Semi final

caleythistleboy

Finally, getting the butterflies for Sunday! Can't believe how low key the whole build up has been about the semi finals (not just in Inverness). Agree 100% with Davie - we're the last serious obstacle left to upset Celtic's treble applecart.....and they know it! Play at our best and we can win this!!!!!

Last minute goal in extra time from Nick Ross to win it.....you heard it here first!

Its kind of good in a way that its a bit low key,think of it as the calm before the storm.
  • Agree 1

Okay it's time to start getting properly nervous and excited. Travelling down today, meeting up with family flying up from Birmingham, a night out in Glasgow and the semi-final tomorrow. So nervous about night out in Glasgow and excited about the game. SuperCaleyGoBallisticCelticAre..........possibly the better team but we can still win.

• Agree 1

Don't think anyone saying that you must attend. Folk have good reasons for not doing so ie work,. However some of the lame excuses being trotted out are a tad annoying to say the least imho

It's my other half's 21st birthday on Sunday so normally wouldn't be going but she has insisted we are so Hampden here we come. Safe travel down all see you tomorrow when we beat Celtic :) 

• Agree 1

Would love to go, but working in the Middle East where the working week starts on Sunday and not enough holidays to get back for this one.  At the moment I am due back on the 5th of June, but hopefully by tomorrow night will have an excellent reason to change my flights to the previous week.

Hampden here we come. Just getting ready to set off for a night in Edinburgh and then travel through to Glasgow tomorrow.

All I ask is that the team gives it all and hopefully plays close to the winning style of football that has been produced throughout the season.  I think the experience of last year's final will help settle the players in tomorrow.  GOOD LUCK LADS. 

If anyone was feeling particularly flush they could have solved their semi final travel problems in a rather unique way. Driving now around Inverness is an "all the 2s" taxi in full Caley Thistle livery with club badges and large images of three players, all on a white background. It is really eyecatching and extremely impressive.

I am told that this is a deal done by the club's commercial department and I have to say that I think this is an excellent means not only of advertising ICT but also of generally projecting its image.

This would have been a grand, albeit rather expensive way of getting to the semi, but at least that's Paul Sheerin sorted for getting back to his hotel when he next visits Inverness. :wink:

I was sitting in my car on Stratherrick Road when the guy went past me and I must have given him a very obvious double take because he stopped and wound down his window.

"Very nice!" I told him. He offered me a swap and I was quite tempted :lol:

Gosh, it's so quiet on here. Has everyone left for Glasgow already or tucked up in bed for the early start? I'm just heading to mine now and will be up at 6am to set off before 7 but don't think I'll sleep much - thinking about the game. 

Edited by Row S

We're here! Burghead to Burnley Lancashire (Saturday birthday party) to Hampden but the first ICT fan we speak to has come up from Watford on train :0 Come on ICT ... give us another big day againdt Falkirk!

I, too can't go to the game.....I'm working and will miss out

A blessing in the end, you didn't miss much.

No spoilers! I've got it recorded on SKY+ and intend to watch it this afternoon - as, yet I've managed to 'avoid' hearing the score.

• Agree 1

I, too can't go to the game.....I'm working and will miss out

A blessing in the end, you didn't miss much.

No spoilers! I've got it recorded on SKY+ and intend to watch it this afternoon - as, yet I've managed to 'avoid' hearing the score.

Skip the first half, without giving anything away, all the decent action is in the second half and extra time..