Compliance Officer / Justice for Meekings

RossP

Celtic's actions are extremely biased because they think that who they are entitles them not only to special treatment but the sentiment that this treatment will be given to them and that, in their opinion, this is only natural justice and therefore an extreme likelihood. Favorable terms is therefore an expected foregone conclusion in their minds.

If it does then there is undoubtedly a cancer in Scottish Football that needs drastic action to have it excised once and for all. Have you heard a single word out tof Celtic's Management to the effect that ICT worked very hard and justly deserved their win?

So they lower themselves into the gutter to gain a small advantage that only serves to undermine the fact that  the difference in size and wealth between them and us is so great as to suggest that kicking them completely out of the league would be a just reaction and of benefit to all other teams in Scotland. If all the other teams refused to play them it would rock Scottish Football to it's foundations and certainly put these two teams into bankruptcy and oblivion. Success has gone to their heads and now represents a pain in the Irish, little else.

They owe all their wealth and power to all the fans in Scotland who have come to matches involving them and they are coming very close to losing all sympathy they have around the league by this stupid and precipitate  decision. They would then have to crawl to the English FA and would end up in a lowly League and have to fight their way back into the limelight if they lost total support. 

I am extremely angry at the pettiness and  lack of wisdom in this action. All it serves to do is alienate other fans  and clubs and show them up to be very sore losers --the only team in the world who ever had unfair treatment , good, bad or indifferent meted out to them. WOW--what big news, eh?

Instead of sucking it up and getting on with it they act ungraciously and in a self-serving manner. Only Ronnie Deila has  had the grace and class to speak a good word about ICT as far as I can determine.

When you think of the colossal energy output made by ICT to allow them to get to this incredible position and set that against all the wealth and power that Celtic mustered and yet they FAILED miserably when the chips were down, one can only be embarrassed  for them .

It would do Scottish Football Premier League a lot of good if we terminated both their membership and that of Rangers F.C who undoubtedly shared their views when they were in the same league. Both teams are over privileged and over dominant  and both have a sense of lofty, unearned entitlement that belies their usefulness and their ranking in the hearts of the true Scottish football fan. They need to be taken down a peg and I fondly hope that Caley Thistle shows in the FINAL that THEY, and they alone, deserve to win the cup by more fantastic play, skill, effort and heart.

• Agree 4

We should all pick one incident each where a decision has gone against Us and write to the compliance officer and ask why the decision was wrongly given. Celtic want a can of worms opened lets fully open it. My letter about the Ofere incident is going in the post this morning, let's se what the compliance officer has to say about that

• Agree 7

Surprised by Yogi's comments that Celtic were right to complain 

Caley boss John Hughes refused to be drawn on the ban but admitted Celtic were RIGHT to complain.

He said: “I’m 100 per cent behind Celtic. Unfortunately it’s the referee that gets it.

“It was a penalty and a sending-off. It would have been 2-0 and game over but I’m 100 per cent convinced that it was an honest mistake by the official

Surprised by Yogi's comments that Celtic were right to complain 

Caley boss John Hughes refused to be drawn on the ban but admitted Celtic were RIGHT to complain.

He said: “I’m 100 per cent behind Celtic. Unfortunately it’s the referee that gets it.

“It was a penalty and a sending-off. It would have been 2-0 and game over but I’m 100 per cent convinced that it was an honest mistake by the official

It is only a sending off if deliberate. It's only Yogi's opinion but it certainly makes ICT look more than a bit naive in the media handling. Surely Yogi should have been briefed by legal counsel before undertaking an interview of this sort for flips sake!

Surprised by Yogi's comments that Celtic were right to complain  Caley boss John Hughes refused to be drawn on the ban but admitted Celtic were RIGHT to complain.He said: “I’m 100 per cent behind Celtic. Unfortunately it’s the referee that gets it.“It was a penalty and a sending-off. It would have been 2-0 and game over but I’m 100 per cent convinced that it was an honest mistake by the official

It is only a sending off if deliberate. It's only Yogi's opinion but it certainly makes ICT look more than a bit naive in the media handling. Surely Yogi should have been briefed by legal counsel before undertaking an interview of this sort for flips sake!

If this is the attitude John Hughes is going to meeting with God help you Josh !!!!!

• Agree 1

We appear if all reports are correct to be getting a lot of sympathy from all over from other clubs .

Would be good if they come along on the day and give us their support and help us on the way to

lifting that important piece of silver .Because try as you may Celtic you can't change the fact we are

In the final and you're not .Get over it you shower of spoilt brats .

High time someone had the balls to put a stop to the hold they have over every decision made whatever

Team its against .HEAD UP JOSH WE ALL LOVE YOU AND KNOW YOU ARE NOT A CHEAT !!!!!!!!!

• Agree 6

So Yogi had no faith in Ryan saving the spot kick then? Blimey!!

It's Celtic !!!!! Had they been given it and Ryan saved it . They would have got a second bite at the cherry

Ryan moved too soon or some pathetic reason to con the ref !!!!!

