Inverness CT -V- Celtic (Cup)

Scotty

Here's my "glass half empty" thought for the day. We've now played 6 semi-final matches in the major cups, and over 90 minutes we failed to win any of them!

:getmecoat::lol:

We get more football for our money!

Glass totally full moment ...we've won our last two semi's

What a lovely trip up for me, the sleeper coach was better than expected, the Clockwork pub excellent for the pre-match drink (well done to whoever sorted that out). Thanks to Top Six for sorting my ticket out, and great to meet our with more members of this forum

• Agree 1

Sorry, but I find it quite pathetic. Clearly written by youngsters or intellectually challenged adults (and I apologise if that's the case). If I read the OUTPUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTT on that 'Twitter@ feed as a GIRUP neutral, I'd imagine we were A !!!!!CHAMPIONEES!!!! hland League team.........

Just had a look to see our line-up for todays game - surprise, surprise....nothing. I have friends who support other clubs and I used to try to defend our Twitter - but I've given up - it is utterly amateurish.

You are in the minority. It has been a great advert for the club - witty, funny and informative. I think you are misreading entirely the tone of it, and the way it speaks to people - it's a certain style which many are familiar with from blogs, tweets and social media, and is more clever than you think. Long may it continue. That feed during the semifinal was classic, and played its part in the huge enjoyment of the day.

• Agree 3

Sorry, but I find it quite pathetic. Clearly written by youngsters or intellectually challenged adults (and I apologise if that's the case). If I read the OUTPUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTT on that 'Twitter@ feed as a GIRUP neutral, I'd imagine we were A !!!!!CHAMPIONEES!!!! hland League team.........

Just had a look to see our line-up for todays game - surprise, surprise....nothing. I have friends who support other clubs and I used to try to defend our Twitter - but I've given up - it is utterly amateurish.

If you know someone willing to volunteer to halp with Dev league info for media team I'm sure they'd becdelighted to hear from you? Only a small band of volunteers who work as well. Think folk expect far too much when in fact we are really lucky!

• Agree 1

You are in the minority. It has been a great advert for the club - witty, funny and informative. I think you are misreading entirely the tone of it, and the way it speaks to people - it's a certain style which many are familiar with from blogs, tweets and social media, and is more clever than you think. Long may it continue. That feed during the semifinal was classic, and played its part in the huge enjoyment of the day.

I may well be older, and indeed, now in the minority. However, the Scottish Cup final is a bigger deal for those of us who watched games at Telford Street, Kingsmills Park and beyond.

Much of our core support are youthful and are a massive part of the club's future - they have grown-up with, and embrace 'social media'.

But there's also a significant proportion who haven't.

I heard about the twitter feed from the game on Radio 4 Sports desk - and believe me it was NOT complimentary!

We were spoken about with disdain, and the chuckles of embarrassment were quite excruciating - and frankly, they were taking the ****.

Sometimes, all publicity is not good! I doubt they'd still be calling us "little Inverness ceilidh" if we perhaps presented ourselves a bit more professionally on these 'platforms'.

• Agree 1

I may well be older, and indeed, now in the minority. However, the Scottish Cup final is a bigger deal for those of us who watched games at Telford Street, Kingsmills Park and beyond.

Much of our core support are youthful and are a massive part of the club's future - they have grown-up with, and embrace 'social media'.

I heard about the twitter feed from the game on Radio 4 Sports desk - and believe me it was NOT complimentary!

We were spoken about with disdain, and the chuckles of embarrassment were quite excruciating - and frankly, they were taking the ****.

Sometimes, all publicity is not good! I doubt they'd still be calling us "little Inverness ceilidh" if we perhaps presented ourselves a bit more professionally on these 'platforms'.

Sorry but the cup final is a bigger deal for you because you watched games before a lot of our support was even born?

A lot of my mates from school and uni have text me saying the twitter is brilliant and they wish their teams was a lot more like ours

I quite accept that the style isn't for everybody, but it doesn't diminish the momentous nature of what we have achieved. Radio 4 can have laugh at our expense if they like, but most people will appreciate and warm to a club which can show a self-deprecating sense of humour while also playing some of the best football I have seen in the SPL this year. We have plenty of professionalism, this is another string to our bow which doesn't detract from that, but enhances our appeal as something different and refreshing on the Scottish football scene. I can see how you might think it is 'amateurish', but I would argue that it is actually much more aware of its own deliberate exaggeration, which gives it its humour, and it is that guile and wit which has attracted a lot of praise and attention. Intelligence and humour - when did you last encounter those qualities in Scottish football? Put it this way - can you imagine Celtic having a sense of proportion or humour about what happened on Sunday? Whatever, enjoy the final and don't let Twitter put you off - I am looking forward to it, and it will bring in a lot of people to our cause. The future is bright.

I heard about the twitter feed from the game on Radio 4 Sports desk - and believe me it was NOT complimentary!We were spoken about with disdain, and the chuckles of embarrassment were quite excruciating - and frankly, they were taking the ****.

BBC pish reporting shocker.

On another note, at least being at the game spared me Walker's commentary on Sky, I heard he was utterly seething.

• Like 1

I may well be older, and indeed, now in the minority. However, the Scottish Cup final is a bigger deal for those of us who watched games at Telford Street, Kingsmills Park and beyond.

Much of our core support are youthful and are a massive part of the club's future - they have grown-up with, and embrace 'social media'.

I heard about the twitter feed from the game on Radio 4 Sports desk - and believe me it was NOT complimentary!We were spoken about with disdain, and the chuckles of embarrassment were quite excruciating - and frankly, they were taking the ****.

BBC pish reporting shocker.

On another note, at least being at the game spared me Walker's commentary on Sky, I heard he was utterly seething.

I may have said this before, but Andy Walker is a tw@t

• Like 1

Nowt wrong with our Twitter, I find it more informative and fairer than OAM and many of the few radio broadcasts involving our side.

:ictscarf:      ICT for the Cup          :cheer01:

This is just a test

I have no idea who writes the ICT twitter feed, but I have a mental image of it being Alan Partridge.

It is clearly written by a kid. GGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

On the Official Club Twitter outlet - available to anybody, worldwide.

"omg omg omg"

You wouldn't see Aberdeen's Twitter spouting such rubbish - they don't demonstrate, or let slip any display of weakness against Celtic - why are we so clearly, demonstrably, in awe of them, betrayed by ridiculous outpourings off glee for having even scored against them!!!

Can't believe anyone would be bothered by this tbh.

Have to disagree that those of us that stood at Telford St or Kingmills appreciate this more tbh. Yes we are more aware of the huge leap/journey we've taken but if you'd seen my teenage boys faces on Sunday at our goals and at the end you'd not have thought that! Their team through and through and they were emotional and proud!

• Agree 1

ffs Sneckboy. It appears that humour and twitter have completely whooshed you. Or are you simply winding us all up? It may not be everybody's cup of tea, but live and let live. Just goes to show how stoic and humourless Aberdeen's twitter is.

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

Oh my.................... look what the official Aberdeen twitter have been tweeting

We'll have live & biased commentary from Pittodrie in around 20 minutes on REDTV as The Dons prepare to take on Celtic! #DonsLIVE

• 3 years later...