Compliance Officer / Justice for Meekings

RossP

I keep hearing this 'if it'd been 11 v 11'nonsense...well it was 11v11 when they had a player sent off and it was still only 1-0 at that time. This argument that they'd have won is so arrogant it beggars belief.

I will be so pd off if we don't fight this all the way, it's an absolute disgrace that one club can dictate the way the game is run in this country.

It'd be good to get fans of every other club involved as well, there's a fair degree of outrage on all the forums I've looked at.

The sooner that lot ****** off down to England the better.

• Agree 7

This is my first comment for a long time but like everyone else on here can't believe this decision.

Just heard John Collins on news staing that if they had been given the decision they would have won

Says who John ??? It's like dealing with kids in the playground .Why do Celtic think they have the God

given right to win everything ?

I attend all home and away games and if this decision is not overturned God help the refs because I

can honestly say their are decisions missed at every game and this is going to open the floodgates

like they have never been opened before.

Now I think as fans we have all to get fully behind our team and give them all the support we can

because in the end of the day we are going to Hampden and Celtic are not.

The SFA have just proved what we all suspected how they don't want teams from the Highlands

In the League .

This is such a sad situation and Josh is not a nasty player it would be criminal if he misses the

biggest game of his career.With that in mind I would be more than happy to make a donation to

the Club to with the cost of this appeal .If anyone knows how this can be arranged please

advise .

Well said Izzy , I'm absolutely disgusted & the arrogance sickens me !!   count me in also towards cost of appeal 

We are all behind you Josh  :ictscarf:  :ictscarf:  :ictscarf:

• Agree 2

Despicable that Celtic have such power over the SFA and their "Compliance Officer".   Makes a mockery of football and referees.   I do hope our lawyer has as much power as Dundee United's one - if Josh has to miss the Final, then there is no justice in football for the "minor" teams.   When ICT appeal a red card, it is rejected more often than not, when Celtic (and more recently for blatant issues - Dundee United)(shifty Cifcti for example), then it is rescinded, so it is blatantly obvious that there is one rule for the teams with loadsamoney and another rule for the supposed "also rans ".    So unfair for ICT to be victimised in such a way.     What about their goalie assault on Ofere (no word of that), what about Scott Brown should have had a second card and thus a red (no word of that).  Oh but they play for Celtic.  So, nothing done or said.   I rest my case.   Furious.

• Agree 7

An interesting point I saw made on P&B, in that the Compliance Officer is there to pick up incidents that the refereeing team has not dealt with at the time. By the accounts I have read, the ref saw there may be a claim, consulted with the additional assistant, who said he did not see an infringement, and the ref waved play on. Therefore the incident was dealt with at the time, the Compliance Officer has no jurisdiction and any suspension cannot be upheld.

• Agree 14

Count me in too, with any monies required.   Josh - stay strong - we are all behind you and, ignore these morons who shouldn't be allowed a vote or to enter any football stadium in the UK.

• Agree 2

Sportsound saying Yogi's comments on the radio last night may have condemned Joss to be banned. Yogi said it was a hand ball and Josh should have been sent off.

John Hughes has no more part in the decision-making process than Ronny Deila has.

I am as furious and sickened as anyone but I do think "justice" is not the word for this. I think we all agree if the ref sees it it's a sending off and a penalty. My problem with this is it is the officials that have not done their job but it is not them the SFA are publicly condeming. If every hand ball that isin't seen goes to the SFA disciplinary board the queue would stretch from Hampden to TCS.

Following Sportsound on radio just now and the comments from the prevoius compliance officer, sounds like Josh will be hard pushed to avoid not missing the final, if this is the case will be utterly gutted for him & the team.

Apparently John Collins was in a similar position for Scotland.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/I%27m+no+hand-ball+cheat%3B+Says+JOHN+COLLINS.-a061328561

John Collins admitted yesterday that it was a penalty when he handled on the goal line to stop Holland scoring. 

But midfield star Collins, given star rating in Scotland's battling 0-0 draw with Holland at Villa Park on Monday, insisted: "I didn't do it deliberately. 

"It's my job at corners and setpieces to guard the back post, and that's exactly what I was doing. 

"The ball bounced up and definitely hit my hand, but it appears the referee didn't see what happened, despite the Dutch claims for a penalty. 

"It was purely involuntary. I didn't stick out my left arm on purpose. 