The problem with precedents is that someone has to set them - the outcome of this appeal will certainly do that whichever way it falls.

Celtic should now be scrutinised by EVERY other club in the league and as soon as ANY of their players do something that could prompt a complaint, the opposition team must feel obliged to do so.

It's only in the pursuit of justice, after all.   :wink:

It reminds me of the old curse: be careful what you wish for, as it may just come true.

• Agree 4

Sometimes JH's enthusiasm for being fair to the opposition gets a bit much. We're certainly not getting anything like that degree of respect from Celtic.

You are absolutely right. Celtic certainly won't extend the same courtesy. Think Yogi is trying to be some sort of all-things-to-all men politician. Although of course Yogi is totally 100% for ICT, it probably doesn't help that he is great mates with John Collins. Misguided, over-enthusiastic magnaminity. Generosity of spirit to our player first and foremost should be order of the day and thankfully that is backed up by the facts ... so I expect us to win the day with Josh. No way deliberate.

Unfortunately, as far as Yogi goes, we only get to see or read the edited version of what he actually said. I'm with IHE in that I think there was an element of sarcasm in his statement and I think if I'd been present when he said whats reported I'd have interpreted it different.

I do not believe John Hughes would be disloyal to the Club or his players, what is the origin of the quote and to whom?

It could have serious consequences and if a 'misquote' has been made I hope he takes legal action against the offender.

• Agree 2

I've just had a wee trawl of the SFA website and have come across the Judicial Panel Protocol which is a 212 page document (I haven't read it all!).

On page 9 section 9.4 it states "A Notice of Complaint may be initiated by the Compliance Officer in respect of an incident which would generally be the subject of a match official(s) report".   There is nothing that I can see which restricts Notices to violent conduct and so the the alleged offence would appear to fall within the remit of the Compliance officer.

However, the protocol then goes on to say on page 188 in an appendix section 2.1 on "Reporting of Offences by Match Officials" that "The referee shall administer cautions and sendings-off in accordance with the Laws of the Game and report them to the Scottish FA."  Linking this with the section above would suggest that it is not just red card offences but also yellow card offences that the Compliance Officer is empowered to serve Notices of Complaint about.

Appendix section 3 on page 191 then goes on to list cautionable offences and section B2 refers to  "Dissent by words or action".  Was it just me or did anyone else see a number of Celtic players demonstrate dissent at the referee's decision?  So why have they not been issued with Notices of Complaint?

Others have said that this opens up a can of worms and looking at this document makes clear just what an enormous can this could be.  However, some good could come out of all of this.  The extent of the powers to issue a Notice of Complaint clearly extends to issues which sully the reputation of the game - all this diving, shirt pulling and holding.  These are all cautionable offences and if the SFA had any genuine wish to "protect the integrity and reputation of the game" then it is within their power to serve notice to clubs that the Compliance Officer will be looking for such incidents and will be serving Notices of Complaint when such offences are spotted.

In the meantime, whilst it would appear that Josh's incident is an appropriate one to refer to a judicial panel, the fact that there is no precedent for referring such incidents is indicative of poor judgement and vindictiveness.  The sensible course of action would be for the SFA to withdraw the Notice but give clubs due warning that next season they will use their powers more extensively.  Until they do that it would be fair game for clubs to write to the SFA reporting every incident involving a Celtic player for which a caution should have been given within the laws of the game and request they apply their rules and issue a notice of complaint against the players concerned.  If they can't exercise their powers fairly and consistently for the good of the game then others need to disrupt their activities until they get the message that they are ruining the game whose integrity and reputation they have a duty to uphold.

• Agree 1

Listen to your psychological expert here please :wink:

Yogi is being mega polite but totally pisshh taking. What do we now care if the penalty was given or they scored. We won 3-2 - end of story. Of course it should have been a penalty - of course it should have been a sending off. I don't think that Yogi or Josh Meekings have ever contested that. Point is that Yogi is clearly stating that it was the fault of the referee who made "an honest mistake" and not Josh Meekings.

Josh has also made comments in the press (fortunately) where he accepts that the hand ball could have been a shot saver and that he would not have been surprised had he been sent off. What he is saying - and the most important issue of all - and again he said it in the press - is that he did not deliberately attempt to prevent the ball going in to the goal with his hand. He has stated all along that he went in to block impulsively and that it was split second and Griffiths was a matter of a couple of feet away. So again he is saying that it was NOT a deliberate act and in many ways that it was a "ball to hand" situation. And again that projects the blame on to the officials - THREE of them - in this instance.

Anyone know what the referees report was ?

• Agree 1

If the outcome is in our favour, we should make Josh captain in the final. Imagine how many TV screens would be kicked in in the East end of Glasgow as TV shows him leading the boys out.

There'll be riots if he then goes on to lift the trophy!!

• Agree 2

I gave you a like for that one even though there is no-one other than Shinnie that gets the armband that day. Hopefully his last act as an ICT player is to lift the cup

• Agree 2