venue for Scottish Cup final

Scotland has 9% of the population of England and, as such, football, including national finals, is proportionally considerably better supported than it is South of the border...

In fact, in Europe only Albania has a higher proportion of the population regularly attending professional football matches.

STILL SURPRISES ME

I REKON THE PERCENTAGE OF THE POPULATION OF THE TRADITIONAL COUNTY PALATINE OF LANCASHIRE WATCHING ASSOCIATION FOOTBALL MUST EXCEED EXCEEDS ANY AREA OR REGION ON THE PLANET

Edited by Laurence

The venue is big but if seating is allocated sensibly then it can look full. Saturday had around 25k and sunday over 28k. Both relatively small crowds but I didn't think atmosphere was affected. Its what makes the day that matters and not the numbers. I'm sure we can rustle up 10k and Falkirk about 15k. Nice weather and that could be even more. The only thing I can see that could affect the neutrals is the play-off finals that weekend but who cares. We are in the final ofthe biggest trophy in Scotland so should savour the moment and not get tied up in crowd figures. Sadly I'll be in Angola for it.

Scotland has 9% of the population of England and, as such, football, including national finals, is proportionally considerably better supported than it is South of the border...

In fact, in Europe only Albania has a higher proportion of the population regularly attending professional football matches.

STILL SURPRISES ME

I REKON THE PERCENTAGE OF THE POPULATION OF THE TRADITIONAL COUNTY PALATINE OF LANCASHIRE WATCHING ASSOCIATION FOOTBALL MUST EXCEED EXCEEDS ANY AREA OR REGION ON THE PLANET

If you press the 'Caps Lock' key you will find that you will find lower case letters and thus not need to shout..

• Agree 3

The popularity of Scottish cup finals surprises me somewhat . Compared to the cup finals at Wembley they are very poor. Johnson's paint finals sometimes get better gates, or league one play offs. Looking at the recent gates, the match including Gretna got one of the biggest turn outs the link below shows what I mean

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Scottish_Cup_finals

You can't just go on attendance - the stadium capacity is an absolute limit. The all Edinburgh final could easily have sold plenty more tickets.

Have heard from loads of neutrals who intend to try to attend the match. I think the actual turnout could surprise people.

And perhaps this at last is the occasion that could empty Tesco etc on a Saturday afternoon and energise Inverness around their team. The club, the sponsors, the players and most of all the supporters have to get out and about and persuade people that this is the event we believe it is.

• Agree 4

Enough of the nonsense about begging neutrals to turn up and slashing the entrance fee. Charge the proper amount and the fans will turn up. Get rid of the inferiority complex please. This is a history making time for the club and the city, people will turn up and bring their kids. Let's not start calling those who don't usually go to games "glory hunters" or other derogatory terms. The excitement will build and we will have a great cup final.

Edited by roarer
  • Agree 7

Enough of the nonsense about begging neutrals to turn up and slashing the entrance fee. Charge the proper amount and the fans will turn up. Get rid of the inferiority complex please. This is a history making time for the club and the city, people will turn up and bring their kids. Let's not start calling those who don't usually go to games "glory hunters" or other derogatory terms. The excitement will build and we will have a great cup final.

Well said...

• Agree 1

I have friends and clients who are Ross County, Aberdeen and St Johnstone fans who all want to come and support us. Most of them do because we beat Celtic and share our hatred of them. 

I'm buying a ticket for The Jailender.

Gordy Jack coming too? Gordon loves ICTFC. He even attended a match in Dundee on our way to the Scottish League Cup final last season.

Edited by TopSix
  • Agree 1