Compliance Officer / Justice for Meekings

RossP

Anyone clued up enough to know whether Meekings can be retrospectively punished by the compliance officer? 

I can handle having only Warren missing, but the thought of Meekings also being out fills me with dread! 

Major props to Nick Ross for what seems to be him taking responsibility for the yellow card in an effort to clear Draper to make the final, whilst ruling himself out in the process. 

I don't know the answer re: compliance officer but the fact nobody in the media has spoken about it being a possibility I would assume that he should be ok.

In terms of Nick Ross, is he ruled out? When did he get his other yellow card?

Apart from being unfair on the players it is just another silly rule that favours the bigger clubs with greater squad depths.  What is particularly galling is that yellow cards are often dished out for very minor offences whilst more serious offences don't seem to prompt a card.  There is also no opportunity to appeal them so players can miss out on what ought to be a career highlight simply on the whim of an incompetent referee or as a result of an opponent who has conned the ref.

• Agree 2

Brian Graham got a ban for diving though?

Simulation is classed as serious foul play

It's not, hence why simulation is awarded a yellow card (for unsporting behaviour). The compliance officer gave Graham the option of a two match ban for his cheating as it had a direct result on the outcome of the match... Similar story with the Celtic Dutch lad that dived last year.

Once the ref's report is in, we'll find out later this week if any disciplinary action is to be taken. The more I think about it, the more I reckon he'll be suspended :-/

Not at all sure on this one. Hopefully, the ref will say that he saw the ball strike his arm but maintains that he felt Meekings had no time to move it out the way. If he sticks to those guns, there's no cause for the compliance officer to be involved. If he says he didn't see it, then there might be retrospective action? Who knows how this all works.

What exactly do people think Meekings could/would be cited for?

He's not committed an act of Serious Foul Play, he's not sought to Deceive a Match Official and as (at least) two officials had a clear view of it then it can't be deemed an incident happening outside their view.

Citing a player on any other basis would, IMO, be total and utter folly and would take little/no effort to have it thrown out.

• Agree 5

He's not committed an act of Serious Foul Play, he's not sought to Deceive a Match Official and as (at least) two officials had a clear view of it then it can't be deemed an incident happening outside their view.

Citing a player on any other basis would, IMO, be total and utter folly and would take little/no effort to have it thrown out.

Reassuring to hear. Any chance we can put in a request for clarification as to why the Ofere penalty wasn't given in extra time?   :lol:

• Agree 2

I recall Celtic sending an official complaint to Uefa seeking 'clarification' over their defeat against Juventus a couple of years back. Something to do with shirt tugging?

Clearly this conspiracy goes all the way to the top.

Edited by AlexJones
  • Agree 2

I hope (and think) you're right, CaleyD, but this is the SFA...