venue for Scottish Cup final

Can't believe this is even being discussed tbh. Our players wanted Hampden yesterday and were inspired by it! Hampden it is. End of discussion for me.

I completely agree. Finals at Hampden without the OF make it even more enjoyable, as I have witnessed in recent years.

Interesting that Hearts v Gretna in 2006 attracted more than Hearts v Hibs in 2012. 

We all (fans, club, monied directors and employers, bus and train companies) need to make as much effort as possible to entice as many folk to attend. I'm already looking into booking a coach-load into Cambuslang Bowling Club for pre-final lunch and bar.    

Allocate the 9000 seat North Stand as a "Neutral Zone". With sensible pricing this could be sold out. Families will be attracted to a SC Final due to the absence of trouble because of the 2 teams involved.

East and West stands are about 12000 each. These are allocated to us and Falkirk.

South Stand can take the Falkirk overspill and all the sponsors/hospitality etc.

Could be 40,000+ with this configuration.

Well, North and South should be for the teams involved. Not sure I favour a 'Neutral Zone', firstly because I hate Star Trek, and secondly because neutrals can just go to one or other of the dedicated sections. Imagine a few hundred aggrieved Celtic fans bought tickets for the NZ and booed every time Meekings was on the ball.

We've all been to games as neutrals and you just blend in with one or other lot of supporters.

Not at all. Would you care to expand on your hostility?

Hampden is the National Stadium and when available has always been used. It is a honour for any player and fan to go and play in or watch a Scottish Cup Final and wether there are 5000 or 50000 there it's where the cup final should be played. No hostility just think it's a bizzar post.

By the way the comment was about the thread not your post.

Edited by Big G

Not at all. Would you care to expand on your hostility?

Hampden is the National Stadium and when available has always been used. It is a honour for any player and fan to go and play in or watch a Scottish Cup Final and wether there are 5000 or 50000 there it's where the cup final should be played. No hostility just think it's a bizzar post.

By the way the comment was about the thread not your post.

Ah okay. Apologies. You should maybe have said "thread" instead of "post".and I'd have got your meaning.

Of course the final will be at Hampden as it always should be. Would be nice though to have a near full house to ram the words of the Glasgow media back down their throats.

Im with Tob on this one but would change the stands. Keep the neautrals, families, knobs with jester hats and face painting behind the goal. There they can all sit in peace and chant Calee Calee every so often.

The regular, loyal and passionate fans of ICT and Falkirk who actually know the songs, can be split in the North Stand. Being close to one another will create an added atmosphere in one stand.

And the corporate and Main Stand sweetie rustlers in the South Stand

Happy days (Y)

• Agree 1

The major national cup final on a Saturday at a sensible time in the early Summer sunshine.

Even given the general apathy of the Inverness public towards it's greatest ever sporting achievers, I am confident we will take in excess of 10,000.

Agree. The buzz at work from everybody (not just ICT fans, but even those who don't like football) is immense. It has captured the imagination and I'm sure plenty will take their extended families and friends. 8-9k for leugue cup final in winter will translate into 12k for the season finale in (hopefully) summer sunshine, with all the hype and build up. Again, I don't really care how many are there, so long as I am one of them!

I cant believe we are talking about how to entice folks to attend the cup final. Its a cup final. If people still dont want to turn out to support this team then thats up to them but they are missing out on our brand of football and something special happening. I really dont think anyone should be looking to the SFA to have reduced price tickets, alter venues, kick off times, free balloons or anything else - this is a national cup final, that in itself should be enough for anyone interested in the club and if its not well so be it. Even thinking of asking this makes us look like a small club needing favours and probably vindicates the SFA & media in their disdain for us.

• Agree 1

I cant believe we are talking about how to entice folks to attend the cup final. Its a cup final. If people still dont want to turn out to support this team then thats up to them but they are missing out on our brand of football and something special happening. I really dont think anyone should be looking to the SFA to have reduced price tickets, alter venues, kick off times, free balloons or anything else - this is a national cup final, that in itself should be enough for anyone interested in the club and if its not well so be it. Even thinking of asking this makes us look like a small club needing favours and probably vindicates the SFA & media in their disdain for us.

If free balloons and moderate ticket prices is what it takes then so be it, I'll even volunteer to inflate a few hundred..balloons that is not ticket prices.

• Agree 1

Talking to my builder , ( who is doing some jobs for me), a Manchester United fan, says he will be there. Very excited to be going to a cup final.

Lots of locals will go who have never been to a ICT match before.

I think the SFA should only charge a fiver for tickets that would ensure a decent crowd of neutrals

...and a very poor pay day for the participating teams both of whom have to run very tight financial ships and deserve the financial windfall their achievements will bring. A sensible pricing structure is what is required not a ridiculous giveaway...

The popularity of Scottish cup finals surprises me somewhat . Compared to the cup finals at Wembley they are very poor. Johnson's paint finals sometimes  get better gates, or league one play offs. Looking at the recent gates, the match including Gretna got one of the biggest turn outs the link below shows what I mean

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Scottish_Cup_finals

Scotland has 9% of the population of England and, as such, football, including national finals, is proportionally considerably better supported than it is South of the border...

In fact, in Europe only Albania has a higher proportion of the population regularly attending professional football matches.

• Agree 1

Apparently looking at the list of winners East Fife seem to be the only team to have won the cup outside the top flight. We don't want to be the club that changes that record.

• Agree 1