"You just don't have time to think in the heat of the moment. The possibility that the referee might send me off for deliberate handball to prevent a goal being scored never entered my head." 

Double standards as usual, we need to fight this all the way.

• Agree 3

Just saw a post from a deluded celtic fan on P&B saying  "Good call by the SFA. Hope justice prevails and he misses the final. No place in football for cheats"

What he obviously doesnt understand is that means celtic should only be able to then field on average about 3 players every week, from their under 5's team if thats the case

Hope the appeal is upheld and josh is cleared to play in the biggest game of ICT's short but glorious existance just to stick it to central belt media bias and the seethe fest thats coming out of so called paradise faithful

• Agree 3

This is b0llocks.

I've taken it! I've taken it.

Ring any bells, a disallowed goal from a corner kick which was perfectly legal. Didn't the officials change their story afterwards.

Meekings puts his head down it looks like he probably heads the ball, the ball was surrounded by 4 moving players. The ref didn't see it happen.

How many instances has a player handled a ball in the box and been given a yellow afterwards??? who says it was going in.How can you prove its intentional.If you can't contest a yellow how can you issue one after a match.

This looks like a case for Ciftis lawyer.

• Agree 1

I really can't see how this can be seen as deliberate. However, I fear that he'll be the scapegoat to appease the disgusting hoards.

I'll say this: if Josh is banned for the final, we'll win it for sure. The sense of injustice would be irresistible and the boys would do it for Josh and Gary.

Let's hope that, for once, there's a sensible outcome. There's rage about this from across Scotland.

• Agree 2

Everyone seems to be of the opinion that the ref didn't see it. The ref did see something. He then consulted with goal judge. Outcome we're not sure if it was deliberate. And thatis the crux of the whole arguement. Was it deliberate. Personally I dont think so. I think Josh gets into a position to try and head the ball. Griffiths gets to it first. There is no way on this earth that anyone would have the reflexive action required, at such close range, to  react in a deliberate manner. Therefore the outcome has to be that it was not  deliberate therefore not a foul and certainly not a sending of.

McLean did no wrong either. He acted exactly as his superiors teach. If in  doubt dont penalise. The people who are very much in the wrong in all this are the people in the ivory tower of Hampden. They are miffed that a bigger team is not in the final. They are miffed that their payday is not going to be so big. Why else would they succumb to the pressure of one Scottish football club over another. Why else would they not act as a neutral agent but instead side with the big Glasgow club.

The big problem, and one thats going to kill the game, in Scottish football is that for too many years the people in the ivory towers have lined their own pockets at the expense of the provincial clubs and the fans. Nobody has the balls to challenge them. Its high time that club chairmen got themselves organised and started to question the powers of the select few. Its high time this whole game in Scotland was taken by the short and curlies and given a real good shake up.

• Agree 8

That is the sheer stupidity of it all. You either do it totally deliberately which means that you had to consider all the options or you did not mean it and it was the instinctive reaction of a professional future. IF the Judgement is a one match ban then it is the end of football. The SFA have bowed to pressure from Cellic and they are the laughing stock of the world.

• Agree 2

It's neither here nor there if it was deliberate. Fact is, the officials missed it and it wasn't given. You can't then change the rules completely just cos one club, with all the resources and a belief that they have a god given right to win everything, doesn't like the result.

Henry wasn't punished when he handballs against ROI because there's nothing in the rule book that allows for a retrospective punishment for handball. There still isn't as far as I know. So either the SFA have different laws to every other footballing nation in the world, or they're simply pandering to a club that has influence way beyond what's acceptable.

This could be the most ludicrous decision taken yet by ANY footballing governing body and has the potential to have far reaching, negative, consequences for our game.

And all cos they don't like losing.

• Agree 6

It's neither here nor there if it was deliberate. Fact is, the officials missed it and it wasn't given. You can't then change the rules completely just cos one club, with all the resources and a belief that they have a god given right to win everything, doesn't like the result.

Henry wasn't punished when he handballs against ROI because there's nothing in the rule book that allows for a retrospective punishment for handball. There still isn't as far as I know. So either the SFA have different laws to every other footballing nation in the world, or they're simply pandering to a club that has influence way beyond what's acceptable.

This could be the most ludicrous decision taken yet by ANY footballing governing body and has the potential to have far reaching, negative, consequences for our game.

And all cos they don't like losing.

Listen to Stephen McLean here then then tell me its neither here nor there. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/26159324