah Virus with you.

Perhaps we should drape protest banners over the empty seats that say thanks to Sky Sports and the SFA dictating the 12.15 kick off we cannot sell tickets to fill these seats.

Spot on! At least someone else on here sees sense to the real problem.

I sadly wont be going. Desperately want to go, but knew as soon as Sky waded in that i couldnt go due to the following...

1) speaking at church in the evening

2) time of kick off

3) ticket prices

4) lack of travel options

I wouldnt be surprised if for most people (2,3,4) is the main reasons why they can't come down.

Look at the stupid issue Rangers and Hearts fans are facing because of the ineptitude of SPFL and Sky sports. Sky and the authorities are killing the game in Scotland!

Perhaps we should drape protest banners over the empty seats that say thanks to Sky Sports and the SFA dictating the 12.15 kick off we cannot sell tickets to fill these seats.

I sadly wont be going. Desperately want to go, but knew as soon as Sky waded in that i couldnt go due to the following...

2) time of kick off

3) ticket prices

I wouldnt be surprised if for most people (2,3,4) is the main reasons why they can't come down.

Look at the stupid issue Rangers and Hearts fans are facing because of the ineptitude of SPFL and Sky sports. Sky and the authorities are killing the game in Scotland!

I can see three out of four of your issues but, trying to be fair to the SFA, the ticket prices are not at all unreasonable for the semi final of the principal national knock out tournament.

• Agree 1

2) time of kick off

3) ticket prices

Number 1 I can understand but-

2- yes its an early start but it's our first game at Hampden in over a decade!

3- Adult ticket from £15, sorry but that's very good pricing and £9 cheaper than going to Pittodrie!

4- Granted not a huge amount of choice but buses are being run for £20 return and leaving for several points across the town.

If you were really frugal about it and took food down etc you could effectively go for £35.

• Agree 3

2) time of kick off

3) ticket prices

Have to agree with others comments re ticket prices. I think £15 for an adult for a national cup final is really reasonable?

Not sure what other travel options could have been arranged either tbh A special train wasn't possible this time and tbh it doesn't look like the demand was there either?

Not going to a Sunday game is a perfectly reasonable choice by yourself but not sure a 3pm Sunday would have suited you either tbh.

• Agree 1

I, too can't go to the game - but I only have a 'list' comprising one reason:

• work (the Sunday papers don't deliver themselves)

But, seriously, I'm working and will miss out - but, I'm not complaining, as it's my choice to work in the public sector, which often requires shifts at weekends.

Forza, fair play - you're like me - disappointed at being unable to attend - but folk have other commitments in life outside of football.

gingerjaggie - I take issue with your assertion that only 'hard core' fans will be there.

The term 'hard core' and the ridiculous expression (not from you) that some individuals are 'big' fans of such-and-such a club are so divisive - supporting a club is a constant - work and social-life 'constraints' are variable. People that want to support their club will be there when they can

Edited by Sneckboy
  • Agree 2

I haven't been home in years and that's mostly due to the rise in travel costs over the past few years - long gone are the days of a cheapy flight into Prestwick.

But this is a special one and it's killing me that I can't join you - I'd have bitten down the costs and stayed in a b&b overnight but like Sneckboy I'm stuck at work this weekend, and what's even worse is that I'll be working on the cup final weekend too so will miss out on our biggest ever party when we stuff the Hibees.

Enjoy it all folks, we ain't gonna get another chance for 12 months  :smile:

• Agree 3

I, too can't go to the game - but I only have a 'list' comprising one reason:

• work (the Sunday papers don't deliver themselves)

But, seriously, I'm working and will miss out - but, I'm not complaining, as it's my choice to work in the public sector, which often requires shifts at weekends.

Forza, fair play - you're like me - disappointed at being unable to attend - but folk have other commitments in life outside of football.

gingerjaggie - I take issue with your assertion that only 'hard core' fans will be there.

The term 'hard core' and the ridiculous expression (not from you) that some individuals are 'big' fans of such-and-such a club are so divisive - supporting a club is a constant - work and social-life 'constraints' are variable. People that want to support their club will be there when they can

^^^ Not a hard core fan.

I'll be setting off flares in Central from around 10:00 if any hardcore fans want to join me.

actie_ajax_rkc.jpg

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 2

Finally, getting the butterflies for Sunday! Can't believe how low key the whole build up has been about the semi finals (not just in Inverness). Agree 100% with Davie - we're the last serious obstacle left to upset Celtic's treble applecart.....and they know it! Play at our best and we can win this!!!!!

Last minute goal in extra time from Nick Ross to win it.....you heard it here first!

Finally, getting the butterflies for Sunday! Can't believe how low key the whole build up has been about the semi finals (not just in Inverness). Agree 100% with Davie - we're the last serious obstacle left to upset Celtic's treble applecart.....and they know it! Play at our best and we can win this!!!!!

Last minute goal in extra time from Nick Ross to win it.....you heard it here first!

After we have been reduced to nine men.....

• Agree 2